JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rifle NOT in plain view.
Not a member of that department, but if you don't know where to look in some cases, you will not find it.
Did you read that somewhere? I'm curious because I regularly see the auburn police with their rifles. I haven't seen an SUV with a visible rifle but I attributed that to the height of the vehicle and tinted windows.

So aren't all marked police cruisers loaded with electronics/communications for running DL's, plates, etc? How can it be that hard to locate?

And yes, I think the "secure" rifle is much less secure than they would like you to believe. A few standard tools and I bet its free as a bird.

Not true. I won't tell you how its made to be secure but the average person cannot get it out of the locked rack unless they have the combination. Sure a crow bar and a hammer would eventually do the job but you are not going to be able to just grab it out of its rack and run.

Not sure how patrol cars aren't alarmed just like most cars these days. Put a cheap viper alarm in it. and make sure you lock it!

Seems to be a common thing these days. It's usually an easy target.

Cars are left running all of the time. Mostly because of all the electronics inside. Killing power and having to reboot everytime the car is shut down and started up is a pain and causes problems. The cars also drain batteries fast. They have bigger alternators that keep everything going.

BUT....usually there is two sets of keys and fobs. One stays in the car while its running, the other stays secured to the officer somewhere so he doesnt lock the keys in the car with it runnin. Simple redundancy and locked doors keeps 98% of would-be joy riders in check.

Last Edited:
CXchw2EVAAE0M1l.jpg

CXchw2EVAAE0M1l.jpg

Not true. I won't tell you how its made to be secure but the average person cannot get it out of the locked rack unless they have the combination. Sure a crow bar and a hammer would eventually do the job but you are not going to be able to just grab it out of its rack and run.

Yep. And if you use a hammer and/or crowbar, you'll probably wreck the rifle before you get it out. That is...if you can find where it is.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top