Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Attero Arms AK Micro Optics Mount

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ikari2_2000, Oct 21, 2011.

1. ikari2_2000

ikari2_2000 Seattle, WA Member

Planning to go with the Alpha mount so I could attach a red dot sight on my AK.

Any thoughts, opinion, comments, or recommendation of another brand?

http://atteroarms.com/products.html

Red Dot options that will work:
    Trijicon RMR
    Leupold Deltapoint
    Burris Fastfire/Fastfire II

Would 've gone with the Larue AK IronDot, but they are not producing or selling.

2. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have no personal experience with this but it looks really nice, doesn't hurt that they show it mounted on some really slick looking SBR's. If you try it out be sure and post your thoughts on it.

3. das_napeth

das_napeth Snohomish, WA Member

Looks slightly like the Midwest Industries offering.

4. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I went with the midwest industries mount and primary arms md-06. So far I'm happy with the setup. I haven't tried that Attero setup so I can't comment on it. They look very similar. With the md-06 and PI mount you are at $160 so the price is about the same. One concern I'd have with that mount is if you can remove the dust cover without messing with the mount and losing zero, that mount looks pretty close to the dust cover. The MI/PA setup allows you to remove the dust cover and still gives a lower 1/3rd cowitness.

5. AtteroArms

AtteroArms Oregon New Member

You can remove and replace the dust cover quite easily with the mount installed. We haven't had a single customer with issues in removal or replacement.

-Attero Arms