JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was flipping through the hand out book of gunlaws they give out at the sheriffs office and it says the only exceptions for loaded firearm in car is on duty leos and disabled hunters with proper permits says nothing about CPL?any WA info(of course locked out of passenger compartment CPL or not)

RCW 9.41.050 - Carrying firearms.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

I was flipping through the hand out book of gunlaws they give out at the sheriffs office and it says the only exceptions for loaded firearm in car is on duty leos and disabled hunters with proper permits says nothing about CPL?any WA info(of course locked out of passenger compartment CPL or not)

After reading this again, this sounds like long guns, not hand guns...

RCW 9.41.050 - Carrying firearms.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

There is also an AG's opinion that the weapon can be off the persons body and still be legal. I have a hard copy of it someplace.

You can have loaded mags for a long gun, just not inserted into the weapon. This is a recent law (1990s) and needs to be overturned for at minimum, CCW people

There is ZERO reason to tell CCW people what type of gun they can carry for self defense. They, as free people are best qualified to know these things, not government

I have a friend that always tells people that FEDERAL law says you can't transport long guns and ammo in the vehicle ,together.
I kinda may do it anyway but I haven't searched it to be sure.
Anyone have a link to say yes or no?

Here's the one he's talking about

TITLE 18--CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I--CRIMES

CHAPTER 44--FIREARMS

Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or
regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person
who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting,
shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a
firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the
firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being
transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the
passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in
the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's
compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked
container other than the glove compartment or console.

There is also an AG's opinion that the weapon can be off the persons body and still be legal. I have a hard copy of it someplace.

Here it is.

uploadfromtaptalk1361574906944.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1361574922089.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1361574931848.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361574906944.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361574922089.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361574931848.jpg

Love the title as there are many on here.

Also includes psychologists, constitutional law, military law, scholars, and my favorite, economists.

One day I am sure we will see a thread that says "help, I am being prosecuted"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

This is why I wrote WASHINGTON STATE GUN RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (now in its 15th printing), and why some cops and attorneys use it as a reference guide.

This is why I wrote WASHINGTON STATE GUN RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (now in its 15th printing), and why some cops and attorneys use it as a reference guide.

If you want one, you can get a copy of that from the local sheriff when you apply for your CPL here. My mom got a copy from her CPL renewal from a couple of weeks ago. Thanks Dave!

You are not reading all of it. RCW 9.41.050

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and:

It is not an exemption...it that law just does not apply.

The exemptions are in RCW 9.41.060

Oh, one other thing...remember...it is a concealed PISTOL license...does not apply to long guns.

You can have loaded mags for a long gun, just not inserted into the weapon. This is a recent law (1990s) and needs to be overturned for at minimum, CCW people

There is ZERO reason to tell CCW people what type of gun they can carry for self defense. They, as free people are best qualified to know these things, not government

Why limit it to CCW. Are those individuals that do not carry concealed not considered as free?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top