JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we are missing the bigger picture regarding what's on the naughty list. If the specific device doesn't have a current determination letter approving it as a brace then regardless of whether it's on the bad list doesn't matter. That's the what I got out of it. Keep in mind the braces are not banned they can still be used on a rifle, and that will aid in shooting your rifle one handed:)

I think it would be prudent for a PSA to go out warning potential sellers of pistols on this sight of the impending doom regarding these braces. You never know when these guys are lurking around gathering up evidence like photos in the classfied ads:

511xohPWZ4L.jpg

so do we get to delete our adds now in violation of NWFA rules?

Failure to follow these rules will result in suspension of classified section privileges.

• Do not remove information from your ads (descriptions, photos, price, etc), even if the ad is no longer active.

Failure to follow these rules will result in suspension of classified section privileges.

• Do not remove information from your ads (descriptions, photos, price, etc), even if the ad is no longer active.
You can close them.

If I had an ad up for an AR pistol with banned configuration, I would simply remove the "shouldering device" and post an updated picture of the item without the brace. You can use strike through to reflect change in ad text.

I still fail to see how there illegal am I missing something? So basically asking someone to dumb it down for me.
SB made a brace SB15 and got an atf letter saying it was a brace not a stock,
SB makes 23 some odd other "brace's" but never summited them for ATF determination as a brace
ergo all the other "brace's" other then the SB15 are stocks... making your hand gun an SBR if it is on the weapon

I still fail to see how there illegal am I missing something? So basically asking someone to dumb it down for me.
The brace is not illegal, the pistol is not illegal, put them together and you've made an NFA item. Braces that don't have a current determination letter will essentially be legally recognized as stocks moving forward.

SB made a brace SB15 and got an atf letter saying it was a brace not a stock,
SB makes 23 some odd other "brace's" but never summited them for ATF determination as a brace
ergo all the other "brace's" other then the SB15 are stocks... making your hand gun an SBR if it is on the weapon
SB15 braces will be desirable again. You could not give those things away last week, was prices skyrocket on those and I expect the SB might begin producing them again.

I'm confused. So am I now a felon because I purchased an Extar EP-9 a year ago that was equipped with an SB Tactical SOB brace as a pistol?

If so, I need to update my Facebook status.

So Is this official as of today, 11/24/20?
Does SBA go after an injunction?
Can gun owners or SAF/NRA/GOA start suing now?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top