JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got back from the show and getting my application in with Sheriff Palmer. What a great experience, he is every bit the nice guy everyone here has said. The entire process took me about 15 mins since I had all my paperwork ready and just needed photo and prints. He is set up right inside the entrance accross from the membership desk. He will NOT be there tomorrow, so get there today.

Slickx45

I look forward to the day a California sheriff comes to Oregon, saying "come on everyone, I am taking apps for out-of-state California permits". Dang, that would be so nice. I don't even bother seeing my relatives in California anymore. I am not going to a crime infested state where I am not legally allowed to defend my own life.

When living in WA, I did get an OR out-of-state permit. I had to write a long letter and the sheriff in WA county was very friendly about it. Its insanity that people in Vancouver are not allowed to carry a firearm for protection in Portland.

I still have my WA conceal carry permit, but need to get it updated. I hope I won't have any problems getting it updated, now I live in Oregon. From talking to Clark County Sheriff on the phone, it sounded like it was much simpler process then getting an out-of-state Oregon permit.

I have a WA non-resident permit and I live in OR. When I got my permit I Just went over to the Sheriffs dept in Vancouver and paid my $55 and was done very quickly. I have to get it renewed this year and also hope there are no hiccups in the system.:)

Wow. very simple. Sheriff palmer is a very nice man and very helpfull.(even finger printed my boy..told him if he ever gets in trouble they can find him) LOLOLOL.
The cost is 65.00 total. One thing they ONLY except check or money order, well for the state part(15.00) so bring your check book to make it easier. And dont forget to take the test online..see other post...The puyallup show is huge, much bigger than expected.

did the sheriff give you the impression he would be there next month? read
this thread too late on Saturday to head down to the show.

I am not sure when he will be back up here, but a call to his office: (541) 575-1131 would get you his schedule. His office staff was very friendly when I called last Thursday. Hope this helps.

Slickx45

I wanted to take a second and tell al of those folks that stopped by and said hi that we appreciated the kindness and courtesy given to us while at the WAC gun show in Puyallup Saturday.....we actually started in Vancouver Friday evening at about 6:30 pm at the Round Table Pizza at the J&M Plaza where we met with Kevin Starret of OFF and Sal. We took about 22 applications there and jetted over to a place about 20 minutes away. Picked up 7 more applications there....Got back to our daughters and her boyfriends at about 11:30 pm or so....Up Saturday morning at about 3:30 and got on the road to Puyallup....Met with Tom Rasor of WAC who took us in and showed us our table where we worked from 8:00 a.m. to about 4:00 pm and did about 85-90 applications for the Oregon CHL. Just to let you know, we took no lunch break and only a few minutes of a bathroom break all day....We actually ran out of applications and we only brought 100 copies with us.

We met a bunch of neat people and enjoyed their kind words of encouragement in what we were doing.....This was a big learning experience for us in finding what worked and what didn't but it went smoothly as it could have.

I want you guys to know that this couldn't have been done without the hard work of my wife RoseAnn and our daughter Shawna and her boyfriend Kevin Oltmann from Vancouver.......So, if some of you that would like to help with this and have some spare time, possibly we could get some of you to volunteer and maybe take shifts in helping with our project?!?!?!?!

For those of you that donated to our Live SCan Fingerprint machine, we gathered about $800 in donations from the folks in Vancouver and Puyallup....We are getting really close to the $11,000 needed to buy the Live Scan.....

For those applicants that have things to send in to us to complete your packet, get them sent in so that we can get your application processed and your prints sent in to the state.....

Until next time,

Glenn

Thanks for coming up and doing this, you all were a real class act!

With all of the very frustrating things going on in the country these days, it really warms my heart to see people in your position doing things like this. It’s good to know that somewhere in America, people in the government are reaching out to citizens and doing what they can to actually make things better and not worse. It really makes me want to move down to Grant county :D

So anyway, enough with the love letter... :s0114: If you have an email address or other method of signing up to do volunteer work please let me know. I’d be happy to come work a shift or go fetch ya’ll lunch next time you’re in town.

Thanks for coming up and doing this, you all were a real class act!

With all of the very frustrating things going on in the country these days, it really warms my heart to see people in your position doing things like this. It’s good to know that somewhere in America, people in the government are reaching out to citizens and doing what they can to actually make things better and not worse. It really makes me want to move down to Grant county :D

So anyway, enough with the love letter... :s0114: If you have an email address or other method of signing up to do volunteer work please let me know. I’d be happy to come work a shift or go fetch ya’ll lunch next time you’re in town.

Thule, it boils down to one issue and that is the Oath of Office. Uphold and defend or support the Consitution of the State of Oregon and of the United States.....You are either with us or against us and there ain't no room on the fence!!!!!!! I wish I'd started this ten years ago. As I have said before, I am not doing this for me, I am doing it for you all out there. I don't want to see anyone get jacked up and their guns taken and tossed in jail for possessing a pistol when they come to Oregon. I don't get paid extra or personally benefit in any way or form other than the satisfaction of knowing that you'll be legal when you come to Oregon.

Glenn

Just wanted to confirm what has already been mentioned by others about going through the application process with Sheriff Palmer and his staff, quick, easy and painless. All were really helpful and friendly. Especially enjoyed meeting the Sheriff and having a brief chat. Hope to see him again, offering the services again as there were others at the WAC show who would have liked to applied for an OR Non-Res CHL but found out too late of the opportunity being offered to take advantage.

So if you were wanting to get your OR non-resident CHL, bring your checkbook and I.D. to the Puyallup Fairgrounds this weekend (March 27-28), prepare to get ink on your fingers, and search for a guy that looks like this:

<broken link removed>

I came on Sunday disappointed unable to find Sheriff Palmer. Evidently reports of him being there the whole weekend were false. now how am i supposed to escape the seattle rain at Cannon Beach?

Thank you for what you do. I would like to know next time you come to the vancouver area or the NW. And also is there somewhere that we can send
donations for the finger print machine?

Thank you for what you do. I would like to know next time you come to the vancouver area or the NW. And also is there somewhere that we can send
donations for the finger print machine?

If you go to the Oregon Firearms Federation website, there is a link that can direct you to a tax deductible write off through OFF....we need about $4,000 more to make this happen.

Glenn

I came on Sunday disappointed unable to find Sheriff Palmer. Evidently reports of him being there the whole weekend were false. now how am i supposed to escape the seattle rain at Cannon Beach?

We only planned being there Satruday as Sunday is a five to six hour drive home for us....from Vancouver that is. Add a couple more three hours from Puyallup and your looking at an 8-9 hour trip......we did about 111 applications Friday night and all day Saturday.

From what I see, we'll be back and try to catch more folks from Wa State.

Sorry we missed you.....

:s0129::s0129::s0129: Glenn

We only planned being there Satruday as Sunday is a five to six hour drive home for us....from Vancouver that is. Add a couple more three hours from Puyallup and your looking at an 8-9 hour trip......we did about 111 applications Friday night and all day Saturday.

From what I see, we'll be back and try to catch more folks from Wa State.

Sorry we missed you.....

:s0129::s0129::s0129: Glenn

I just drove all the way from Vancouver to Portland to renew my OR out of state permit! Had I known you'd be there doing it, I'd have gone up there. Long trip but I'd also take in the show!!
The renewal process was quick and except for the $50 charge pretty painless. Only two people showed up while I was there. Left half my paperwork in the car so had to redo them while the other guy went through. Had to present a letter as to why I wanted to renew but at least I didn't need the letter from the health dept this time! After 20+ years of having an OR license you'd think it'd be pretty much automatic.

I met up with Sheriff Glen at the Round Table Pizza off of I-5 and 78th here in Vancouver last Friday.

The entire operation was very smooth and Glen, his wife and daughter are all great people. They made the whole process extremely easy and actually fun!

Thanks to those of you who organized this over the last weekend and I hope you will all consider donating to the department as they are trying to raise funds for a finger printing machine similar to what Hillsboro has.

Anyone who supports the Second Amendment and is so willing to help us WA residents out should be awarded.

Hey, New York, great running into you at Round Table!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top