JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would it be possible to get a sticky for instructions on how to comment on ATF rule change proposals? I'm sure once you've done it it's easy, but for those of us who haven't commented before--but want to start--it would be great if there was an easy to find thread just devoted to the commenting process. For example: Do I list the title of the rule in the comment, or is that taken care of by going to the website? Should I address the comment to anyone in particular for best effect? And then maybe for each rule currently being commented on, perhaps there could be a sticky with the link to comment on that rule, example comments, example paragraphs that could be cut and pasted, etc.

I think a lot more people would comment if this information was front and center. Personally, I'm going to figure it out regardless, but I know a lot of folks who would as well if it was a bit easier to do. I know it's not rocket science, but the easier it is the more comments, the better off we all are.

Perhaps this has already been discussed and there's more to it than I'm aware of. I'm just trying to learn here, so if I'm off base please just let me know and understand my intentions are good.

Thanks!

You are right on track, and your efforts are not wasted, it is really overwhelming by design to get anything messaged to our overlords, but remember, they work for us, elected or appointed. The government doesn't make money, they take it in the form of taxes and fees.

Your comment should be just stating that you oppose said rule change or definition change along with the docket #. simple and clear is great.
"I oppose this and this is clearly unconstitutional", may be all you have to say... or you can elaborate more. If everyone that owns a gun just did that, the ATF would be jammed and wouldn't know what to do.
Jarred on Guns and Gadgets on Youtube is a great resource, for starters. Also Iragveteran8888 and Mrgunsandgear have all spoke on this very topic all on the youtube. I believe GOA, gun owners of America has some form letter templates as well.

The ATF comments need to have the docket # in it and the comments need to be civil to be counted.
For example the ATF website for the receiver/ghost gun definition change says
"You may submit comments, identified by docket number ATF 2021R-05, "
So, include ATF 2021-05 in your comment.

They (the gov't and the ATF) DONT want you to comment so they have purposely made this process difficult and cumbersome.

Apathy ALWAYS comes before
Tyranny!

Make it as short and to the point as possible. If you "ramble" on and on it is usually disregarded and ignored.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top