JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow do you think in 1775 the American Patriots said "so after my calculations, yes our muskets are in fact illegal to own"

NO! They fought back! They refused to comply! What is happening with the pussification of America???

The title of this thread is completely misleading. ATF did not "rule" on anything.

ammoland/whoever got documents via FOIA from atf relating to sb tactical braces which said 2 were approved and the others were not. To me this is communication between atf and sb tactical and not designed to go out to the public (perhaps due to the reason of not causing a panic or confusion which is what we are seeing right now).

It seems to me the focus for us is to determine which braces have ATF approval and which do not (at this time). Then armed with that info u can make ur own decision whether or not to use a certain brace. For example if you feel a certain sb brace is basically the same as an approved brace u may want to continue using. If u are risk-averse, you may not.

For me personally the yo-yo antics of these companies going round and round with ATF is not going to affect what I do, or what I shoot. If ATF comes out with rulings or laws change, then I may change what I'm doing but not until then.

Last Edited:
The title of this thread is completely misleading. ATF did not "rule" on anything.

ammoland/whoever got documents via FOIA from atf relating to sb tactical braces which said 2 were approved and the others were not. To me this is communication between atf and sb tactical and not designed to go out to the public (perhaps due to the reason of not causing a panic or confusion which is what we are seeing right now).

It seems to me the focus for us is to determine which braces have ATF approval and which do not (at this time). Then armed with that info u can make ur own decision whether or not to use a certain brace. For example if you feel a certain sb brace is basically the same as an approved brace u may want to continue using. If u are risk-averse, you may not.

For me personally the yo-yo antics of these companies going round and round with ATF is not going to affect what I do, or what I shoot. If ATF comes out with rulings or laws change, then I may change what I'm doing but not until then.

Thank you, spot on with my thoughts.

There hasn't been any real ruling and honestly these guys are all too excited to start screaming and jumping from windows.

Let's chill a bit. If the ATF had determined that they were going to make them "illegal" as the title of this thread states, that would have aligned much closer with the date of the letter, not the date that a FOIA request divulged the contents of the letter.

I feel like anything I type, you'll combat. I'm not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one.

I'll leave it be.

Best luck to brace owners.
Form 1 Form 1 Form 1. Just submitted mine last night. And sold my last pistol brace last weekend. Just in time

It's all going downhill from here folks. I miss the days when banned items would be grandfathered. Thank you DJT for emboldening the BATF to come up with this BS. AR, AK, Pistols and 80% lowers/frames are next boys and girls.

Just when you thought 2020 couldn't get any worse. :mad::mad::mad:
2021 is gearing up to be a 2A bubblegum show :eek::(:mad:

I would say nothing, as the Form 1 and the subsequent engraving on the firearm would trump any accessories.
I'm not a lawyer, but I did have an extra 2 espresso shots this morning.
That's my understanding also. If shouldering a pistol brace was ruled in the future by atf as turning a pistol into an sbr, it is already an sbr if it has a stamp so no issue that I can see.

Similarly if a person was worried about not having a pistol approved brace (such as sb15, sb's mpx, tailhook mod 1 or 2) it wouldn't matter what stock or what brace u have if it's a stamped sbr.

Last Edited:
I'm pretty tired by the drama put out by Guns and Gadgets. This isn't a ruling on pistol braces, it's just the ATF being salty that a particular company just ASSUMED that new designs would be kosher. SB says that they have approval, have been in constant communication with ATF etc. I'll believe it when I see the documents.

I'm pretty tired by the drama put out by Guns and Gadgets. This isn't a ruling on pistol braces, it's just the ATF being salty that a particular company just ASSUMED that new designs would be kosher. SB says that they have approval, have been in constant communication with ATF etc. I'll believe it when I see the documents.
Agree. Reading between the lines and my experience with government agencies tells me it's probably more of an atf workload issue and a turf pis$ing match.

Sb tactical assumes all their braces are atf compliant cuz they r similar to the 2 approved ones. ATF says "not so fast young man, we didn't approve all these products, we have only approved these 2. We need to pee on each one individually."

For those that have the KAK Blade (1 & 2) I would suggest downloading the PDFs.
For those that have any of the SB Tactical stocks, I would suggest downloading their original approval letters

I have a digital folder for all my ATF Stamps that I bring to the range. These PDFs are now in that folder.

Just a thought.

I have the link for Shockwave 2.0 but I can't get a Google return for 1.0.... any suggestions or hints for me?

Went to palmetto state armory, where I bought my sba3. Scrolled down through the ad and towards the end it says, atf compliant. Oh well, living in the great American redoubt, no one is going to be enforcing the law up here. I would probably feel different if I lived in portland. But if jo biden & the ho keep their campaign promises, ar pistols are going to be the least of our worries.
Randy Weaver's wife was shot by the government at a remote Idaho cabin. That standoff started over a short barreled shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top