JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Carter v. Forjas Taurus, S.A., et al.
If you own one or more of the following "Class Pistols" : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the "PRO" series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.
  • Settlement Payment Option – Settlement Class Members may elect to return their Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies and receive a payment of up to $200 per Class Pistol.
  • Enhanced Warranty – The Taurus Companies agree to modify their existing warranty for all Class Pistols to allow any owner to submit a warranty claim at any time.
    • The Class Pistol will be inspected by the Taurus Companies at no cost and repaired or replaced as necessary.
    • The Taurus Companies will pay all costs associated with this enhanced warranty, including but not limited to the cost of shipping to and from the Taurus Companies and the cost inspect the Class Pistol.
  • Safety Training – The Taurus Companies have produced special and particularized safety training addressing the operation and handling of class pistols.
    United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Case No. 1:13-cv-24583-PAS
    This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by Heffler Claims, the Claims Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.

For more information please call 1-844-528-0180

I have a pt140 pro that is several years old. Bought it used a few years ago from a pawn shop. I have shot it plenty and it has always been 100% reliable. It has never fired with the safety on but I don't use the safety any way. I haven't drop tested it. Is this lawsuit about a couple pistols that may or may not have malfunctioned and owners got good ? lawyers? I have had several Taurus pistols and didn't like some but never considered any of them unsafe.

I have a PT111-G2. Glad I'm not part of this.

A buddy of mine had a 140, and went in for servicing and Taurus held it up for months. Finally when he got his pistol back it was a brand new one that was the corrected model.

They were just waiting for the updated model to get him a pistol again.

dang I always seem to be contrary:rolleyes: I have a Taurus 24/7 PT 24/7 in 9mm...... thousands of rounds, flawless operation and I shoot far better with it than any other pistol I have,

its no longer a lawsuit, its a settlement now
I read the settlement and the safety issues "meh" you need to be trying to shoot it while applying the safety simultaneously..... I think some one was just mucking around with the pistol and found an angle for a law suit.
Im certainly not turning in my pistol for $200, but since I shoot better with my Taurus, I come out ahead with the "Enhanced Warranty" they offer should you choose to ignore the buy back settlement.
free shipping for free repairs for life, if it cant be fixed they send me a new pistol & my pistol bypass's the warranty review board and no longer matters if I screwed up the gun voiding the warranty, this pistol gets fast tracked to repairs,
the "Enhanced Warranty" is transferable to the new owners.

I will caution other Taurus owners who's models were named in the suit....many of the models...... Taurus is NO longer manufacturing the magazines...my 24/7 PT in 9mm is one that they no longer manufacture mags....so if you like your pistol buy a few mags for it now, especially 10 rounders if we get mag limit laws this legislative session

One caviat, if you send in your pistol five years from now for any issue and it doesn't pass their "inspection", your pistol is gone. They will replace it, but you won't get your gun back. My PT 145 has been a PITA since I bought it in 2001. It has been in for repairs three times. They have replaced barrels, RSAs, triggers, and each time send it back "repaired". Each time it will work great for a couple hundred rounds and then fail again. I obviously retired it for my EDC rotation and basically shoved it in the back of the safe. I welcome this settlement and will send it in for replacement when they start accepting returns again. I believe they are replacing 145's with 24/7 G2C's......even if I don't want that gun I can sell it with a clear conscience.

One caviat, if you send in your pistol five years from now for any issue and it doesn't pass their "inspection", your pistol is gone. They will replace it, but you won't get your gun back.

I think we all understand if its toast, its toast.........
use it till the trigger falls off and they send me a new gun....:D
still better than turning it in and getting $200 now, yeah?
especially if like your pistol

how many other companies give a lifetime warranty

Carter v. Forjas Taurus, S.A., et al.

If you own one or more of the following "Class Pistols" : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the "PRO" series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.

• Settlement Payment Option – Settlement Class Members may elect to return their Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies and receive a payment of up to $200 per Class Pistol.
  • Enhanced Warranty – The Taurus Companies agree to modify their existing warranty for all Class Pistols to allow any owner to submit a warranty claim at any time.
    • The Class Pistol will be inspected by the Taurus Companies at no cost and repaired or replaced as necessary.
    • The Taurus Companies will pay all costs associated with this enhanced warranty, including but not limited to the cost of shipping to and from the Taurus Companies and the cost inspect the Class Pistol.
  • Safety Training – The Taurus Companies have produced special and particularized safety training addressing the operation and handling of class pistols.
    United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Case No. 1:13-cv-24583-PAS

This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by Heffler Claims, the Claims Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.

For more information please call 1-844-528-0180

http://www.tcmag.com/magazine/deadly_defect_in_taurus_handguns_has_killed_13_police_officers

Crap! I have the G2 and WISH I could be part of this! The gun has sat in its case since March 2015 unusable with no hope in sight.

Dang! I could have made some money!

Oh wait......I "made" money by not buying a Taurus!:cool:
Ya know sarge,people always give crap about posting stuff like that,but if they would have just listened to us:rolleyes:
Just sayin

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads