JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone able recommend or compare to others in similar price range or less, the 6- 800 dollar ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Scope.

Being completely inexperienced and unfamiliar with such things, I was looking for some discussion on quality, value effectiveness, also geared toward user friendly for the inexperienced who will have little opportunity to become very professional with them.
In addition, reflections on the need or not for additional IR light source

Some little research so far seems to indicate positive regards for them.

Please abstain from rhetoric on the legalities of hunting, I am well aware of that aspect and prefer not to have the distraction.

Thank you
001a.jpg

Anyone able recommend or compare to others in similar price range or less, the 6- 800 dollar ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Scope.

Being completely inexperienced and unfamiliar with such things, I was looking for some discussion on quality, value effectiveness, also geared toward user friendly for the inexperienced who will have little opportunity to become very professional with them.
In addition, reflections on the need or not for additional IR light source

Some little research so far seems to indicate positive regards for them.

Please abstain from rhetoric on the legalities of hunting, I am well aware of that aspect and prefer not to have the distraction.

Thank you
View attachment 1247209
Whichever digital you choose . Get the model with lowest magnification base power , and largest FOV .

Last Edited:
Don't have any personal first hand experience but I'll share what I read before I got my thermal (that takes batteries)….the rechargeable units seem to have an issue going completely dead in the cold. Kinda how your cel phone battery goes dead in cold weather. And then they're just weight your lugging around. There are external battery packs and suppose you could wear one under your jacket and run a wire to your scope but I opted for something with replaceable batteries vs a rechargeable battery.

My son put one on a "rat" gun and it's kind of fun to fiddle with.

Setting to zero is very easy.
Very accurate.
If I recall it goes up to like 50+ digital zoom, and is very clear once you figure out the proper setting.
Taking video is sensational.

Don't have any personal first hand experience but I'll share what I read before I got my thermal (that takes batteries)….the rechargeable units seem to have an issue going completely dead in the cold. Kinda how your cel phone battery goes dead in cold weather. And then they're just weight your lugging around. There are external battery packs and suppose you could wear one under your jacket and run a wire to your scope but I opted for something with replaceable batteries vs a rechargeable battery.
I hear you about the rechargeable batteries, There are several things I have I wished I could just stick in an AA, or the like, in them albeit the price of those have skyrocketed as of late! My other beef is some of my rechargeable's complain dearly and give up if caused to sit around unused for extended periods of time

Yah, excellent point!

I went with a permanent non-replaceable battery type for thermal.

Because that's what was available in my budget range. However do have the supplemental battery option. Just lithium rechargeable packs off of the interwebs. Coil cable & in a buttstock magazine pouch.

Haven't had time on it, so nothing more to weigh in...

Sent you a PM.
The one I bought came with an IR torch but it drains the battery too fast. I purchased a second IR torch -- allows me to see out to 300 very clearly.
Reminds me to go charge mine....
Thanks for taking the time to allow me to examine your scope. I found it interesting and fruitful, plus enjoyed the conversation. Hope your barbeque skewers were a success.
Thor

Thanks for taking the time to allow me to examine your scope. I found it interesting and fruitful, plus enjoyed the conversation. Hope your barbeque skewers were a success.
Thor
I enjoyed chatting, and glad you got some boolits out of it.
Turns out the ATN was on already and the battery at >90%, but somehow locked up. It just needed to be powered down (hold power button for ~12 seconds) and then turned back on. Had me worried, though.

Over-cooked the meat. The veggies were awesome.

As a wrap up, I finally decided not to buy this one. All was a go but for one tiny issue that was stuck in my craw and just couldn't get past.
The rechargeable battery within is not replaceable. At least by the user. Albeit @ my age, and reports from others, it is likely to outlast me. But, from the many dozens of battery operated items I had over the years, there have been quite a few times I have such things go belly up. A few items, thanks to Batteries plus, who had gotten creative and "built" and installed, a replacement, yet one, they could not, as it was part of the back housing.
I guess I earned the persnickety moniker, but in my defense, five or maybe six hundred dollars is a lot to throw away because of an unreplaceable bum battery.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top