JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
According to 1120 AM Radio, just now, Oak Grove Guns is doing their First class!

They have brought in a Veteran Reloader, thirty years experiance, to teach the basics, PRIOR to the gun shop developing a reloading sales line.

I am Not affliiated with Oak Grove Guns, other than loyal customer.

Call the shop, ask for Dave, the owner, Time & Date 6 PM July 2nd.

Hope that helps a newby, or re-traing of a self taught, like me!

Philip
In the Boondocks on HWY 36, but willing to go into Eugene, for a "Good Cause" ...

Wonder how they deal with the liability issue? If someone blows themself up, they could come back and claim the gun store was responsible. Even if they didn't really have a case, some low life lawyer would give it a try. At the very least they could be setting themself up for the cost of defending themselves from frivolous lawsuits.

I started reloading in the early 1970s and back then you would buy a couple of reloading manuals study up and figure it out . There were no blown up guns except by the people who shouldn't have been reloading in the first place. Seems today people can't think their way through a process.

Wonder how they deal with the liability issue? If someone blows themself up, they could come back and claim the gun store was responsible. Even if they didn't really have a case, some low life lawyer would give it a try. At the very least they could be setting themself up for the cost of defending themselves from frivolous lawsuits.

Ever hear of a "Waiver"? Go to a public range and you sign one every time you pay to shoot (unless you're a member and have signed one with your member app.) I would expect that there will be one for anyone taking the class.

A lawsuit like this would be easy to defend as everyone KNOWS that hand loading/reloading is inherently dangerous and caution needs to be taken. Just like with guns.

My bigger concern would be the credentials of the instructor. 30 years of experience? With what training as an instructor? Any Certification? By what "sanctioning body"?

Classes like this are great for those who are interested in starting the hobby but hopefully the curriculum is well planned to emphasize safety rather than "testing the limits".

With above logic, why does the DUI Driver NOT say the Quick Stop store is responsable for him drinking? We "All" know, that the Primary item sold there is booze, Oh WAIT, I once smoke a ciggerette from a quick stop, I think ~that~ is why I have Cancer!

(Not). I don't smoke anymore, its been Over 35 years, but No One Made me Do It... Oh Wait, it was ALL Those 4 Packs in the C-Rats I smoked on guard mount in VietNam, that gave me the urge to smoke, I never was ir-responsable, Before Then.

Gasp, you remember smoking those 45 Year Old Lucky Strikes? Cancer Nail, For Sure...

Hey, I can NOT COUNT, it must be the Poor Education I got in the Forth GRAD... I can't eben Spel Wright... Which teacher waz dat?

Have a Happy Independence Day, but be responsable for your own actions!

philip
sitting in the lounge chair, smelling breakfast cooking, sipping on the coffee.......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top