JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is how we keep losing rights (or at least pieces of them). We are even infighting about whether or not "pistol" braces are necessary when you can just "SBR it". Regardless whether you believe in their usage, shouldn't we still fight to protect it anyways.

That being said; I do believe there is a lot of overreacting happening over a scare tactic. If you can still purchase these items on pre-built pistols I doubt we are on the brink of being felons yet. Why bother changing your builds on a letter "leaked" from 2018. And for those of you who will just comply with arbitrary rulings, I certainly hope that "they" don't try to come for whatever gets your goat next for we will surely lose everything bit by bit. Just my $.02.

I don't mind people debating whether SBR or pistol braces are preferable - everybody has their opinion.

What I DO mind is the assertion that pistol brace regs/laws/etc. don't matter because you can always just pay a $200 tax and get your name on a list at the ATF, and that this is all hoopla about nothing (not sure if someone has said this or not).

Over-reacting? I hope so, but I would rather overreact than just blithely let the ATF jerk us around.

What I DO mind is the assertion that pistol brace regs/laws/etc. don't matter because you can always just pay a $200 tax
I'm more in the camp that says (and it may very well be just a camp of one) pistol brace regs don't matter until they're attempted. Until then it's just a couple internet sites phishing for clicks.

No way. Please tell me the last time you saw, read or heard about any LAWFUL gun owner ending up in the pokey over a stock, magazine or otherwise?

You can't, because it doesn't happen. Not with LAWFUL gun owners who don't do dumb things with their guns. I'd bet MOST average LEO's don't know the laws and the ATF doesn't send out agents randomly looking for anything.

While this is correct my concern with this topic (and others like it around rulings and regs, I'll call them all "laws" from here on out) is not how something is/is not enforced now, rather that it is on the books and can be invoked in the future.

Such laws are especially concerning when they're "possession" laws; falling afoul of any law risks being charged with it. The classic (showing how old I am... as weed is legal now), "Pulled over for speeding, they found the lid. Now it's not a $45 ticket, it's time in jail."

In short, when a possession law is on the books, even if it's not enforced, I am no longer a "lawfull" gun owner if I possess it. And that can be invoked at any time.

90 Congressmen wrote a letter to the DOJ regarding the ATF's vague rules on braces. They are concerned that a disabled vet can not shoot a heavy AR15 pistol with out a brace. There for limiting disabled people's gun rights. BTW..........not one single Congressman from Washington had the nads to join with them. Not sure about Oregon, I did not check. 131989378_4090402350978011_8637487219636892661_o.jpg

Last Edited:
Oh, they "consulted" with DOJ and the Deputy Attorney General and decided that their letter was "guidance" rather than 'regulation". My, how generous of them.

This was just posted on the SB Tactical Facebook page 8 minutes ago...............

We are beyond grateful for the efforts and support of our customers and the greater firearms community. A very special thanks to our leader @alessandrorbosco, Michael Faucette of Wiley Rein LLP, and Adnan Jalil of @alphastrategiesllc. Many will attempt to take credit for this success, but let it be known, these men and their teams are warriors and deserve credit for what they have done in the fight to protect our rights. Collectively, we achieved an incredible feat, but there is much more work to be done. We will not stop fighting and hope for your continued support, but for now, we wish you all a blessed holiday filled with family, love, and laughter.
Thank you all and have a Merry Christmas.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top