Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Attempt at a blanket email to Oregon Legislators

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by OLDNEWBIE, Feb 28, 2013.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Am I missing any points?

To all Oregon State Legislators,

As a safe responsible gun owner I was shocked by HB3200, and even more shocked that those of you responsible for it admit it wasn’t well thought out. Instead of going to the source of the problem, a broken mental health system, a broken criminal justice system with criminals released early and an education system that isn’t what it should be, they chose to harass legal gun owners!
    It’s blatantly obvious that the Sandy Hook tragedy is being used by the anti 2nd Amendment extremists among you to get one step further towards disarming average American citizens.
    HB3200 doesn’t seem to be getting traction so out comes a flood of new bills requiring liability insurance or restricting gun use in self-defense as well as new carry restrictions.
    The insurance costs alone would limit the ability of those of a lower economic class to legally possess a weapon for self-defense. Some would say this is elitist or even racist.
    Those of you responsible for these hastily proposed bills are quickly losing credibility among liberal gun owners who may not have had a problem with expanded background checks or other less extreme ideas.
    At this time I’m asking all of you to stop this war on gun rights! That means at this time no new gun legislation period! No ban on any semi- autos, no magazine restrictions, no liability insurance, no weapon bans in schools etc., no new self-defense restrictions, no ammo restrictions, no gun registration of any kind period, and yes, not even expansion of background checks. You have lost my trust.
    Gun owners across Oregon have started to wake up and are getting politically organized. We are paying attention to who is sponsoring these Bills and who is opposing them. It doesn’t matter if you are in our district or far away. It doesn’t matter if you are a Democrat or Republican. We will do what it takes to shine the spotlight on you and assist in voting you out of office.

Respectfully ,

kumabear17, bnsaibum, joken and 3 others like this.
  2. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Great letter I would have signed it "Your Boss" We the People

pokerace and (deleted member) like this.
  3. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

I wonder how that would go over. Try that with Ginny Burdick

1 person likes this.
  4. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I'm pretty sure the USSC is going to call it "unconstitutional" for that reason. Putting a tax on the exercise of a Constitutional right (like a poll tax) has been routinely held to be illegal in the past. Don't think it's a tax? What did the USSC say about required insurance under Obamacare? They said it was a tax.

That said, I'm beginning to think that sending emails to more than one legislator at a time is useless. I have received no replies to any blanket emails. I think they may have their spam filters set up to reject any emails addressed to more than one person. Try sending individual emails instead.

5. tunus

tunus PDX, United States Active Member

I think many senators and representatives have blocked the OFF automailer system. I have been getting "Undeliverable" messages to most Democratic representatives and senators when I using OFF automailer. I received some great responses from these who still accept emails originating from OFF.

At this point, calling or sending an email from your private email address will be more effective in getting through the spam filters.

6. OLDNEWBIE

By blanket email I meant covering all the latest b.s. that they are shoveling out. I do plan on sending individualy to their respective email addresses. What I'm trying for here is a letter that is short enough that it has a slim chance of actually being read. I'm almost to the point of snail mailing the key sponsors but think it would be more fun if we were all able to get coordinated and mail on mass! That might get them to pay attention if enough real letters showed up all at once. I know alot of you are probably active on other forums and could get out the word. Just a thought.

7. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

There system might kick it out as spam... That happen to me when I sent out OFF"S letter, to all the Sen. and Rep.'s....

8. OLDNEWBIE

Just took a few minutes and sent emails directly to Dembrow, Greenlick and Bur dick, All their contact info is on the web.