JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also to note in that ffl bulletin was to be careful when flashing your wallet. If you have a medical card in there and the FFL see it, they are directed that as grounds to deny your firearm purchase. If you use it or not.

I understand where it would come into play with transfers after using Marijuana but if you legally possessed the firearm before using Marijuana is there a Federal law that prohibits maintaining possession after using Marijuana?
"(3) who is an unlawful user of...", and according to the feds, pot is still an unlawful drug to use. Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act.

So, as soon as you toke, if you own a firearm, you're virtually a felon. So don't buy your guns until after you finished that roach. ;)

There's no getting around the feds thinking pot-users and guns don't mix until the law has changed.

But hey, there's always beer.
beerandguns.jpg

You know they just want the other letter right? Question is where would they put it?

ATFM, MATF

Give them another few decades and they might have as many letters as the QGBTAQRSTUV+ do.

I understand where it would come into play with transfers after using Marijuana but if you legally possessed the firearm before using Marijuana is there a Federal law that prohibits maintaining possession after using Marijuana?
Basically, yes - if the feds catch you in possession of both, they can and probably will charge for both.

But if I was a betting man I would bet they would offer a plea deal that didn't include either to keep it from going to court
I don't bet when it comes to my freedom.

I have zero recreational drugs. Anything I have that is "controlled" by prescription, I have a prescription for it. I have no reason to use anything like THC/etc. - I don't even drink alcohol, or coffee/tea or smoke anything - the closest I have is caffeine gum for emergencies where I need to stay awake while driving late at night (last time was 8 years ago). I wish I could take CBD, but I can't since it interacts with my heart/BP meds (specifically, the statins).

I support the right of every adult to possess or ingest whatever substance they want, but I don't take risks for stupid behavior (especially since I have addictive tendencies).

Didn't stop Hunter…..

Alcohol is way worse than weed. It's all about money.

You know they just want the other letter right? Question is where would they put it?

ATFM, MATF

Give them another few decades and they might have as many letters as the QGBTAQRSTUV+ do.
The full name is Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or BATFE. Add M on the end.

BATFEM

Bruce

The full name is Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or BATFE. Add M on the end.

BATFEM

Bruce
I always forget about that. They already have a lot of letters, might as well add another.

I've always wondered how that section hasn't been torn up - it's got more holes than a target after a range day. At what point does a person transition from "unlawful user" to "former unlawful user"? Is there a statute of limitations, or is it a perpetual thing - once an unlawful user, always an unlawful user?
One year without using.

"Such use is not limited to the use of drugs on a particular day, or within a matter
of days or weeks before, but rather that the unlawful use has occurred recently enough to indicate the individual is actively engaged in such conduct. An inference of current use or possession may be drawn from evidence of a recent use or possession of a controlled substance or a pattern of use or possession that reasonably covers the present time. The ATF has determined that the present time is represented by the time frame of within the past 12 months"

Bruce

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews