JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What happens when they come for those too ??
I don't think anyone can answer this question with any degree a certainty until one were faced with consifcastion as a legal reality.

I am sure we are going to be facing some forthcoming challenges but until then guessing, speculation and assumptions are are entirely irrational to base 'what if' or questions like the above when there is in fact nothing happening at this time.

...Two problems I see.
1. Somewhat click-baity headlines....
I think u are really onto something there (Btw, I parsed the quote above just to focus on that one item,not to ignore the other things u said). It seems to me there is an incentive for poeple to cause you to have an emotional reaction and that is why they post this stuff. Not saying the subject is not important but being aware of their incentive is important I think.

1) websites make money by attracting and holding your attention. You are more likely to look if they can make u have an emotional reaction right away.

2) certain people view anxiety, stress, and panic in others as entertainment. Any of u recall several threads on "the big earthquake is coming", polar shift, volcano etc. etc.? I won't say more on that here other than some people find it entertaining to sit back and see the panic they stirred up. Read into that what u will.

3) Manufacturers make money in times of change. Guns/this item is going away = panic buy. This gun/item is now all of a sudden legal = panic buy (or maybe "oh joy buy" ha ha). I'm not offering a judgement on that, but I just say be aware of it as an incentive for them. I guess fortunately for them atf has given them a lot of change. How much of this is intentionally caused by the manufacturers? Hard to say. Could be purely coincidental I dunno.

As Earl Nightingale said, don't be the little rowboat who is thrown about by every little wave. Be the big ocean liner traveling to your destination (your goals, wants for firearms) that is unaffected by the little waves. I think a lot of the discussion here is valuable in that regard.

Last Edited:
SB made a brace SB15 and got an atf letter saying it was a brace not a stock,
SB makes 23 some odd other "brace's" but never summited them for ATF determination as a brace
ergo all the other "brace's" other then the SB15 are stocks... making your hand gun an SBR if it is on the weapon
This is exactly how big Pharma gets away with making bad, legal drugs. Send and have the scientist test/ evaluate one drug and if approved - okay, but every other similar modification or similarity does not need to be re-evaluated. Change the chemistry and you can do a lot more worse stuff to people, which has/ does happened.
Now, braces and stocks are not more worse, they are just things! Too much over regulation; they should turn their sights to the pharmacy industry as FDA is doing a poor job at that!

I doubt that was location oriented, IIRC it was because the powers that be were interested in shutting down skinhead and militia types.
Of which Randy Weaver was neither. He detested the Aryan Nations skinheads and he was a white separatist, not a militia member or white supremacist.
In short, he and his family just wanted to be left the phuq alone, just like me, but the FBI and ATF and USG just couldn't abide any of that individualism running amok.

Last Edited:
As point

Ok - but that only applies IF you make it into a "destructive device" (rifle over .50 caliber, etc.), not if you change the caliber from 5.56x45 to .300 BLK.
Thx for the clarification. I think ur right. The chance of that ever becoming an issue is about zero. But like lawyers do, they point out any possible negative which is their job. Much appreciated clarification. I didn't read it thoroughly enough.

I also found the article below helpful re sbrs. Keep in mind though the source is selling gun trusts for sbrs.;)
Does anyone here have any knowledge of how long or difficult it is to sell an sbr? I just read the one source that talked about the delay and paperwork.

Also relating to sbr potential drawbacks, a recent thread talked about how the travel from state to state requirement can be met with a once per year letter to Atf. I don't know any details on that, just mentioning it for accuracy re state travel fwiw.

Last Edited:
I had a gut feeling on this months ago so, got rid of anything brace related including my Shockwave. Biden and his demons are going to do what they want including shoving this rigged election down our throats!:mad:

Thx for the clarification. I think ur right. The chance of that ever becoming an issue is about zero. But like lawyers do, they point out any possible negative which is their job. Much appreciated clarification. I didn't read it thoroughly enough.

I also found the article below helpful re sbrs. Keep in mind though the source is selling gun trusts for sbrs.;)
Does anyone here have any knowledge of how long or difficult it is to sell an sbr? I just read the one source that talked about the delay and paperwork.

Also relating to sbr potential drawbacks, a recent thread talked about how the travel from state to state requirement can be met with a once per year letter to Atf. I don't know any details on that, just mentioning it for accuracy re state travel fwiw.
Not a SBR, but I know someone who has gone through the process of selling his silencers. Not much different than buying one from online sources like Silencershop. Both parties must pay a transfer though if in different states. If in the same state, you would hold onto the NFA items while the buyer processes the form 4. Once approved, the buyer would meet you at an FFL like any gun sale these days and perform the transfer after filling out a 4473. If out of state, you would transfer via a form 4 ($200) to a local dealer, they then form 3 it to a dealer in the other state, then the buyer performs a form 4 ($200) to obtain after being approved.

SBRs would need the same treatment of being sold as an SBR.

If being sold as a Rifle. You would simply write a letter to the ATF with all of the information on the rifle letting them know you are removing it from its title 2 classification (look online for templates) and reconfiguring it to a title 1 configuration. Then you can sell it as a title 1 rifle just like any regular firearm. Be it the buyer doesn't mind having your maker engraving on it when it was a title 2 firearm.

Traveling between states, that are legal to possess NFA items, IE no traveling to California, is s as easy as filling this formhttps://www.atf.gov/file/11361/download

Not a SBR, but I know someone who has gone through the process of selling his silencers. Not much different than buying one from online sources like Silencershop. Both parties must pay a transfer though if in different states. If in the same state, you would hold onto the NFA items while the buyer processes the form 4. Once approved, the buyer would meet you at an FFL like any gun sale these days and perform the transfer after filling out a 4473. If out of state, you would transfer via a form 4 ($200) to a local dealer, they then form 3 it to a dealer in the other state, then the buyer performs a form 4 ($200) to obtain after being approved.

SBRs would need the same treatment of being sold as an SBR.

If being sold as a Rifle. You would simply write a letter to the ATF with all of the information on the rifle letting them know you are removing it from its title 2 classification (look online for templates) and reconfiguring it to a title 1 configuration. Then you can sell it as a title 1 rifle just like any regular firearm. Be it the buyer doesn't mind having your maker engraving on it when it was a title 2 firearm.

Traveling between states, that are legal to possess NFA items, IE no traveling to California, is s as easy as filling this formhttps://www.atf.gov/file/11361/download
Really good info thx! That's what I recall from the one article I read was that the big bugaboo is the waiting time for the form 4, similar to buying a silencer. I couldn't recall the details. Great help thx!

Just to be clear- What has the ATF RULED ?

not opinions/clickbait videos- but actually ruled ?
Thus far they've sent out a couple of letters, but the content seems to be at the discretion of whomever had a turn on the typewriter that day.

They have said that SB tac, ( among others), didn't submit "braces" to them for classification as "braces" but does that, by default, make them "stocks" ? Or are they in some AR purgatory ?

As many other OEM manufacturers fit the SBA3 as standard to their "pistols"- did those manufacturers get anything from the ATF that establishes them as "pistols", or was this an assumption on their part ?

I guess Matt Gaetz doesn't have the pull with DOJ that he hoped.
Barr is in charge of DOJ, which is in charge of ATF.

Perhaps in between golf, Trump could support gun owners the way he suggested he might.Or issue a general pardon for us all.....

Last Edited:
Just look at what they did to the honey badger now classifying it as an SBR so the ATF can tax you $200 to keep it. I've been worried about those damn magazines! $200 per mag over 10 rounds I'd go broke lol To bad it's not boating season yet ^^ but in all seriousness this is getting ridiculous better hope the people in Georgia wise the bubblegum up and vote republicans. 2021 will literally be a bubblegum storm for gun owners and manufacturers if they win majority in the senate. Information is directly from the Biden's website! https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/ 1FED5201-09DC-4E5A-A92D-2C942B32D30F.jpeg A7578DA3-CB11-4D3E-B9F5-2CECAE76A711.jpeg

Hey xxxxxx,

We understand your concern and we know this is shocking news. Fortunately what you may have heard or seen today is simply not true. Historically, the ATF has communicated to SB Tactical on numerous occasions that as long as the technology of bifurcated flaps and Velcro didn't change, then there was no requirement to resubmit. Despite that guidance, in May of 2019, SB Tactical submitted the SBA3 (for example) for review. The ATF has still not issued a binding determination and stated that the ATF does not regulate the manufacture, sale or possession of firearm accessories, such as stocks, secondary grips, or Stabilizing Braces.

This is nothing more than the ATF's latest attempt to divide the 2A community and an effort to malign and reclassify products used by millions of law-abiding Americans. We hope you don't feel fooled, as contrary to the ATF's baseless accusations, SB Tactical has never and would never mislead its customers. We have been actively engaged in discussions with the ATF and DOJ for years and are working tirelessly to encourage them to provide clear and public guidance regarding what constitutes a brace and the standards by which braces are measured. It is patently false that the SB15 and MPX PSB are the only braces that the ATF has "approved".

ATF's false and irrelevant statements are sadly consistent with an activist and lawless ATF that refuses to engage SB Tactical or manufacturers on the legal status of accessories used by millions of Americans. To date, the ATF has never asked SB Tactical to stop selling any Stabilizing Brace products.

If you haven't already please reach out to your elected officials and make your voice heard – the 2A Community needs to stand together now more than ever.

Kind regards,

The SB Tactical Team

E: [email protected]

I had a gut feeling on this months ago so, got rid of anything brace related including my Shockwave. Biden and his demons are going to do what they want including shoving this rigged election down our throats!:mad:

True, but I see no reason to hand them the ramrod.

I think most gun owners have a gut feeling that they are coming after all guns, but we should not let them back us into a corner. Sooner or later "deplorables" will become "enemies of the state". But there is no reason to make it easier for them to violate our rights by giving them up ahead of time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top