JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'd like to know what you carry, how you carry it, what kind of leather you use, do you carry a BUG, a flashlight, a folding knife, how many magazines, where why when and how, etc. I'm really curious and I'd like to know how concealed carry varies from person to person. Thanx.

Me likey these kinds of threads, sorry I don't have pictures.
I carry one Smith 19, round-butt snubbie in a Simply Rugged pancake, one speed strip, one Shrade 897UH.
When and where I can, I carry a Ruger Blackhawk in 45LC in a Mernickle Extremem High Rise, again with a speedstrip.

Pre-B CZ-75 in a leather IWB straps holster on an Ares Ranger web belt (very important to have a nice stiff belt for carrying larger guns). 19+1 in the gun and sometimes another 19rd mag in my pocket. I don't bring a giant knife around anymore, just a small 2-blade RR pocketknife. Sometimes I stick a Fenix P3D light on my belt too.

Depends on what I'm doing and what I am wearing.

In Summer when it is hot and I am going to be out and walking around town, I carry my Ruger SP101 3" in Milt Sparks PMK OWB holster and wear a one size too large untucked Hawaiian shirt to cover it.

When I can wear a jacket I either carry my Sig 229 in a Kirkpatrick Leather Texas Strong Side OWB open top holster or my DW CBOB in a Milt Sparks Axiom OWB open top holster.

Actually I like the Kirkpatrick Leather Texas Strong Side so much for my Sig I will probably get one for my CBOB as well.

My belt is a 1 1/2" width from Animal Jack Leather here in Oregon.

I also carry a ZT 0400 Tanto assisted opening knife in my back RH pocket.

Right hip Full size kimber 5" barrel 1911 in a galco royal guard or milt spark shark skin holster, fbi cant, 8 rnd mag, additional 10 rnd mag is horizontally strapped to my waist, left hip stryder mv surefire x400 in left pocket, haven't figured out a back up gun yet..

I carry a Springfield Armory Champion 4" 1911.

I have both Crossbreed and Comp-Tac. I'm not super impressed by either. I'm actually thinking of combining the best features of both of them to create one good holster.

I carry two spare mags.

I carry a Benchmade folder weak side in case there is an attempt at a gun grab.

I found this forum when looking for just this kind of information and ended up purchasing my carry gun here from coctailer.

I needed the smallest weapon I could shoot relatively accurately and of sufficient caliber to defend myself. I soon narrowed my search to 9 mm's. The Rohrbaugh was the right size but too expensive. The Kahr PM9 had good reviews and was only slightly larger--this is now the gun I carry and I would recommend to anyone comfortable carrying six rounds in the mag.

My carry needs vary from day to day so I have three holsters I use. I have a Bianchi fanny pack which works well and makes it easy to carry or leave in the car as needed. This is a convenient way to carry without the kids asking too many questions. I also have a Don Hume H715M IWB holster which is a great value and works well. When I want to carry in a large pocket, I use a Stellar Rigs molded plastic job that also holds a spare mag. I start the day with everything in the fanny pack and I switch back and forth as the occasion calls for it.

During as average day I usually cary a 1911 and a couple of spare mags. On occasion like working on my cars I switch to my Glock, no sharp edges and crawling around on the ground is not the way to treat my CBOB. My Glock on the other hand I cant seem to hurt it. My bug is a Taurus 415, a 41mag w/ 2.5" ported barell. Primary at 4:30 BUG at 8:30 to 6:00. cover is usually a light jacket or a slightly large shirt.

M&P .40 on the hip, sometimes cross-draw.

Just picked up a Ted blocker #12 IWB W/thumb break and it's sturdy as **** .

Holster rides on a Animal Jack double thickness belt. The belt gets my 3 year old and sometimes my 8 year old using it as a foothold for piggy back rides.

either a clip folder or my old buck knife in it's sheath.

on long trips add the 2 mag pouch, Leatherman (with bit-kit strips for the range).

Car has 2 metal LED lights in a pouch to grab at night, and we have 950kv stun pens for more aggressive dogs.

IMAG0397.jpg

Edit- Added image, and no, I don't carry ALL of that at once. Mix-and-match.

Oh yes, 90% of the time in a Hawaiian shirt as well, they're long, flowing, and you'll be so sucked into my nearly topless hula girls and jungle vegetation, you'll never notice me print.

Nethiker~

The only time I've seen someone using a fanny pack for CCW, they were engaged in a tug-of-war/fistfight with a mugger who had unclipped it from behind and tried to run. the fellow kept his fanny pack/gun because about 20 people started running at the mugger. (downtown Portland, mid 90's about 11 at night near the Square)

I know it's convenient, but it becomes as much a target as a purse strap. my unasked .02

@Dnaltrop,

I appreciate your .02

I have heard of this liability for the fanny pack and try not to use it in the city for that reason. I have not yet found a comfortable way of maintaining a CC for my lifestyle. I live in the country, so the fanny pack is less a target of thieves as it is more likely to contain fishing tackle than valuables. I also have young children (4 &6) who climb all over me constantly and would be the first to share with the world that Dad is carrying a gun. They know that I have a gun in the fanny pack and we have done the whole Eddy Eagle gun safety bit and amazingly it is no longer of interest--seems like out of sight, out of mind works for now.

The other difficulty I have is that I work in a courthouse where I cannot carry. I need an easy on/easy off solution so I don't reveal myself every time I come and go from work. I am a big guy and really need to get out of the vehicle to get into and out of my IWB. Winter will be less of an issue as big coats will conceal a pocket rig well.

If anyone has any ideas, I am open to suggestions. I have a need to carry discretely, including from the wife and kids.

Depending on the size of your pants... a Pocket/wallet holster and a handkerchief/good sleight of hand skills for the times you need to put it aside. My old man carries his Bersa and his CZ-82 that way.

My IWB has a one way snap, easy enough to shift it discreetly from front to back if the kids are trying to bounce off me. doesn't come off under normal forces from the gun on the belt. takes seconds to store it away or put back on entirely.

Hadn't thought of the handkerchief, good idea.

I am still new at this and may just need more practice. I like the Ted Blocker #12. Never heard of Ted but looks like he does nice work. I have bookmarked the page.

Thanks again.

I carry a full size 1911 in a IWB Comp-Tac Minotaur holster, and a spare magazine in a multi-tool pouch, all on a Wilderness Tactical instructor belt. I carry it just about any time I am wearing pants.

not only are fanny packs kinda gay, and not only are they a liability, but they also scream CCW to gun people.

---

as to what i carry,

View attachment 202256

g17 in an IWB at 4 o'clock loaded with 115gr GDs, two reloads, benchamde 9050AFO, and i've gone back to copenhagen since the photo was taken, although i still keep the Snus for non-permissive environments (don't have to spit). i only carry a g26 BUG if i'm going to buy/sell guns, or gonna be in a particularly bad place.. or if i have any other reason.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top