JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I generally carry a Glock 19 on my strong side hip in a Galco leather holster. I have only recently begun carrying a spare magazine, also in a Galco mag carrier. If I'm taking my dog to the dog park I carry a SigPro 2022 in a Galco fanny pack (try finding a holster for a SigPro) because I can also carry dog treats easily.

I have a shoulder holster for my Glock ( yeah, you guessed it, Galco) but never wear it. In addition I always carry my Cold Steel Recon 1 folder.

Yeah I'm finally getting around to it. I started the thread so I should post what I carry: FN Hi-power loaded with a 15 round Mec-Gar in a simple Galco IWB, a Davis .22 magnum derringer in an Uncle Mikes ankle holster (yeah, I know. Kinda dorky, but for a BUG its perfect. I hardly even notice its there. Would LOVE to have a Beretta Tomcat or something...) another spare 15 rounder and a Surefire in a home made (by me, which is why it looks so sloppy. Holds everything nice and tight though) leather OWB pouch. Benchmade infidel, cell phone, leather bound notepad with sharpie, pen and Streamlight Stylus pen light (an absolute lifesaver. $14 at Wholesale sports) and most dangerous of all...my coffin nails...:cigar:

carry load.jpg

Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special Comanche with Crimson Trace grips in an El Paso IWB. Usually have one spare mag in my pocket.

1911 Government of various manufactures in a IWB Milt Sparks VMII. I always carry a SureFire E2D LED and part of the time I carry one spare mag...when I carry a knife its just a Gerber shortcut...

Something to consider:
Think beyond your ability to respond to the situation where you need to use your gun. You have to be able to defend that use after the fact. Having some options/versatility in your response is good preparation and good defense. If you're only carrying a gun your choices are limited to your feet, your fists, and your gun. You can easily add OC spray, a small billy, a taser, etc. to the choices of carry that you exercise.
Kudos to Dnaltrop for illustrating this concept above.

Khar pm9 in a c-tac monator holster with 2 extra mags, Speer gold dot hpin gunand one of the backups and the other one having fmj in it for penetration if needed. mase for a non leathal option except on windy days, then I opt for a batton. a folding benchmade knife. small leatherman. a whistle. small flashlight (pen light) made by streemlight, and a small first aid kit with quick clot.

Ok I have upgraded a bit since my last post on here. I now have a G23, two 13 round mags, my CRKT M-16, and a 4sevens flashlight.
I carry the Glock in a Serpa level 2 paddle holster, the two mags are in an I-Tac paddle mag holder, I carry Winchester T ammo, the CRKT is on my right pocket and the flashlight in the left pocket.

I carry a Keltec PF9 IWB at 4:30 in a crossbreed style holster that I made myself. I wear this when I have my shirt tucked for work or nicer dress gatherings. For more casual dress under an untucked shirt, I can put the PF9 in the change pocket of my jeans for below the waistband appendix carry. This conceals great under a untucked shirt and is extremely comfortable.

My knife and light loadout changes frequently, but usually I will have a leatherman and a small folder with me, as well as at least one flashlight.

For camping or woods carry I have an old Taurus M66 in 357 that I carry unconcealed OWB.

What's currently working for me is a black J-frame with Buffalo Bore FBI loads in a black Don Hume JIT slide OWB holster. Unfortunately, I am overweight and IWB carry is not working for me. The loaded Scandium allow J-frame weights a mere 16oz, making OWB easy with virtually any belt and w/o over-tightening. I carry a five rounds Safariland speed loader. No BUG, for now, although I am considering a LCP. Complement it with a folding knife and pepper spray.

Currently I carry a Kimber Stainless pro Raptor. My usual holster is a N82 Tactical holster (the most comfortable holster I have ever owned) but I do not have one for my new 1911 so I use a Galco Summer Comfort holster. I do carry a small pocket knife but I do not carry a BUG. Needing one gun as a civilian is so remote I can barely justify the effort. Carrying two would boarder on paranoia for me.

Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor
SPR.jpg

N82 tactical Holster

Galco Summer Comfort
Belt2.jpg

Have a license. Don't carry a gun. Never felt the need.

I live in an inner city area some others consider "rough" and random gunshots are not uncommon, especially at night. I'm comfortable just using my mouth, brain and physical attributes, as weak as they are these days :) when it's needed. A knife gets carried on occasion, 90% or more for sure I'll have it on the weekends when I'm out in the middle of no where climbing in case I want to cut webbing, etc etc. Been stalked by a cougar, (snow tracks, mentally felt it but never saw it) and they are out in the areas I often go so it gives some comfort for that situation as well.

P238 in Desantis Mini Scabbard or Sig leather pocket holster, occasionally a Walther TPH
in a Desantis pocket holster or a PPK in a Bianchi paddle holster.

I sport a Glock-30 about 90% of the time, but sometimes I wield an 3" SP-101 in .357. I usually wear a Galco elastic belly-band type holster (sometimes IWB, sometimes OWB in place of my belt when wearing "sweatshirts"), but there are times I pocket carry, times I use a shoulder-rig, times I use a Blackhawk SERPA, and times just tucked inside my belt w/o a holster @ the small of my back. I usually carry some sort of folding "cutter" also.

I used to be rather "paranoid" about keeping my kit concealed... now I don't give two rubs if I "print", or am "made".

What is your threat level?
Knives, usless unless your are trained in the use of knives.
Pepper spray, 22 shoots futher, if you spray it in the wrong direction you are now disabled.
I carry 4 different calibers. Two in hip belt holster or pocket. 40 S&W full size, 9 mm compact. Two in shoulder holster. .357 Mag wheel gun, 6 inch barrel, 44 Mag wheel gun, 6 inch barrel. Only one at a time. Precieved threat level and time of year determine which I carry.
I am large so the 44 and 357 disappear under my jacket. Regular target practice keeps my groups a 4 inch at 25 yds.
What ever you choose you have to be able to shot accuratly. 4 in at 15 yds. Practice and clean, practice and clean, repeat, repeat.
When you need to use your side arm you need to place your shot and do it fast. There may be no second chance and you don't want to shoot any bystanders.

I sport a Glock-30 about 90% of the time, but sometimes I wield an 3" SP-101 in .357. I usually wear a Galco elastic belly-band type holster (sometimes IWB, sometimes OWB in place of my belt when wearing "sweatshirts"), but there are times I pocket carry, times I use a shoulder-rig, times I use a Blackhawk SERPA, and times just tucked inside my belt w/o a holster @ the small of my back. I usually carry some sort of folding "cutter" also.

I used to be rather "paranoid" about keeping my kit concealed... now I don't give two rubs if I "print", or am "made".

if you find yourself in a nonpermissive environment, suddenly it's really important. having been caught with my proverbial pants down more times than i can count, i've learned to maintain a general policy of concealed-means-concealed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top