JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Obviously to build a case you need to be able to trace up the ladder. However, the ladder ends in Mexico where the ATF has no enforcement and they allowed 2,500 (in this case, who knows how many in others) ...to "walk".

They let ONE person buy 575!

Disgusting! This is a prime example of HORRIBLE law enforcement that will fuel the "ban" assault weapon attacks.
WATCH THE VIDEO

Oregon Firearms Federation
FINALLY GETS IT.
CBS News has produced a segment on the outrageous and deadly actions of the BATFE who have been expediting the transfer of thousands of firearms to Mexican drug cartels.

Those weapons are now being used against US Agents on the border.

While we welcome any attention from the establishment media, we think it's essential that gun owners know who did the work that led to this story finally seeing the light of day.

It's been a long time coming, but the tireless and courageous efforts of Mike Vanderboegh of Sipsey Street Irregulars and our friend David Codrea of Gun Rights Examiner are behind this story finally getting some mainstream airtime.

Needless to say, the ATF will use whatever means and methods available to them to cover up the truth and intimidate the whistle blowers. But thanks to David and Mike, the truth is out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the tactic of letting guns 'walk' seems ridiculous to me ... surely they have something positive to show for it. But, seems their silence is more telling instead. It seems so obvious that you be proactive and bust the guy buying 500+ AK's and AR's (and Barrett's apparently) and then use him to get to others. When lives are at stake, choosing a reactive strategy is absurd.

Letting a CI walk and a gun walk are two different things entirely. Regardless of any desired intent behind releasing hundreds of functioning (I wouldn't have let actually functioning rifles out of my hands, personally) across a boarder- ATF doesn't even have jurisdiction in to do anything about it anyways! Lets just say that they realize that they're being used for illegal purposes, then what? Just call the Mexicans and say "we just let 500+ guns go down your way, deal ith it"?

this justs jerks my chain... Sounds to me like the ATF is helping to fuel our "war on drugs"...... Sad it took a Fed agent's death to pull these guys in and arest them. My heart goes out to the family involved.

Did you miss this thread, posted about 1½ weeks ago on the same subject?

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/50102-atf-trouble-over-project-gunrunner.html

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

You have a new A.G, Holder who had to approve this shameful thing. You can bet this was aimed at fostering gun control here in the states. Seems to have back fired. Someone should get the shaft for this,but it will probably be the wrong guy, while Obamas henchmen cover thier tails. Spad

575 guns bought by same individual? on same day? I wouldn't want to put limits on how many firearms you can buy or have in your house but COME ON! Someone comes with a bag of money and says they want 500 AKs for "personal use?" I understand that gun shops want to make money but shouldn't they use their own discretion when things like this come up. There is no law against refusing to sell a firearm to someone. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

they were bought over a year period by 9 or 10 individuals.But your completely right the shop should be able to use their judge ment when they are buying so many weapons. On the other hand though.... who are they to judge? (the shop) they passed a ATF check. It would be a matter of racial profiling if they refused service. In retrospect a much better issue to deal with then a Federal Agents death but who were they to know. In the end I dont belive the shop is to blame at all. (which isnt implied I know). The whole issue is a horrable for everyone. the Agent and his family, mexico and its cartel war, and us the legal gun owners. seems to me that "they" are playing games with our rights especialy with all the negative media guns are getting right now.

MY PERSONAL GUESS is that the people in positions that kept telling agents to let the guns walk have an agenda to push further gun control. That's the only logical explanation. They know these guns were going into Mexico, again ...where they have NO JURISDICTION. So their was no real point in letting them walk to catch the "big fish". This only leaves the reason for gaining momentum for a personal/professional agenda. What agenda would a high ATF official have with a far left government? Gun Control.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top