JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I am hearing that if I am going to concealed carry, I should have the name/contact info of an appropriate attorney with me, in case I need to defend myself (first with my gun, and then from the Legal System). It should be an attorney who is experienced in criminal law, and if possible, is gun-friendly and experienced helping armed citizens (not just defending crooks who used a gun). Does anyone have any recommendation or info about this? I have looked through the forum, and I can't see anything, nor can I determine an appropriate place to post this. thanks, Chris

Don't talk to the police.

This video pretty much covers it.

Dont Talk to Police - YouTube

Then after you have "processed" the events speak to an attorney and follow his (or her) advice. Don't be surprised or take it personally if you are arrested and/or your weapon seized. Let your attorney handle it. Again, follow his or her advice.

To the point of your question you do not need an attorney on retainer if you want to pack.

I've often wondered why there weren't any reviews for attorney's in this forum. Maybe us "gun nuts" aren't as bloodthirsty as some would like to think and as such don't have a lot of experience dealing with them (lawyers). By comparison, a motorcycle forum I'm part of has a whole thread dedicated to local lawyers.

Contact the Oregon Firearms Federation. A few years ago my brother's constitutional rights were violated when he was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm. He was driving home from hunting with a handgun in plain view in his vehicle in a city that allows open carry. All perfectly legal under ORS. 166.250. He contacted OFF who referred him to an attorney who specializes in firearms cases. He was able to get all the charges dropped and his firearm returned.

Try this,

[email protected]

Decent insurance and a resource for an attorney. You will have to decide what works best for you. Think of it like choosing memory for your computer. Whatever you decide you need double it. That way you have room to expand.

After sitting thru a Massad Ayoob class last year, I did as he recommended; Contact your local police or sheriff and see who they use. Contact that attorneys office to ensure he/she will defend private citizens.

I then took that attorney's card, laminated it, and taped it to the back of my CCW.

If you haven't taken a class from Mas I'd highly recommend it. Well worth your time and money.

So question, don't they take your personal possessions away from you when you are arrested? So if you have the number in your wallet, or on your phone, will they let you look at it when you get your phone call? or do you have to have it memorized?

Within every Front Sight Pistol class is classroom time dealing with legal issues regarding ccw, use of force, and aftermath and how to deal with police following use of deadly force. There are a number of CCW insurance programs out there now. The one I hear advertised the most is CCWsafe.com

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top