JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He tried to steal an ak then switched to the ar. That's what he was caught with.
What I'm curious about is how did he get not one, but two rifles from behind the counter without anybody noticing that?

A thief in Florida has determined that it is much easier to conceal a S&W M&P 15 carbine under his clothes, than it is to conceal an AK-47.

Marlon Paul Alvarez entered Public Pawn and Gun Store in Davie, Florida, and first attempted to stuff an AK47 under his loose fitting clothes. However, he had trouble doing that, and finally gave up on trying to steal the AK-47.

He then asked a clerk to let him look at a S&W M&P 15. Once again, while the store staff was not looking, he managed to this time successfully stuff it under his clothes. The AR-15 proved much easier to conceal.

He then walked out the store, but the store owner noticed that he had a bulge in his pants, and that he was limping. He tackled the thief outside the store, and managed to get the rifle away from him. Police captured the thief a few blocks away.

If you look at the store surveillance video on this web page below, you will see that the thief clearly found the M4 to be easier to stuff inside his pants, compared the AK-47.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2024774/f...n-his-pants-during-attempted-gun-store-theft/

What do you think of the video at the above web page?

Here is Alvarez's booking mugshot:

wptv-marlon-paul-alvarez_1432768972689_18909346_ver1.0_640_480.png

And here is a photo of the AK-47 with wood stock and grip pod that he could not manage to stuff inside his pants and shirt:

7928033_G.jpg

Here is another video showing the survelliance footage, plus also courtroom footage of the judge outlining what Alvarez did:

Last Edited:
I call BS. Clerk says that if the guy had gotten away with the rifle and killed people with it, he would have been partially responsible. BS. Guy pulling trigger is guilty, not victims of theft. Stooopid.

I call BS. Clerk says that if the guy had gotten away with the rifle and killed people with it, he would have been partially responsible. BS. Guy pulling trigger is guilty, not victims of theft. Stooopid.

Well, but you have to admit that it would look pretty bad for the gun industry, if people were able to simply walk out of stores with a stolen AR-15 or AK-47.

Just imagine all the negative publicity the anti-gun movement would generate from such an incident. They would have a field day over it just being stolen, let alone later being used in any crime.

Remember that this guy had previously lived in New York, where a judge ordered him to stay away from firearms. The anti-gun press in New York alone would have had a field day with this story if he had successfully stolen the rifle and then committed any crime with it.

Last Edited:
Looked to me like an AR rather then a AK… Maybe I'm wrong

He first tried to stick the AK variant down his pants. But doing that proved difficult, so he took it out and put it back on the display. He then had a better time concealing the S&W M&P 15, and proceeded to attempt to steal it.

It is pretty amazing that he could do all of this with no one in the store noticing anything.

I believe he was trying to convey that he would be morally responsible or feel guilty that he did not do more to stop the theft.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top