JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definately a case of playing stupid games for stupid prizes. She get's off with a warning to stop and does it anyway.... she wins!

Kind of interesting that the article didn't mention any jail time or massive fines. If forfeiture and not reapplying for an FFL were the only consequences I would say she got off with barely a slap on the wrist.

The story says she pled guilty and faces up to five years in federal prison.
They way I read that was she "could" be facing 5 years and 1 year. repectively, for those charges (stating the maximum statutory sentences), but in describing the plea deal, it didn't mention what she actually got, if any. Only the forfeiture and conditions. Assuming the plea deal possibly stipulating no jail time(?)

Can't assume one article as completely accurate or factual, though.

Definately a case of playing stupid games for stupid prizes. She get's off with a warning to stop and does it anyway.... she wins!

Kind of interesting that the article didn't mention any jail time or massive fines. If forfeiture and not reapplying for an FFL were the only consequences I would say she got off with barely a slap on the wrist.
She was made to forfeit 520 guns & receivers, might have been her entire inventory-- Seems like a pretty steep 'fine' to me...

They way I read that was she "could" be facing 5 years and 1 year. repectively, for those charges (stating the maximum statutory sentences), but in describing the plea deal, it didn't mention what she actually got, if any. Only the forfeiture and conditions. Assuming the plea deal possibly stipulating no jail time(?)

Can't assume one article as completely accurate or factual, though.
NOTHING I read any more I trust. Its gotten to the point I just have to assume they have some slant if not flat out lies, if it has anything to do with "guns".

Sounds like she had an FFL for sales, but not manufacturing.

If she was really doing what the story claims? She got off easy.
I had an FFL for sales & I used to keep prices down by buying uppers & lowers & allowing my employees to assemble them per ATF instruction on their breaks. I saved $50-100 per AR doing it that way

Mistake she made was doing the assembly herself, BFD

I made bunches of mistakes while working as an ffl--ATF always said 'first one is free, but make the same mistake twice & that's willful misconduct'

I made lots of new mistakes & never the same one twice

I had an FFL for sales & I used to keep prices down by buying uppers & lowers & allowing my employees to assemble them per ATF instruction on their breaks. I saved $50-100 per AR doing it that way

I made bunches of mistakes while working as an ffl--ATF always said 'first one is free, but make the same mistake twice & that's willful misconduct'

The inspectors told Ye that she was not allowed to sell the guns she built because she didn't have a federal firearms manufacturing license.

So this is what you were doing too? :confused:
You were building guns without a license to do so?

The mistake she made was not having an 07 FFL. The second mistake was poking the bear publicly at a gun show after she already knew the bear was standing over her shoulder.

The inspectors told Ye that she was not allowed to sell the guns she built because she didn't have a federal firearms manufacturing license.

So this is what you were doing too? :confused:
You were building guns without a license to do so?
My rep at the ATF told me that as long as I didn't assemble the upper & lower & didn't pay anybody else to put them together, it was fine.

As I said, I allowed my employee to put the uppers & lowers together while he was on a break, so sue me

Who did she victimize?
I guess it was these guys

My rep at the ATF told me that as long as I didn't assemble the upper & lower & didn't pay anybody else to put them together, it was fine.

As I said, I allowed my employee to put the uppers & lowers together while he was on a break, so sue me
I would doubt that persons advice and interpretation. For any everyday Joe it is illegal to assemble/mfg a firearm with the intent to sell. At the very least, your employees would be on the hook for doing so.. and you as well if they were doing it under your direction or with your assistance. Like providing the parts.

I would think.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads