JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon Sheriff will be at the Puyallup Gun Show this Weekend accepting applications for your non-resident Oregon Concealed Handgun License!

Sheriff Glen Palmer, Grant County Oregon is being very aggressive in getting Oregon's border States to obtain an Oregon non-res. CHL. You may have heard of this Sheriff who is a champion of gun rights through OFF or Sheriff Richard Mack events. It would be great if ALL Sheriff's were like him.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

So if you were wanting to get your OR non-resident CHL, bring your checkbook and I.D. to the Puyallup Fairgrounds this weekend (March 27-28), prepare to get ink on your fingers, and search for a guy that looks like this:

<broken link removed>

It has always been a discussion in the past about our border states trying to determine which OR Sheriff they should go to and apply. Many Sheriffs in Oregon require that you have business or family here, but Palmer doesn't give a hoot as long as you can pass the background check.

Well now is your chance to get first class door-to-door service.

Good luck and please report back of your experience.

New York

So if you were wanting to get your OR non-resident CHL, bring your checkbook and I.D. to the Puyallup Fairgrounds this weekend (March 27-28), prepare to get ink on your fingers, and search for a guy that looks like this:

<broken link removed>
In addition, you will need to attach to your application or provide documentation to demonstrate competency and proficiency by any of the methods prescribed by Oregon law.
&#63742; Completion of any NRA firearms safety or training course if handgun safety was a component of
the course
&#63742; Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public
offered by law enforcement, community college or private institution or organization or firearms
training school or the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife utilizing instructors certified by the
NRA, a law enforcement agency or the State of Oregon if handgun safety was a component of the
course
&#63742; Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course offered for security guards,
investigators, reserve law enforcement officers or any other law enforcement officers if handgun
safety was a component of the course
&#63742; Presents evidence or equivalent experience with a handgun through participation in organized
shooting competition or military service
&#63742; Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked.
PAGE 5
&#63742; Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a firearms instructor
certified by a law enforcement agency or the NRA if handgun safety was a component of the
course

This is straight from his Application which you can get:

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/pdfs/grantcochlapp.pdf

I was planning on driving down to Grant County on Tues but heard this great news! I will advise of how the process goes.

Slickx45

You're right - I forgot to add that. But if you don't have an Oregon class certificate, go here:

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

and after you watch the training video (about 30 minutes), follow the instructions and print out your certificate.

Bring it with you - Palmer will accept it as a valid Oregon class completion certification.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, slickx45.

NY

I look forward to the day a California sheriff comes to Oregon, saying "come on everyone, I am taking apps for out-of-state California permits". Dang, that would be so nice. I don't even bother seeing my relatives in California anymore. I am not going to a crime infested state where I am not legally allowed to defend my own life.

When living in WA, I did get an OR out-of-state permit. I had to write a long letter and the sheriff in WA county was very friendly about it. Its insanity that people in Vancouver are not allowed to carry a firearm for protection in Portland.

I still have my WA conceal carry permit, but need to get it updated. I hope I won't have any problems getting it updated, now I live in Oregon. From talkign to Clark COunty SHeriff on the phone, it sounded like it was much simpler process then getting an out-of-state Oregon permit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top