JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
4ad3f420010d013930f1005056a9545d.gif

Why don't we make select-fire and suppressors non-NFA too? Indeed, get rid of the whole NFA while we are at it?

Because that is a pipe dream. :rolleyes:

As much as I am fond of saying that civilians should be able to possess the same armament as easily the government does, with the same lack of restrictions, I labor under no delusions that this would ever happen at this point. When it should have happened was at the point where the Second Amendment was written and voted on - then is when it should have been made clear that this was to be the way of things, and ever since.

We have gone way too far down the road towards eliminating the natural right that the Second Amendment alluded to. And we are going to keep going down that road. The best we can do is slow down the speed.

Call it defeatist if you wish. I assert it is realistic. I've been watching this happen for almost 50 years. I wish it wasn't happening, and I wish people would wake up, but that isn't human nature and it isn't the nature of government, which is why the Bill of Rights is there in the first place; the founding fathers saw this tendency hundreds of years ago, they just over-estimated how effective the BOR would be, and under-estimated how corrupt both government and popular mindset would become.
Perhaps realistic has what has had us taking two steps back over all of these years. Ya know, give an inch and they'll take a mile. They're going for the whole enchilada soon enough.

The premise was that the gun doesn't make the criminal. I know what you mean and I share the sentiment... but they have also shown their hand. I don't see why we should give ground if they won't. The fact is there have been several squandered opportunities to take back ground. Why are suppressors still listed on the NFA? Do people still really believe they make a silent killer? That they're as quiet as in movies?

20 years from now there won't be much for legally owned firearms if any at all. You've got to have more people interested in gun rights than against them and we're, unfortunately, working away from that.

Not saying give them an inch, but don't get distracted with battles we can't win (i.e., don't bite off more than we can chew, and eliminating the NFA, much less the ATF, is a bridge too far) - which depends on who is in office at a given time.

There was a point where we had a chance at winning the HPA, but instead Trump and the GOP spent all their political capital, time and effort on repealing the ACA and lost (Trump could have written an exec order in five minutes to eliminate the individual mandate and basically killed the ACA - which he did much later).

But now, not only do we not have the HPA, we have a threat of our firearms being added to the NFA registry - which is very dangerous IMO. At the very least, we will see a ban on imports (can be done with exec order). About the only good thing that came out of the Trump admin with regards to gun rights was the appointment of federal judges - which has yet to be proven to be beneficial to us - IMO.

Not saying give them an inch, but don't get distracted with battles we can't win (i.e., don't bite off more than we can chew, and eliminating the NFA, much less the ATF, is a bridge too far) - which depends on who is in office at a given time.

There was a point where we had a chance at winning the HPA, but instead Trump and the GOP spent all their political capital, time and effort on repealing the ACA and lost (Trump could have written an exec order in five minutes to eliminate the individual mandate and basically killed the ACA - which he did much later).

But now, not only do we not have the HPA, we have a threat of our firearms being added to the NFA registry - which is very dangerous IMO. At the very least, we will see a ban on imports (can be done with exec order). About the only good thing that came out of the Trump admin with regards to gun rights was the appointment of federal judges - which has yet to be proven to be beneficial to us - IMO.
I agree 100%. I don't think the NRA or even GOA and FPC will be able to turn those tides once they've gained momentum.

The SCOTUS appointments have already proved beneficial in things not 2A related. The 5-4 vote against limitation of religious gathering by Cuomo in NY was tipped in favor of the Constitution because of ACB. Gives me SOME hope, although not a ton of it.

People keep incrementally giving up their rights and freedoms for "safety" and "security". Just remember that prisons are safe and secure...
Why do we keep giving over our power and authority to those who use it to oppress or eventually imprison us? My guess is that laziness, complacency, and the dumbing down of society play a significant part in it.

Reviewed the video and other information I could find. Very misleading title, and is why I absolutely detest journalists of all political spectrums. No braces has been made illegal per se, but rather the ATF has said that the braces they have yet to review are not approved as pistol braces.

People who make these titles are just as guilty as leftists who mislead people with titles.

A dozen other gun channels jumped on the click-bait hyperbole bandwagon, too (and not just about this issue). Some supposed experts. Many sticking their foot their mouth. As I said previously, the attacks on 2A rights are bad enough that there is no need to embellish with misleading headlines, and it doesn't help the cause by stooping to the MSM's levels of journalistic malpractice. It's like swimming in a sewer and not expecting to get covered in excrement.

You've got to have more people interested in gun rights than against them and we're, unfortunately, working away from that.
The several million folks who decided they were not comfortable depending on the police for their sole means of protection might be a small step in the right direction. Leftists and their riots and unintended consequences etc.

ATF approved the Gearhead Works Tailhook Mods 1&2. They provide approval letter on website. Good deal for me, for now. Good luck fellas and remember... John has a long mustache.
I might own one of those also. It really seems like the ATF is picking on SB tactical. They went after the Honey Badger pistol which I believe started this mess. I'm not sure how much blame to lay at their feet because I always see ATF as a belligerent agency. Might have been Waco.

I might own one of those also. It really seems like the ATF is picking on SB tactical. They went after the Honey Badger pistol which I believe started this mess. I'm not sure how much blame to lay at their feet because I always see ATF as a belligerent agency. Might have been Waco.
That letter was dated July 2018. And like I previously posted, the ATF sent out a letter to some companies that basically stated that unless the accessory is attached to a firearm; they will not evaluate and send out approval letters, and will send the accessory back with nothing.. dated December 2018.

sb's stance on the purchase of their products:

"Our products are designed and intended only for use as forearm braces to provide a more stable firearm platform. They are neither designed nor intended to be fired from the shoulder. As configuration changes may alter the classification of a particular firearm, the user bears sole responsibility for determining the correct application of state and federal law."

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews