JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The letter from the ATF is from 2018, so if their an enforcement agency, where are the arrests? Are they just postering?

I don't have a dog in the fight here. Just seems much ado about nothing.
edit. If you're talking about what the video talks about, and the supposed letter to SB tactical about those 23 models? Edit 2. I went to the Ammoland article and sure enough, the letter in question is from July 2018. If it indeed precedes the Dec 2018 letters, then it is indeed much ado about nothing because the Dec 2018 letter is more current :rolleyes:
And why haven't we heard anything about this from the NRA, SAF, GOA or any other gun rights organization?
And then you have this from Dec 2018... :s0092:

Last Edited:
Randy Weaver was brought up, you might want to google Robert Matthews the order. Associated with the Aryan nation, that's why the Fed's where so interested in the Aryan nation. When the Aryan nations had their annual big summer pow wow at Hayden, Randy attended and got his picture taken, that's where the whole train wreck started, the Fed's wanted another snitch and Randy didn't go along. Using Randy Weaver was a poor example, there was a lot more going on than some chump cutting the barrel of a shotgun off. If jo biden follows through on his anti gun campaign promises, then I would expect this area will be a second amendment sanctuary, Call it a hunch, but I don't think our constitutional sheriff will be enforcing unconstitutional gun laws.

Randy Weaver was brought up, you might want to google Robert Matthews the order. Associated with the Aryan nation, that's why the Fed's where so interested in the Aryan nation. When the Aryan nations had their annual big summer pow wow at Hayden, Randy attended and got his picture taken, that's where the whole train wreck started, the Fed's wanted another snitch and Randy didn't go along. Using Randy Weaver was a poor example, there was a lot more going on than some chump cutting the barrel of a shotgun off. If jo biden follows through on his anti gun campaign promises, then I would expect this area will be a second amendment sanctuary, Call it a hunch, but I don't think our constitutional sheriff will be enforcing unconstitutional gun laws.

You are correct except, bruder schweigen tried to recruit him in front of a undercover agent....

BTW:
Last time I saw Randy he was working in Missoula delivering pizza's for something to do.
He gave the 2.25 out of 2.5 million to his daughter.

It may have been legal to buy them but if they were not approved by the ATF then that is out of our hands. We were possibly led astray by the company who stated they were in compliance with the law. As a consumer we trusted a seller and that seller was not complete transparent (as far as we know). In my opinion you can't get mad at the ATF. I don't agree with the ATF but at the same time it's not exactly their fault. No government agency likes to be duped or being back doored. So we as the consumers will pay the price. It was fun while it lasted.

But all manufacturers have to get e letter of approval when making gun accessories. Back in the 90's even the "Hellfire" trigger activator came with an ATF letter of approval.

Reviewed the video and other information I could find. Very misleading title, and is why I absolutely detest journalists of all political spectrums. No braces has been made illegal per se, but rather the ATF has said that the braces they have yet to review are not approved as pistol braces.

People who make these titles are just as guilty as leftists who mislead people with titles.

For further clarification, SB Tactical was also told by ATF personnel and management that they would not need to submit future designs for approval as long as they used the same tech, two rubber flaps and a strap.

So, take from that what you will.

Reviewed the video and other information I could find. Very misleading title, and is why I absolutely detest journalists of all political spectrums. No braces has been made illegal per se, but rather the ATF has said that the braces they have yet to review are not approved as pistol braces.

People who make these titles are just as guilty as leftists who mislead people with titles.

I agree, I was about to start drilling a third hole before I realized this was still not the whole story.

That guns & gadgets channel has been click bait scaremongering for a while in my opinion.

Indeed. One of a few reasons why I did not bother watching the video in the OP. I've seen a small number of their videos, but it was enough to convince me this is not a source I'm going to waste my time on.

Also, as one of my business entities is 01 FFL (Dealer) licensed, I receive relatively regular e-mailed missives from BATFE. To the best of my recollection, none of them even mentioned braces, and I certainly have not received anything recently about said topic. If there is an official ruling, presumably that too will be issued from said regulatory agency in e-mail form.

And, finally, I simply don't care about braces, even though I agree they absolutely should not be made illegal. (When I've made shorties, I just Form 1ed them, but to each their own.)

You mean
I just bought 50 KAK braces for nothing?????
That lake I tossed my AR pistols in is cold this time of year.
Oh man...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top