JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mean, somebody had to see this coming!

Don't fool yourself. Everyone saw this coming. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually seen shooters using braces as actual arm stabilizers. Every other time it's wink, wink, and up to the shoulder it goes. (which in my mind is perfectly fine).

It is and always has been a way to circumvent the NFA.

-E-

Don't fool yourself. Everyone saw this coming. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually seen shooters using braces as actual arm stabilizers. Every other time it's wink, wink, and up to the shoulder it goes. (which in my mind is perfectly fine).

It is and always has been a way to circumvent the NFA.

-E-
I like playing the fool!
:s0114:

Imagine the constitutional convention.

"Maddison, we need a provision in the constitution that says whether a gun stock for the shoulder should be allowed to touch the forearm or if a gun stock for the forearm should be allowed to touch the shoulder"

Maddison furiously loads musket "By all means sir, dont mind me, please go on"

Has anyone suggested making SBRs legal for everyone? Dismantling the NFA? Maybe just bon voyage the ATF while we're at it? Has anyone asked Biden about this yet?

Why don't we make select-fire and suppressors non-NFA too? Indeed, get rid of the whole NFA while we are at it?

Because that is a pipe dream. :rolleyes:

As much as I am fond of saying that civilians should be able to possess the same armament as easily the government does, with the same lack of restrictions, I labor under no delusions that this would ever happen at this point. When it should have happened was at the point where the Second Amendment was written and voted on - then is when it should have been made clear that this was to be the way of things, and ever since.

We have gone way too far down the road towards eliminating the natural right that the Second Amendment alluded to. And we are going to keep going down that road. The best we can do is slow down the speed.

Call it defeatist if you wish. I assert it is realistic. I've been watching this happen for almost 50 years. I wish it wasn't happening, and I wish people would wake up, but that isn't human nature and it isn't the nature of government, which is why the Bill of Rights is there in the first place; the founding fathers saw this tendency hundreds of years ago, they just over-estimated how effective the BOR would be, and under-estimated how corrupt both government and popular mindset would become.

If I'm a felon for something I bought legally when it was legal to buy them. If I arbitrarily become a felon by a rule change then it sounds like stocks, suppressors are "in for a pound if I'm in for a penny."

If I'm a felon for something I bought legally when it was legal to buy them. If I arbitrarily become a felon by a rule change then it sounds like stocks, suppressors are "in for a pound if I'm in for a penny."
It may have been legal to buy them but if they were not approved by the ATF then that is out of our hands. We were possibly led astray by the company who stated they were in compliance with the law. As a consumer we trusted a seller and that seller was not complete transparent (as far as we know). In my opinion you can't get mad at the ATF. I don't agree with the ATF but at the same time it's not exactly their fault. No government agency likes to be duped or being back doored. So we as the consumers will pay the price. It was fun while it lasted.

It may have been legal to buy them but if they were not approved by the ATF then that is out of our hands. We were possibly led astray by the company who stated they were in compliance with the law. As a consumer we trusted a seller and that seller was not complete transparent (as far as we know). In my opinion you can't get mad at the ATF. I don't agree with the ATF but at the same time it's not exactly their fault. No government agency likes to be duped or being back doored. So we as the consumers will pay the price. It was fun while it lasted.

English common law system - anything that is not explicitly listed as illegal is legal.

I dont know fee schedules but apparently you need a permit to demonstrate/"protest" in Portland if it blocks traffic , and other things... :rolleyes:
Are you implying that the city Portland seriously expected these antifa snots to actually go to city hall and apply for a permit?:s0114:

FYI:
ATF APPROVAL Letters are only good for toilet paper.
They Don't Approve anything it's a only a opinion letter.
You can agree or disagree, They don't have the power to write law. They have a charter to follow and they DON'T.

It's up to the individual MFG's to stand and fight these asshat's and take them to court. Just like we did.

Or everyone gets Hammered.

Are you implying that the city Portland seriously expected these antifa snots to actually go to city hall and apply for a permit?:s0114:
They denied permits to a certain group :rolleyes: of course BLM got approved right quick, and I'd bet more than a few on the Council are setting permits up for Antifa :rolleyes: the snots may be willfully ignorant, but they have the tacit support from Ted Wheeler and his Council... :rolleyes: we however are going astray from the thread topic.

The letter from the ATF is from 2018, so if their an enforcement agency, where are the arrests? Are they just postering?

I don't have a dog in the fight here. Just seems much ado about nothing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top