JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The local gun shop guy was telling me that a reliable source told him that the ATF was send folks home with more than a few guns on their tables and no FFL
So I'm putting this out here for y'all with better googleFu than me. or if you know someone from Utah on a board like this
Apparently this was a recent show

Not finding anything on a quick search.

As to "Get a FFL if you want to sell guns to strangers."

Why should I get a license to sell something that is mine to someone?
As long as the guns are mine and not a business's guns or I'm in the profession of selling guns why should I need a license?

I am not trying to be rude or start a argument , just asking why do you think that some one who wants to sell guns should get a FFL ...
Andy

So what. Get an FFL if you want to sell guns to strangers.

You really cant for gun shows. The whitehouse put out a statement saying "get and FFL if you want to sell at gun shows" and the application for the FFL at the ATF says "dont bother applying if you just want to sell at gun shows." You still have to have a brick and mortar store front to get an FFL and you have to have a "licensed premises" in the state to sell at a gun show in the state

Its a common way to make something illegal without making it illegal. Like some states requiring concealed handgun permits to carry and then never issuing them.

16 posts? Kinda like the folks we were talking about last week,just here to stir the pot?
I don't know what forums the guys in Utah would be on. Maybe some hunting forums
The same LGS owner has had guys asking about if the were to sell more than 2 guns a year,are they supposed to get a FFL,like the pres has been talking.
Of course he doesn't have an answer for them
We don't have those laws about transfers over her and I'm guessing it will be a long while before we do.

16 posts? Kinda like the folks we were talking about last week,just here to stir the pot?

No, I don't believe so. The way it stands currently, if your going to sell at a gun show, you'd be wise to have an FFL so you don't end up in jail/fined/whole lotta mess. You can argue, calling pot stirring, call TROLL, but the fact remains.

How many posts shouldn't have anything to do with it.

How many posts shouldn't have anything to do with it.
Folks in Joe Link's thread were saying there was some people talking shyte with only a few posts then they disappeared.Thought maybe he was a pot mixers.But whatever They way he said it would get him in some up close and personal convos at gun show if he said it to someone's face
Just sayin'
The idea is we shouldn't need to be a FFl to sell guns at shows
ANYWAY,I just went thru 5-6 Utah forums and found nothing at all about this
So it was manufactured somewhere between here and Utah

BTW,I have often taken 5-6 guns to a show to "enhance my collection". I don't usually sell guns but to buy some other guns.
That's within the law,why would I get a FFL for that? And they have said you can't get one now to sell just at shows any more

Ever sold a car to a stranger? Buying into the Bloomberg garbage is ignoring the truth that firearms are inanimate objects that are no more dangerous than a car or a barrel of gasoline and no amount of licensing or laws will stop a free person with I'll intent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not finding anything on a quick search.

As to "Get a FFL if you want to sell guns to strangers."

Why should I get a license to sell something that is mine to someone?
As long as the guns are mine and not a business's guns or I'm in the profession of selling guns why should I need a license?

I am not trying to be rude or start a argument , just asking why do you think that some one who wants to sell guns should get a FFL ...
Andy
exactly why sb941 and washingtons version of it are so asinine. who is to tell me how to sell my property??why must i have permission to sell MY personal belongings?? ridiculous

Doesn't really make sense. More than "a few"is subjective and the ATF isn't really known for warning giving kinda people.
Actually it does make sense. It is probably related to the EOs last month. The limit is undefined so if they warn they can scare people off but if they cite or arrest then it goes to court where they risk a precedent setting loss.

Nothing like having all the details.

The guys in Utah (if there were guys in Utah) could have had 25 guns on the table. In which case they would sure have looked like they were dealers without a license. Without facts all this is rumor and guess work. So the thread should end up about 40 pages.

Listen to you. A guy that lost his private sale rights with I-594. "So what". Your attitude confirms that gun owners "DID" vote for I-594. A newbie! As you stay with this web site. You will mature just like everybody else here.

Nothing like having all the details.
Yes it was a friend of a friend but I figured I would see if someone had googleFu and could find anything
And I couldn't find anthing on about 5 forums,so it is still "rumor"
We can lock the thread any time Mark W says it should be locked :rolleyes:

Why...To make you feel better? I am an intelligent person with pretty darn good spider senses and I guarantee I would never sell anything to anyone who gives me pause.

But then again, there are dirtbags out there who don't care and may sell to whomever just to make a buck. So, I guess in the world of GURUS, we must punish every living soul for the bad decisions of the few.

"No, I don't believe so. The way it stands currently, if your going to sell at a gun show, you'd be wise to have an FFL"

The two sides of this argument are probably not in actual disagreement. One side is talking about the way things SHOULD BE (we shouldn't need permission to sell any number of guns). The other side is talking about the way things ARE (having an FFL sure helps).

From what I understand, the new requirements are a Catch 22 kind of thing. If you want to sell at a gunshow, you now need an FFL01. However, the FFL01 requirements don't allow for licensees who only want to sell at gunshows. So we're all screwed, until Congress steps in and forces the issue back to what the law clearly states, that private sales are unregulated in this country, it's not a loophole, it's an exemption, we put that in the law for for a reason.

I think we need to get used to it this year, write our Congressman once a month all year, and wait for a new administration. This one is going to stonewall on the issue, and the BATFE is just doing what the boss told them to do. Until another authority like Congress or the Supreme Court says otherwise, that's the way it will be for a while.

Anyone still think elections don't have consequences?

Get out and vote this November.

when you say "So what. Get an FFL if you want to sell guns to strangers." it could be taken as a bit inflammatory because getting an FFL is no simple process. As I stated, you need to have a gun shop to get one. If you feel that no one should sell a gun except a gun shop thats fine. Just state your reasons why it should be illegal for me to sell a gun to my best friend.

If you did not realize the difficulty in getting an FFL, then things might have come down on you a little harsh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top