JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i agree with the comment of
Well that must of been an existing crack that finally let go when the gun was fired.

I find it hard to believe this missed the importer.

The Russians only took aesthetic short cuts, they didn't sacrifice the safety of the weapon like the Japanese, they knew that a rifle made right was better than a rifle that would explode first shot. They put the attention to detail where it was needed. This rifle must of gotten damaged a long time ago.

Pretty interesting. This is the first mosin I've seen that's had a huge failure like this. 1932 Tula... too bad it got turned into a tomato stake.

Good that no one was hurt

I'm glad one guy shot down the silly ammo comments that you should not shoot X type of ammo in a Nagant. These things are very tough rifles and I have never had a problem with mine and they are the best firearms value going right now. I will take a hard second look at any of them before I shoot next time, though..

Nothing wrong with a hard look at any milsurp. But what would you look for? Would there be any signs other than a visible crack in the metal?

Short of having access to a magnafluxing device, visual is all you have. All my Nagants were carefully hand selected for muzzle/throat erosion, bore condition, matching numbers and overall mechanical condition and the ones I have shot have all been very accurate for a surplus bolt gun and perfect in function

Go watch "Enemy at the Gate"
If you have a limited number of rounds,the gun will become a club at some point. Maybe runned over?

All I know is I got mine for $99 and my $85 Enfield (years ago) shot very well.But I already decided that it will be covered for the first few rounds