JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm building a 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun and am trying to get the best scope I can for the money. The Athlon line of scopes seems to be lauded for their value for the dollar ratio. I have a chance to get one for $700 with Ken Farrel steel rings included (cost $160 new for the set) lightly used shipped. Is this any sort of a good deal?
I was originally looking at the Athlon Helos but the reviews say that the upgrade in glass quality is significant to the Ares model. While it doesn't have locking turrets, it does include a true zero stop. I won't be shooting long range often but I may get into hunting a bit in the future. Is this a good investment or should I pass?

7C903F65-F876-4574-8069-AAFDD3A862FF.jpeg D9E58FB7-0D0B-4FF0-8D61-FEFE9F2953D0.jpeg I dont know if this will help but I do have their new Athlon Ares ETR 4.5 x 30x56 FFP. The quality of glass is top notch, the turret tracks acurately from Zero to X&Y and back to zero. I have had trijicon, vortex Viper PST II and Leupold scopes. I would put the new Athlon Ares ETR above all these. I would not hesitate to puchase it again. The scope is on my Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 28 Nosler via Nightforce rings.

View attachment 533945 View attachment 533946 I dont know if this will help but I do have their new Athlon Ares ETR 4.5 x 30x56 FFP. The quality of glass is top notch, the turret tracks acurately from Zero to X&Y and back to zero. I have had trijicon, vortex Viper PST II and Leupold scopes. I would put the new Athlon Ares ETR above all these. I would not hesitate to puchase it again. The scope is on my Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 28 Nosler via Nightforce rings.
Beautiful setup you have there!

Not that I am aware of. I watched whole lot of video reviews and just pulled the trigger. It was between this one vs Zeiss, the features on this one sold me. Also, this one has Mil/Mil set up. The only negative so far has been the weight but it's to be expected with all the features the scope has.

Are there any brick and mortar stores carrying these locally to look at?
I picked up a BTR slightly used for $700. It's pretty much everything positively described on the internet and in my opinion, a great value. The only thing I find that could be improved is the turret feel. They just aren't as clicky as I'd like. The guy who sold it to me took out the rings but I'm going to go back in and make sure any excess grease is removed. I can live with it for the quality of glass I got at the price. I also got the moa/moa with Christmas tree style reticle. It looks very usable. Haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet, hopefully soon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top