JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow - what a great investment of our tax dollars . . .

ATF Project Gunrunner Nets 16 Guns (Not Shown) |

ATF Project Gunrunner Nets 16 Guns (Not Shown)
Posted on December 8, 2010 by Robert Farago

As we reported previously, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently hit up Uncle Sam for $81.3 million to fund Project Gunrunner. That’s the program the ATF created to stem the mythical (if politically correct) “iron river” of illegal guns flowing from the U.S. to Mexican drug cartels. I repeat: $81.3 million. This year. On top of the agency’s “normal” $1 billion plus annual budget. So far, so bad. The Office of Inspector General had a look and tore the ATF a new one, excoriating Project Gunrunner for its ineffectiveness and inefficiency. That was then (last month). This is now. And now the ATF is crowing about nabbing five—count ‘em five—gun runners. And indicting four others. Here’s the list . . .

Oswaldo Ramirez, 29, of Lakewood, an illegal alien who allegedly arranged and was present at most of the firearms transactions;

Victor Huerta, 20, of Paramount, who allegedly participated in several of the gun transactions;

Ernesto Figueroa Chavez, 21, of La Puente, an illegal alien who allegedly supplied the gun in three transactions prior to being deported to Mexico in October;

Robert Francis Evangelista, 32, of Montebello, who was allegedly involved in seven firearms transactions;

Sergio Herrera, 30, of South Gate, who allegedly sold one firearm

Ivan Reyes, 34, who is a fugitive currently being sought by authorities for allegedly selling one firearm and being involved in a narcotics transaction;

Robert Michael Roybal, 23, of El Sereno, who allegedly was involved in two firearms transactions and is currently in state custody;

Ramon Lopez, 33, of South Los Angeles, who allegedly was involved in one gun transaction and is currently in state custody; and a ninth defendant who is charged with participating in one gun transaction and is the subject of an ongoing investigation into his identity

As our headline proclaims, I make that sixteen guns. Or around $5m per gun, if we’re talking about the Project Gunrunner funding. That said, I’ve got plenty of questions for the ATF (I’ve left messages, check back for an update). Such as . . .

1. Was this a sting? Did the ATF “lure” these buyers into an illegal transaction?

2. Are these “straw purchase” related busts? In other words, did the defendants purchase the weapons from federally licensed gun dealers or on the black market?

3. Where were the guns headed? TTAG has long maintained that the so-called “iron river” supplies otherwise law-abiding Mexicans with firearms to defend themselves against the drug cartels and their corrupt allies in the police, national guard and army.

4. Does the ATF ever nail anyone on their own?

Meanwhile, we’ve also noted that the ATF seems to use reward money in a large number of cases (click here for today’s example). Is that a good thing or a bad thing, and does that money come out of a separate budget?

Wait..are you saying that a government agency is wasting money and trying to justify bloated budgets???? 81 million wisely spent on shutting the border might be an idea... huh???:huh:

Wait..are you saying that a government agency is wasting money and trying to justify bloated budgets???? 81 million wisely spent on shutting the border might be an idea... huh???:huh:

I guess we are supposed to think that the money was well spent because it employed more people during these hard economic times. :s0131:

Esitmated population of:

Oregon- 3.8 million
Washington- 5.8 million
Idaho- 1.2 million
California- 33.8 million
Nevada- 19.8 million
Alaska- .6 million
Hawaii- 1.2 million
Montana- .9 million
Arizona- 5.1 million
New Mexico- 1.8 million
Utah- 2.2 million
Wyoming- .5 million
Colorado- 4.3 million

edit:
So what is that, $1.00 person in those states paying for it?

SF-

Esitmated population of:

Oregon- 3.8 million
Washington- 5.8 million
Idaho- 1.2 million
California- 33.8 million
Nevada- 19.8 million
Alaska- .6 million
Hawaii- 1.2 million
Montana- .9 million
Arizona- 5.1 million
New Mexico- 1.8 million
Utah- 2.2 million
Wyoming- .5 million
Colorado- 4.3 million

edit:
So what is that, $1.00 person in those states paying for it?

SF-

I'll pass on paying my dollar. I can do way better things with it.

81.3m worth of firearms? I don't think I could afford to purchase one of those 16 weapons! Isn't that about eleventy million PER weapon? I can't hang with that kind of bidding :s0114:

Maybe the Bill Gates of the world ought to step up and hold an auction and cover this little snafu so Barry doesn't look like chump to the fiscally conservative Dems in the Senate.

SF-

I would suggest everyone read the author's trail of reference's back to it's origin. It will take some time, just follow his own links. He was able to do was take a few very true individual facts and then weave them into a completely fabricated story. Apparently, "the truth about guns" doesn't have much to do with truth.

Man if the ATF DID sell off its stores of confiscated weapons (that they haven't burned, blown up, melted, or otherwise destroyed) they could pay for their own budget [maybe], you'd make alot of gun collectors happy [i'm sure quite a few of those drug lord guns are very rare or at the least hard to find.], and you can confiscate them later to make your quarterly reports look good.:s0114: not sure if that last one oozed enough sarcasm..

Im in my 50's and I have never before..seen so many crisis's until these last 10 years..

The puppet masters realized that there is alot of money to be made in false flag terrorism....

If they were really worried about the Mexico problem..they would shut down the borders..NOT sue Arizona for trying to protect its citizens..

The nuts are running the nut house....Wow..what a mess we have made for ourselves Ollie!

Gun running...is all bullsh*t and smokes and mirrors..and false reporting in a very corrupt media controlled by those who benefit by the drug trade..

The fact is....of all the guns confiscated....only 25% of them were registered.....and of that 25%.....only 15% of the guns came from America...Only 15% of 25% which is minute..almost nothing...and yet the gov. is making a big tadoo over this...

Im tired of the gov which is getting more corrupt by the day..

So as I see it...were NOT the problem..

In fact..perhaps its all the illegals running around the country that brought that 15% of a mere 25% into Mexico..after they stole them..

FACT...THE ILLEGALS COULD NOT HAVE STOLEN THEM..IF THEY WERE NOT HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE...

Oh crap..now the libtards are going to try to block this thread too..I talked crap against the poor little illegals..who stole my job....ggeessshhh......:s0112::s0114: Just kidding:s0155:

So should we unarm ourselves..so Mexican cartels wont get our guns...I talked crap on the illegals....After all..they are just doing jobs we wont do...but then again...WHO WAS DOING THOSE JOBS BEFORE THEY CAME???? I was..thats who...and so was my family..and friends...but ****..we dont matter..right?????

SOME PEOPLE FALL FOR EVERYTHING...EVEN IF IT MEANS THE DEMISE OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY.....lmao...Thats commie logic..

How many of the US traced guns were sold or given to the Mexican military and police who in turn sold them to the cartels? Ever notice the govt or US media don't mention this?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top