JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 316562 View attachment 316561
Thats what I thought. The trigger pins are longrt than std AR pins. They have a tendancy to shift in the poly reciever and one may never realize the have moved and the gun will double tap. The fix is the KNS anti rotating pin set which locks the pins in place. One must make sure to order the longer pins labled for 15/22 only.

Problem solved.

It would be a nice solution if Appleseed would reinstate them with this fix.

Yes, the 15-22 is currently suspended due to out of battery discharge (we had shrapnel send a shooter to the ER) and mag dumps from the pin slipping. 4 or 5 reports in a short period of time forced RWVA's hand. We are in active talks with Smith & Wesson to find a resolution. I will submit the pin upgrade to the powers that be and see if we can get a waiver with that upgrade.

We do have a loaner program for people who would like to take advantage of it. We don't charge to borrow guns from instructors.

The Patriots Day weekend in April that Ironbar is talking about is actually going to be at Douglas Ridge this year April 22/23. We might get one in Dundee also but the weekend before is Easter and we traditionally have a low turn out on holiday weekends.

Age limit is really up to you. I've had as young as 5 on the line. Somewhere around age 9 or 10 youth can apply the techniques that we teach. Under 9 and we are simply keeping them safe while they have fun sending rounds down range. As long as they can charge their own magazine, manipulate the bolt and have a safe attitude - all ages are welcome.

We ask shooters to be at the range by 8:30 for registration. We start our safety brief at 9. First rounds are normally about 9:45. We break for lunch at noon when we do the bulk of our history presentations. Final redcoat of the day is around 4:30. Sunday has a similar schedule but we do tend to wrap a little earlier 3:30-4 is typical.

I have some detailed write ups in the Supporting Vendors section on what to expect and how to prepare.

The full calendar can be seen at www.appleseedinfo.org and click on events on the right hand side. I have 2017 events in OR & WA already and will have more throughout the next month or two.

Please feel free to PM or call me 555000333 319 (9359)9999999 with specific questions.

Just talked with a local rep, and they said any veterans with "service connected" on their VA ID card take their classes for free. Outstanding on their part, and when it comes time to go I'll be looking to sponsor someone else who may not be able to afford it.
Just signed up for Dec event. I did my last year in the Corps as a PMI so, hopefully I'll do alright as my first event.

Last Edited:
Just talked with a local rep, and they said any veterans with "service connected" on their VA ID card take their classes for free. Outstanding on their part, and when it comes time to go I'll be looking to sponsor someone else who may not be able to afford it.

Heck of a good ideal. I am a disabled vet. So for the next one I go go I will do the same.
I want that patch. so by next spring i will be ready to try it.

Oh no! Not happy, just bought two 10 round magazines so I could use it.
If you're ok with optics, you can use my Tacsol X ring rifle for the course.

image.jpeg

I've been wanting to familiarize myself with the Garand for a while now, and CMP is sold out of most grades. This seems like a great way to do it for someone who doesn't own one.

My first match, I used a club Garand, they are a little worn, but they work just fine.

CMP is likely to be out for a while, and there is a chance they won't get any back in in the lower grades. That said, I see Garands listed in the classifieds from time to time for right about $1K, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. If you don't want to wait on the CMP, you can probably get one, you may just pay a little more to do it.

My first match, I used a club Garand, they are a little worn, but they work just fine.

CMP is likely to be out for a while, and there is a chance they won't get any back in in the lower grades. That said, I see Garands listed in the classifieds from time to time for right about $1K, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. If you don't want to wait on the CMP, you can probably get one, you may just pay a little more to do it.

I almost think I ought to pick one up now. I've never met anyone with a Garand who wasn't fanatically attached to it, so my guess is prices won't be coming down.

I almost think I ought to pick one up now. I've never met anyone with a Garand who wasn't fanatically attached to it, so my guess is prices won't be coming down.

Well, that's true. I bought one from a guy earlier this year, shot a service match with it, then he asked for it back, in the nicest way. We worked out a good deal to return it back to him and I decided to get an M1A instead. I think he was more connected to it than I was, and it didn't bother me to reverse the deal in this case. The M1 is one I'll probably pick up again sometime, but after shooting matches, I think shooting with a removable magazine will be a nice upgrade. In the end, I'd like to have both ;)

Thank you.....that is a very kind offer! Can a sling be attached to it? What kind of magnification?
I'll check with the person teaching the course because I believe I can also borrow from her.
Thanks again for the offer and I will let you know!
Any sling type you want can be made ready ahead of time. I also sew. The scope is a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 with the Accu-Range reticle. You can take it as a backup rifle if needed.

image.jpeg

Thank you for the kind words. You guys are too kind.

TacStar makes the best 10/22 stock IMO Ruger 11158 10/22 Muddy Girl Camo TacStar 10+1 22LR 18.5

Okay, maybe not in 'girl camo' but when you buy it factory it comes with 2 bonus mags.

Volquartzen target hammer to fix the trigger. A few minutes with a file for the bolt release. A little sand and polish on the bolt and receiver well - excellent choice for Liberty Training Rifle. (works great at rimfire challenge too :) )

I didn't take a bunch of pictures this weekend but here are some https://goo.gl/photos/dZwydhJt5o6i9Asu9

Next shoot in the metro area is Oct 29/30 in Ariel, WA or Dundee, OR (ladies only). Next shoot at DRRC is Dec 10/11.
Can you get by with a bolt action or lever action .22?

Yes sir. We are not equipment snobs. Whatever you bring to the line, we will help you shoot it better.

Now, that said - the AQT is really designed for semi-auto, magazine fed rifle with adjustable sighting system (scopes are fine, I don't recommend a red dot) and an adjustable sling (GI Web sling is preferred)

Bolt action ramps up the difficulty. Lever gun even more so since both of these force you to break position to cycle the action. I've handed out many rifleman patches to bolt guns. I've never handed a rifleman patch to a lever gun (but there's always that first ;)).

We do offer loaner equipment if you don't want to handicap yourself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top