JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would doubt that persons advice and interpretation. For any everyday Joe it is illegal to assemble a firearm with the intent to sell. At the very least, your employees would be on the hook for doing so.. and you as well if they were doing it under your direction.

I would think.
It was when I had my FFL, I lost it about 8 years ago. I still managed to under price most of my competition, especially on AR-15's

& that ATF employee whose advice you would doubt used to come by once a year & check out all of my records, take them back to the ATF lair & likely copy them all

It was when I had my FFL, I lost it about 8 years ago. I still managed to under price most of my competition, especially on AR-15's

& that ATF employee whose advice you would doubt used to come by once a year & check out all of my records, take them back to the ATF lair & likely copy them all
I'm no member of the alphabet kindergarten and not a lawyer, but it was always my understanding that, unless you are licensed to mfg, it's illegal with the intent to sell. Regardless of whatever other type license you might have.

Sounds like you just had a rep that didn't care one ounce about is job and ignoring the facts because he didn't want to be bothered with the paperwork. šŸ¤£

I could be wrong. Maybe any FFL type comes with special privilages or allow an agent to choose which laws to enforce or not.

I'm no member of the alphabet kindergarten and not a lawyer, but it was always my understanding that, unless you are licensed to mfg, it's illegal with the intent to sell. Regardless of whatever other type license you might have.

Sounds like you just had a rep that didn't care one ounce about is job and ignoring the facts because he didn't want to be bothered with the paperwork. šŸ¤£

I could be wrong. Maybe any FFL type comes with special privilages or allow an agent to choose which laws to enforce or not.
Are you telling me I shoulda got in real trouble for selling guns to people from Cali, instead of just the rather stern warning I received?

Are you telling me I shoulda got in real trouble for selling guns to people from Cali, instead of just the rather stern warning I received?
I must have missed it where you said you got a rather stern warning and stopped. Everything I read said you were doing it per their instructions and with their approval/blessing... fully knowing what you were doing.

My bad?

Reading....
Employees on break....

Joe
I would doubt that persons advice and interpretation. For any everyday Joe it is illegal to assemble/mfg a firearm with the intent to sell. At the very least, your employees would be on the hook for doing so.. and you as well if they were doing it under your direction or with your assistance. Like providing the parts.

I would think.
Assemble OR mfg?

Joe

Who did she victimize?
Of course no one BUT, have you ever had an FFL? Anyone who has knows full well how the people who grant you that license act. If you make the choice to buy a license from the ATF you know the rules. They make them very clear. Again I have zero faith in media but, if this is really how it happened? Sounds like the people who sold her a license warned her she was not following the terms. She had one license and she wanted to do something that required another. Too lazy to look it up but I am sure money is involved here. Rather than pay she made the choice to ignore the warning and keep doing what she was doing to make money. This is no different that me doing something with the IRS after they tell me, "you can't do that", so I do it anyway. Then should I act shocked when they come after me? This does not "sound" like she had no clue what she was doing. Anyone who chooses to have an FFL should know to toe the line they give you. Don't want to do that? Want to poke them? Do not be surprised when they bite.
Many of us have NFA items. Last time I had a couple they made it real clear how it worked and I chose to buy the stamp for what I was doing. If I decided to go around the rules and laws and do stuff I knew full well was not legal would I harm anyone? No. Should I be surprised when the bear I poked bites me? No.

Of course no one BUT, have you ever had an FFL? Anyone who has knows full well how the people who grant you that license act. If you make the choice to buy a license from the ATF you know the rules. They make them very clear. Again I have zero faith in media but, if this is really how it happened? Sounds like the people who sold her a license warned her she was not following the terms. She had one license and she wanted to do something that required another. Too lazy to look it up but I am sure money is involved here. Rather than pay she made the choice to ignore the warning and keep doing what she was doing to make money. This is no different that me doing something with the IRS after they tell me, "you can't do that", so I do it anyway. Then should I act shocked when they come after me? This does not "sound" like she had no clue what she was doing. Anyone who chooses to have an FFL should know to toe the line they give you. Don't want to do that? Want to poke them? Do not be surprised when they bite.
Many of us have NFA items. Last time I had a couple they made it real clear how it worked and I chose to buy the stamp for what I was doing. If I decided to go around the rules and laws and do stuff I knew full well was not legal would I harm anyone? No. Should I be surprised when the bear I poked bites me? No.
When people scoff as Americans who have harmed no one but have been abused by the government for not following arbitrary rules that are not congruent with the liberty this nation was founded upon, it's sad.

Walter Williams gave a speech about liberty. Summarized, there is not a law that the government is not willing to kill you over to enforce. That wasn't the idea of liberty that the nation was founded on.

When people scoff as Americans who have harmed no one but have been abused by the government for not following arbitrary rules that are not congruent with the liberty this nation was founded upon, it's sad.

Walter Williams gave a speech about liberty. Summarized, there is not a law that the government is not willing to kill you over to enforce. That wasn't the idea of liberty that the nation was founded on.
Yes it is sad, I feel really sad for the young people coming along now. The way its going many of them will never know the freedoms I grew up with and will only read of them in books that are banned or they are told are all lies. Not to beat this horse to death again but the great covid hoax shocked me no end. That people laid down and took that with no push back?
In the mean time I have to live in the real world here. I like to shoot, so I follow the laws. does not mean I like all of them but, I choose not to poke the bear for no reason as there is nothing in it for me. I suspect if I stay on this side of the sod long I will see the day I have to give up my AR's. Sad but if it happens a LOT of gun owners can look in the mirror for why it happened, they voted for it. I will not give up, will go down swinging but I see no upside to doing stuff like this woman did. Suspect she is not happy with the choice she made at this point but now its too late. I have mentioned the guy I knew in late 70's early 80's who did this. He went "nuts" on this stuff and in his mind really believed he was going to win. That the ATF would one day just say to him "you know what, we are wrong, you beat us". I tried to tell him that was NEVER going to happen but he was like someone in a cult who could no longer be reasoned with. I backed away and let him screw up his entire life and go to prison over it. What did he accomplish by doing this? Nothing.

I must have missed it where you said you got a rather stern warning and stopped. Everything I read said you were doing it per their instructions and with their approval/blessing... fully knowing what you were doing.

My bad?
The stern warning wasn't for building AR's, it was for selling some guns to a couple of cali residents

I never got a warning from the atf for the AR-15 assembly-- in fact the atf told me it was perfectly fine, just as long as I didn't assemble the upper & lower myself but had my employee do it while he was on break. That way I wasn't paying him to break the law by assembling the AR's

I sold quite a few cause my price was $50 to 100 less than the dealers who had bought their AR's assembled. Who knew gun companies charged $50-100 just to put an AR-15 upper & lower together?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads