JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excerpt from ammoland news:

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/at...not-have-determination-letters/#ixzz6enC4L8cB
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Update 11/25/2020 and Response from SB Tactical
SB Tactical is aware that in response to FOIA requests from third parties, ATF has released internal documents that confirm the existence of an effort to malign and reclassify products used by millions of law-abiding Americans. Among those documents is an incomplete, redacted criminal evaluation that SB Tactical has never seen before and which contains multiple inaccuracies.

Contrary to the letters' baseless accusation about SB Tactical's marketing, SB Tactical has never and would never mislead its customers. SB Tactical has been working with ATF and DOJ for years and has sought determinations from the agency about the status of its products as applied to particular firearms. ATF's false and irrelevant statements are sadly consistent with an activist and lawless ATF that refuses to engage SB Tactical or manufacturers on the legal status of accessories used by millions of Americans.

SB Tactical finds the motives and actions of the ATF to be arbitrary and capricious. Once again, SB Tactical encourages you to reach out to the White House and ask President Trump to rollback ATF's agenda while he still can:

One-Click Link to Contact DOJ:
www.fracaction.org/contact-officials
White House Comment Line:
(202) 456-1111 / Email
Residents from the following states and districts should reach out to their congressional representatives to let them know what they think of ATF's actions:

Kentucky – Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) – www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/
(202) 224-2541 / Email
Alabama – Sen. Richard Shelby (R) – Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriations and oversees funding of DOJ/ATF. www.shelby.senate.gov/public/
(202) 224-5744 / Email
Kansas – Sen. Jerry Moran (R) – Chairman of the Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies (CJS) which is responsible for funding the ATF.
(202) 224-6521 / Email
South Carolina – Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) – Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is responsible for ATF oversight.
(202) 224-5972 / Email
Ohio 4th District – Congressman Jim Jordan (R) – Ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee which has jurisdiction over 2nd amendment issues. jordan.house.gov/
(202) 225-2676 / Email
If you're not from one of these States, you can find your representative's contact information here: www.contactingcongress.org/

Excerpt from ammoland news:

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/at...not-have-determination-letters/#ixzz6enC4L8cB
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Update 11/25/2020 and Response from SB Tactical
SB Tactical is aware that in response to FOIA requests from third parties, ATF has released internal documents that confirm the existence of an effort to malign and reclassify products used by millions of law-abiding Americans. Among those documents is an incomplete, redacted criminal evaluation that SB Tactical has never seen before and which contains multiple inaccuracies.

Contrary to the letters' baseless accusation about SB Tactical's marketing, SB Tactical has never and would never mislead its customers. SB Tactical has been working with ATF and DOJ for years and has sought determinations from the agency about the status of its products as applied to particular firearms. ATF's false and irrelevant statements are sadly consistent with an activist and lawless ATF that refuses to engage SB Tactical or manufacturers on the legal status of accessories used by millions of Americans.

SB Tactical finds the motives and actions of the ATF to be arbitrary and capricious. Once again, SB Tactical encourages you to reach out to the White House and ask President Trump to rollback ATF's agenda while he still can:

One-Click Link to Contact DOJ:
www.fracaction.org/contact-officials
White House Comment Line:
(202) 456-1111 / Email
Residents from the following states and districts should reach out to their congressional representatives to let them know what they think of ATF's actions:

Kentucky – Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) – www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/
(202) 224-2541 / Email
Alabama – Sen. Richard Shelby (R) – Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriations and oversees funding of DOJ/ATF. www.shelby.senate.gov/public/
(202) 224-5744 / Email
Kansas – Sen. Jerry Moran (R) – Chairman of the Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies (CJS) which is responsible for funding the ATF.
(202) 224-6521 / Email
South Carolina – Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) – Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is responsible for ATF oversight.
(202) 224-5972 / Email
Ohio 4th District – Congressman Jim Jordan (R) – Ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee which has jurisdiction over 2nd amendment issues. jordan.house.gov/
(202) 225-2676 / Email
If you're not from one of these States, you can find your representative's contact information here: www.contactingcongress.org/
So basically they put out a product not knowing if it really was ok? But thought our other ones were why not these ones? And sold them.to us anyway? Just trying to get the jist of there letter?

So basically they put out a product not knowing if it really was ok? But thought our other ones were why not these ones? And sold them.to us anyway? Just trying to get the jist of there letter?
It sounds like it. I smell a class action lawsuit here against SB Tactical depending on who is telling the truth.

A question for anybody who has recently bought a new in box SB Tactical brace: Did your brace come with a determination letter stating that it was approved at a brace for pistols?

Last Edited:
It sounds like it. I smell a class action lawsuit here against SB Tactical depending on who is telling the truth.

A question for anybody who has recently bought a new In box SB Tactical brace: Did your brace come with a determination letter state that it was approved at a brace for pistols?
Thanks arakboss! Thats what I smell:confused: I dont think ive ever got a determanation letter for any of my sb's at all

Like I said, I was under the impression my SBA4 was atf approved. Bought it sometime last year... so...will they take it back? Compensate me? I was definately mislead back then.

Like I said, I was under the impression my SBA4 was atf approved. Bought it sometime last year... so...will they take it back? Compensate me? I was definately mislead back then.
What do you mean? There is no sba4 All I had seen was an sbm4 thats probly what you had bought. Id just take off you're SBM4 for now

Let's see how many people who previously ranted about not-complying and line-in-the-sand'ing now immediately forget all that and tell everyone else we should be thankful they're not NFA items yet and immediately duck their chins and their tails.

Let's see how many people who previously ranted about not-complying and line-in-the-sand'ing now immediately forget all that and tell everyone else we should be thankful they're not NFA items yet and immediately duck their chins and their tails.
What do you mean? There is no sba4 All I had seen was an sbm4 thats probly what you had bought. Id just take off you're SBM4 for now
I have a SBA4 but purchased it already mounted to lower, no box. I did not receive a determination letter but assumed one was available.

Seems I've gone from not even having a ticket to a felon :s0054:

Will this impact my next BGC????

Trumps still in charge until 12:00PM EST on January 20, 2021... Might be time to light that switchboard up, let him know he needs to provide us with a consultation prize...

I am sure plenty will not comply but no reason to make it easy for BATF to find you. In my mind keeping your SB pistol brace as an act of non-compliance would be silly. You might as well put a stock on your "pistol" since it will be the same crime of making an illegal SBR.

I posted a thread about it on another firearms site that is infamous for being tightly moderated. They seem to be scared of their own shadow when it comes to gun rights.

If they lock my thread, then I'll wash my hands of them and their un-American attitude towards RKBA.

A line in the sand is being drawn and either you are for the RKBA, or you aren't. Man up or admit you don't value the Constitution.

Ive seen things for sale that are legal to own ,but is illegal to have on a firearm with out a stamp . With out letting the customer know that they can not legally use it for its intended purpose . If its On the fence I stay away from it .Its not worth the consequences. Any Brace will draw attention now ,The way things have been the last few years ,even if your in the right and can prove it ,the out come might not be in your favor. :s0136:

Seems like the link is broken brotha

Screenshot_20201125-014609.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews