JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, we don't have "permits" in this state (the word has a negative connotation, as citizens should not require permission from our government) -- it's a license. Concealed Pistol License.

That said ... here sportin' a Kimber CDP Pro in a High Noon OWB ... normally, always a 1911 of some breed in an OWB at 4 o'clock, most commonly a horsehide Kramer Belt Scabbard. One knife (Spyderco), one flashlight (Surefire G2 or Streamlight NF-2), two spare mags (Wilson 47Ds) and a S&W 442 as a backup in a pocket or on the ankle.

Shootin'.JPG

Firearms/Holsters:

-Primary: Glock-17 Gen-4 in a Shield Holster (IWB at 3:30). One spare magazine in an Uncle Mike's single mag-holster on my left.

-Alternate Primary: Walther PPK (S&W 380, not the PPK/s garbage) in a Shield Holster (IWB at 3:30) or in an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster (Front-right pocket). One spare magazine in an Uncle Mike's single mag-holster on my left.

-Backup: NAA 22WMR Micro-revolver in my left boot. No reloads.

---

If I ever have a knife it's a boxcutter or sometimes an old Buck-knife when I know I'll be cutting rope or into deer. I have firearms for protection, no need to resort to medieval tactics here.

No Flashlight unless I'm at work. Never once felt I needed it when off-duty. Some people who might need their vision checked may need one, or those preparing for cave-combat?

Work days: Glock 27 (.40) in a <broken link removed> pocket holster. 1 or 2 spare mags either in other pocket or outer pocket of briefcase. (Thanks for the handkerchief idea, by the way.)

Trails/camping: Glock 20 (10mm) either in a <broken link removed> (holds 1 spare mag, another in pocket) or open carried in an Uncle Mike's kydex paddle holster with separate 2-mag pouch. The Safepacker is pretty obvious, but I don't mind that; it provides concealment so as not to alarm the oblivious. It's great for mountain biking. I also have a <broken link removed> on order. This will, like the Safepacker, allow use of my Streamlight TLR-2.

"Around": Any of the above depending on circumstances, or the G27 in a Galco IWB holster.

Sog Aegis Tanto folding knife when I think of it. Sog Jungle Primitive when I'm hiking or biking in more remote or sketchy areas (not concealed, obviously; slung from belt or backpack belt). (Having a good knife handy makes sense in cougar country, from what I've heard.)

Last Edited:
Glock 36 normally in a Don Hume OWB with a as my wife says a blousy shirt with an extra mag in my pocket, also liking my Glock 19 more and more. When i'm wearing shorts i have a LCP in a Galco OWB. And for winter carry a Glock 27 with in a Don Hume OWB holster and an extra mag in my pocket and always hanging off a 2" double layer leather belt.
Oh yea i also have a Kobalt lock blade knife in my pocket, not sure why, if the pistol don't work i'm bookin.:D

Depending on what I am doing and dress. HK45c in a Milt Sparks VMII or a Kahr pm9 in a FIST thin kydex pocket holster. For a knife, well I collect knives so the daily EDC changes often. Today, it was a Dobruski 3" folder.

Springfield 1911 compact 4" barrel in a bladetech iwb on the right hip.two extra mags, one in back pocket other in front right pocket. Tac light, SOG flash II, classic lol Swiss army folder an that's about it. Great thread jeremyk!!!

Glock 36 (6+1 of .45ACP) IWB in an MTAC, and a CRKT semi-serrated folder on the support side for weapon retention. This works for me 12 months a year.
Spare mags live in the car.

I was carrying a Glock 23, 13+1 in the gun, 2 spare 13rd mags, all loaded with Buffalo Bore SD ammo. Used a Blackhawk Check Six leather holster either in the small of my back or behind my right hip. Didn't care for the 23 that much so I just sold it and looking for a new carry gun, maybe a J-Frame. I had a Galco double mag pouch I used (leather). I also always gave my Spyderco Endura 4 (full serration and Cerakoted OD), and my Surefire (Z2 Combat Light body, Defender Bezel, LED "bulb", 6P Tailcap). I always wear Carhartts so my knife is in my right "carpenter" pocket and my Surefire in the left one. Sometimes I switch my knife to my right regular pocket and keep my cell phone in the carpenter pocket. Also, I use either my Galco Leather belt of my Blackhawk Instructors Gun Belt.

It's summer time so I've been carrying my S&W 642, in a Uncle Mikes Hidden Hammer belt holster, Magtech +P 125gr, Still using speed loaders, until I get more proficient with the speed strips.

In the winter I carry a Glock 23, but I'm changing up the holster in the next month or so.

I noticed that nobody is carrying any pepper spray, why not?
It seems to me that a none lethal option is one have as a 1st line of defense.
Yes, I agree that AOJ is important and I am thinking that, instead of carrying a spare mag, I would have a smaller canister of pepper spray on my belt along with a light and folding knife.
Any Yeahs or Nays?:s0092:

ps: I carry a IWB/OWB leather holster trimmed with dark brown sharkskin from Littlebearholsters

I noticed that nobody is carrying any pepper spray, why not?
It seems to me that a none lethal option is one have as a 1st line of defense.
Yes, I agree that AOJ is important and I am thinking that, instead of carrying a spare mag, I would have a smaller canister of pepper spray on my belt along with a light and folding knife.
Any Yeahs or Nays?:s0092:

ps: I carry a IWB/OWB leather holster trimmed with dark brown sharkskin from Littlebearholsters

Good point about the less-than-lethal options. I think it's good to have a range of tools to use, depending on the threat.

When not on an open carry detail with the full Bat-Belt, I switch between a S&W 638 in either a Galco concealable on the belt or a Safariland Nemesis in-pocket--- or a Glock G21sf in a Blackhawk Serpa--- or a Colt 1911 5" in a Jackass shoulder holster or in its Blackhawk Serpa.

Other concealed tools sometimes include a small can of FOX 5.3 on the belt and a Taser X-26 in a Serpa cross-draw, carried at about 10 o'clock. Rarely do I carry no gun at all.

Occasionally I will carry some handcuffs too, depending on where I'm going. Believe it or not, some security companies classify handcuffs as "weapons".

Almost always I have some kind of knife, either a Spyderco Caly III, a Microtech Ultratech II, a Microtech LCC, or Benchmade Presidio 5000. I don't really consider the knives as anything but a last-ditch resort, they are mostly utility tools.

I noticed a couple kel tec's in there so I won't be embarressed to say a p-11 9mm with twelve rnd mag (one more in the truck or car) which is one of the most reliable and accurate little auto's that I have ever shot, sitting in a IWB Barsony. That is for city and for wilderness an open carry 4" King cobra.357 mag when fishing or a Redhawk.6" 44 mag when in tougher territory or hunting and I always carry a knife, from a 2" folder in the first to a 9" fixed in the latter. The key is in the comfort, where am I going, what I am wearing and what am I possibly going up against? It works for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top