Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Auburn, WA police shooting no cause for hysteria

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, May 9, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

How many have the Wash. POLICE DONE THIS YEAR???

3. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

what ever happened to tazing people???

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Too many.

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

From the "reported facts" of the article it seems like a reasonable outcome.

6. the puma

the puma Oregon City Active Member

Please, don't put a damper on the feeding frenzy with facts.

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

LOL, hey I just try to live in the real world, you know, the one where when you pull a knife on an officer they will most likely shoot you. Unfortunately it seems people either feel police can do nothing wrong, or police can do nothing right, objectivity to each unique incident is rarely is a factor.

8. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Yer bubblegumtin' us, right?
    Keyboards should come with this product warning: "Engage your brain before touching keys."

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

Ya, come on! Facts always get in the way of a good story!!:)

10. Smoke It

Smoke It northwest New Member

ya just ask al gore and the global warming BS story

11. 38snubby

38snubby Seattle New Member

That really pertained to the thread.:bash:

12. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Come at me with a knife and I'd plug ya too. As for whether it was justified or not - if you weren't there, you will never know for sure either way. You have to rely on whoever does the investigation to do an impartial search for the truth. Unfortunately, there have been quite a few incidents like this recently where you might tend to question the outcome of the investigation. As my brother often says - "Hard sayin', not knowin'."

13. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

A knife is a deadly weapon, and not just by legal definition. If I were threatened with a knife I would take it every bit as seriously as a threat with a gun. Pulling a knife on the cops is what the medical community refers to as terminal stupidity.

14. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Some where I have a video of a guy with a knife about 15' away from a cop with an AK while 7 other cops were in the area. The knife put three of the cops in the hospital including the AK cop. He never got of a shot and got about 8 stabwounds! SCREW the tazer. Play stupid games...win stupid prizes! 1 less dirtbag.

15. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

Gotta feel sorry for the cop. Totaly justified shooting from what I am reading. Yet critics keep on doing what they do. It is easy to say he should of done this or that but you would shoot too...rather you will admit to it or not. and if you didn't shoot, you would probably be dead. I pray for this guy, may peace be with him

16. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

17. scrappydoo

scrappydoo Federal Way Active Member

Video wouldn't work for me. It just kept taking me to the age verification page.

18. scrappydoo

scrappydoo Federal Way Active Member

I apologize. I was trying to watch it on my iphone, but when I tried it on my laptop it worked.

Btw, you weren't kidding about it being graphic. I've been looking for a video like this for a long time. I've had several heated discussions with friends at work about a gun vs a knife at close distances.

19. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

I counted 10 shots (at least) and the dude with the knife is not out of the fight. Adrenalin is a mofo. Cops are probably shooting Glock 17s with who knows what for ammo. Me thinks they need better training and probably better weaponry.

20. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

So a guy who gets pulled over for having a burnt out headlight gets shot for holding a knife? Maybe he was concerned that he was being accosted by a thug with a gun... rightfully concerned, as it turned out, because the thug murdered him.

But hey, WA cops don't even need to see a weapon to brutalize the citizenry: YouTube - Raw Video: Police Slam Wrong Man Into a Wall

Attempted murder? Nah, justified. The despicable brute wasn't even suspended: http://www.king5.com/news/Frequent-...ntinues-even-after-tragic-case-121509239.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.