Auburn, WA police shooting no cause for hysteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Workman

Reactions
An Auburn man with an extensive criminal history is dead today because, according to a published report, he got out of a car after being pulled over by the police Saturday night, and he had a knife in his hand.

<broken link removed>

Reactions
From the "reported facts" of the article it seems like a reasonable outcome.

according to a published report, he got out of a car after being pulled over by the police Saturday night, and he had a knife in his hand.
Sullivan's report says the 48-year-old Scaman threatened the officer with the knife.
On March 17, Scaman was charged in King County Superior Court with possession of a stolen vehicle. In those charging documents, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Douglas K. Young said that Scaman's felony history included multiple convictions for possession of stolen property, drug possession, second-degree burglary and trafficking in stolen property. He was convicted of assault in 1985 and has a lengthy misdemeanor history.

Reactions
Please, don't put a damper on the feeding frenzy with facts.
LOL, hey I just try to live in the real world, you know, the one where when you pull a knife on an officer they will most likely shoot you. Unfortunately it seems people either feel police can do nothing wrong, or police can do nothing right, objectivity to each unique incident is rarely is a factor.

Reactions
LOL, hey I just try to live in the real world, you know, the one where when you pull a knife on an officer they will most likely shoot you. Unfortunately it seems people either feel police can do nothing wrong, or police can do nothing right, objectivity to each unique incident is rarely is a factor.
Ya, come on! Facts always get in the way of a good story!!:)

Reactions
Come at me with a knife and I'd plug ya too. As for whether it was justified or not - if you weren't there, you will never know for sure either way. You have to rely on whoever does the investigation to do an impartial search for the truth. Unfortunately, there have been quite a few incidents like this recently where you might tend to question the outcome of the investigation. As my brother often says - "Hard sayin', not knowin'."

Reactions
A knife is a deadly weapon, and not just by legal definition. If I were threatened with a knife I would take it every bit as seriously as a threat with a gun. Pulling a knife on the cops is what the medical community refers to as terminal stupidity.

Reactions
Gotta feel sorry for the cop. Totaly justified shooting from what I am reading. Yet critics keep on doing what they do. It is easy to say he should of done this or that but you would shoot too...rather you will admit to it or not. and if you didn't shoot, you would probably be dead. I pray for this guy, may peace be with him

Reactions
I apologize. I was trying to watch it on my iphone, but when I tried it on my laptop it worked.

Btw, you weren't kidding about it being graphic. I've been looking for a video like this for a long time. I've had several heated discussions with friends at work about a gun vs a knife at close distances.

Reactions
Btw, you weren't kidding about it being graphic. I've been looking for a video like this for a long time. I've had several heated discussions with friends at work about a gun vs a knife at close distances.
I counted 10 shots (at least) and the dude with the knife is not out of the fight. Adrenalin is a mofo. Cops are probably shooting Glock 17s with who knows what for ammo. Me thinks they need better training and probably better weaponry.

Reactions
So a guy who gets pulled over for having a burnt out headlight gets shot for holding a knife? Maybe he was concerned that he was being accosted by a thug with a gun... rightfully concerned, as it turned out, because the thug murdered him.

But hey, WA cops don't even need to see a weapon to brutalize the citizenry: YouTube - Raw Video: Police Slam Wrong Man Into a Wall

Attempted murder? Nah, justified. The despicable brute wasn't even suspended: <broken link removed>

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom