JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
An Auburn man with an extensive criminal history is dead today because, according to a published report, he got out of a car after being pulled over by the police Saturday night, and he had a knife in his hand.

<broken link removed>

From the "reported facts" of the article it seems like a reasonable outcome.

according to a published report, he got out of a car after being pulled over by the police Saturday night, and he had a knife in his hand.

Sullivan's report says the 48-year-old Scaman threatened the officer with the knife.

On March 17, Scaman was charged in King County Superior Court with possession of a stolen vehicle. In those charging documents, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Douglas K. Young said that Scaman's felony history included multiple convictions for possession of stolen property, drug possession, second-degree burglary and trafficking in stolen property. He was convicted of assault in 1985 and has a lengthy misdemeanor history.

Please, don't put a damper on the feeding frenzy with facts.

LOL, hey I just try to live in the real world, you know, the one where when you pull a knife on an officer they will most likely shoot you. Unfortunately it seems people either feel police can do nothing wrong, or police can do nothing right, objectivity to each unique incident is rarely is a factor.

LOL, hey I just try to live in the real world, you know, the one where when you pull a knife on an officer they will most likely shoot you. Unfortunately it seems people either feel police can do nothing wrong, or police can do nothing right, objectivity to each unique incident is rarely is a factor.

Ya, come on! Facts always get in the way of a good story!!:)

Come at me with a knife and I'd plug ya too. As for whether it was justified or not - if you weren't there, you will never know for sure either way. You have to rely on whoever does the investigation to do an impartial search for the truth. Unfortunately, there have been quite a few incidents like this recently where you might tend to question the outcome of the investigation. As my brother often says - "Hard sayin', not knowin'."

A knife is a deadly weapon, and not just by legal definition. If I were threatened with a knife I would take it every bit as seriously as a threat with a gun. Pulling a knife on the cops is what the medical community refers to as terminal stupidity.

Some where I have a video of a guy with a knife about 15' away from a cop with an AK while 7 other cops were in the area. The knife put three of the cops in the hospital including the AK cop. He never got of a shot and got about 8 stabwounds! SCREW the tazer. Play stupid games...win stupid prizes! 1 less dirtbag.

Gotta feel sorry for the cop. Totaly justified shooting from what I am reading. Yet critics keep on doing what they do. It is easy to say he should of done this or that but you would shoot too...rather you will admit to it or not. and if you didn't shoot, you would probably be dead. I pray for this guy, may peace be with him

I apologize. I was trying to watch it on my iphone, but when I tried it on my laptop it worked.

Btw, you weren't kidding about it being graphic. I've been looking for a video like this for a long time. I've had several heated discussions with friends at work about a gun vs a knife at close distances.

Btw, you weren't kidding about it being graphic. I've been looking for a video like this for a long time. I've had several heated discussions with friends at work about a gun vs a knife at close distances.

I counted 10 shots (at least) and the dude with the knife is not out of the fight. Adrenalin is a mofo. Cops are probably shooting Glock 17s with who knows what for ammo. Me thinks they need better training and probably better weaponry.

So a guy who gets pulled over for having a burnt out headlight gets shot for holding a knife? Maybe he was concerned that he was being accosted by a thug with a gun... rightfully concerned, as it turned out, because the thug murdered him.

But hey, WA cops don't even need to see a weapon to brutalize the citizenry: YouTube - Raw Video: Police Slam Wrong Man Into a Wall

Attempted murder? Nah, justified. The despicable brute wasn't even suspended: <broken link removed>

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top