JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here we are back to ATF's argument that how you hold the firearm redesigns it as an SBR. Apparently they think firearms safety = SBR and that nobody ever shoots a pistol with two hands...
Exactly. With full sized pistols such as the 92FS, G17..etc I use the crux of my arm when attempting to shoot long distance. Its a shooting style not many use but it braces my full sized pistol (without a brace), creating a stable shelf.. Id like to see what the ATF thinks of that shooting style since its not the typical 1911, single hand type shooting style they assume everyone uses. They don't even address a support hand in their argument.. yet nearly all shooters use a support hand. Meaning pistols are in fact operated with two hands.

This is a good guideline. Cut and paste and add or deduct what you don't want to say.
Mainly just be sure to comply with requirements to have your comment counted.

All these points systems and related blather just serve to illustrate how outrageously stupid NFA34 is. Does anyone, in their right mind, think that completion of that worksheet and industry compliance with said translates to "shazam, violent crime reduced!" It is a farce, but one us taxpayers get to pick up the tab for. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but I'm not going to tell them that!

Commented. This point system is, unfortunately, something a typical US regulatory agency might apply to manufacturers in a given industry. However, the idea of applying such a set of regulations to millions of citizens a decade after the regulated product has been on the market with severe criminal repercussions for non-compliance is utterly insane. Make sure you the let the ATF know this.

Everyone is missing the big picture. This isn't rule making. It's the ATF interpenetrating the law. Just like the bump-stock thing.

Picture this the EPA suddenly gets an idea. The clean air act never specified what gas mileage the average American's car had to achieve. It only specified what standards manufactures had to meet to sell a vehicle. So the EPA decides any vehicle that gets less than 80 miles to the gallon is now illegal. No grandfather clause, no exceptions. Your car now makes you a violator of the criminal statutes in the clean air act. For every car you own you now have criminal record and owe $25,000 for each count. 4 vehicles, 4 counts $100,000 in fines and you're barred from operating a business. No law changed but wow millions of new criminals. Then coal/gas fired power plants. Rolling blackouts. Oh wait California....

This is just them testing the waters. If they get away with it here. Just think what they could do with an agency to monitor hate speech on the internet. Your firearms discussions are actually hate speech against anti-gun groups. Not hard to see all kinds of agencies interpenetrating the laws to rid us of all those freedoms in the name of public safety.

Right now the bump-stock issue is sitting in conflicted district courts. Just like Heller. I think this will end up in the same place.

We really need some Senators to speak up and send a letter to the ATF.

Everyone is missing the big picture. This isn't rule making. It's the ATF interpenetrating the law. Just like the bump-stock thing.

Picture this the EPA suddenly gets an idea. The clean air act never specified what gas mileage the average American's car had to achieve. It only specified what standards manufactures had to meet to sell a vehicle. So the EPA decides any vehicle that gets less than 80 miles to the gallon is now illegal. No grandfather clause, no exceptions. Your car now makes you a violator of the criminal statutes in the clean air act. For every car you own you now have criminal record and owe $25,000 for each count. 4 vehicles, 4 counts $100,000 in fines and you're barred from operating a business. No law changed but wow millions of new criminals. Then coal/gas fired power plants. Rolling blackouts. Oh wait California....

This is just them testing the waters. If they get away with it here. Just think what they could do with an agency to monitor hate speech on the internet. Your firearms discussions are actually hate speech against anti-gun groups. Not hard to see all kinds of agencies interpenetrating the laws to rid us of all those freedoms in the name of public safety.

Right now the bump-stock issue is sitting in conflicted district courts. Just like Heller. I think this will end up in the same place.

We really need some Senators to speak up and send a letter to the ATF.
I agree they appear to be setting a precedent. It looks to me like they are trying to set a precedent to go after assault weapons. I say this because:

(1) they are making rules for a pistol by changing the definition of a rifle. That is like the American kennel club reclassifying a dog based on changing the definition of a cat. Because they are changing the definition of a rifle it appears to be the first step in a broader change of the definition of rifle as it relates to assault rifles.

(2) they are incorporating other items such as sights etc that have nothing to do with a brace. You could take a pistol that has never had a brace installed but has the wrong sights etc and it will fail the scorecard. So it appears (as was the case in the 1994 ban) they want to establish a list of items that will make guns fall into the nfa restricted category.

(3) the wording in the beginning about them reserving the right to declare it an nfa item irregardless of the scorecard. If this goes though it gives them Carte Blanche to designate any weapon as an nfa item. I would expect an assault weapons ban next that uses this same language.

I agree they appear to be setting a precedent. It looks to me like they are trying to set a precedent to go after assault weapons. I say this because:

(3) the wording in the beginning about them reserving the right to declare it an nfa item irregardless of the scorecard. If this goes though it gives them Carte Blanche to designate any weapon as an nfa item. I would expect an assault weapons ban next that uses this same language.
Precisely. They state their intentions in the open. They want unilateral power to declare anyone a felon, at any time they wish, for any reason. The rest of their form and their points system is just theater.

I put my comment in. I made my case of cheek welding/bracing and that there is a myriad of ways one can shoot a pistol.. there is no definite, textbook way. Single, supported, right/left, arm cruxed, off a barricade/support, benched or braced.. I also made note all agents use support hands to stabalize their idea if a "typical service pistol" not a single agent uses strictly one hand.

*I noted the actual dangers of mandatory straps and that it should be up to the end user but a design feature included none the less as that is a feature of "some" braces. (my point that a hand locked into place, difficult to clear a malfunction and makes handling more awkward and ups end user risk when it comes to safety.)

*I made defense of adjustability and various differing body mechanics paired with storage and transport and that ultimatly if the fear is easily consealable firearms.. criminals will simply do this regardless of the law. That most of us enjoy the adjustability for comfort, storage and transport.

The more civil comments submitted the longer the process takes them. As MAC stated with a rep from GOA.. our numbers of logical, civil comments aids our case when this all goes to court.

I put my comment in. I made my case of cheek welding/bracing and that there is a myriad of ways one can shoot a pistol.. there is no definite, textbook way. Single, supported, right/left, arm cruxed, off a barricade/support, benched or braced.. I also made note all agents use support hands to stabalize their idea if a "typical service pistol" not a single agent uses strictly one hand.

*I noted the actual dangers of mandatory straps and that it should be up to the end user but a design feature included none the less as that is a feature of "some" braces. (my point that a hand locked into place, difficult to clear a malfunction and makes handling more awkward and ups end user risk when it comes to safety.)

*I made defense of adjustability and various differing body mechanics paired with storage and transport and that ultimatly if the fear is easily consealable firearms.. criminals will simply do this regardless of the law. That most of us enjoy the adjustability for comfort, storage and transport.

The more civil comments submitted the longer the process takes them. As MAC stated with a rep from GOA.. our numbers of logical, civil comments aids our case when this all goes to court.
Awesome. All good and well thought out comments!

Precisely. They state their intentions in the open. They want unilateral power to declare anyone a felon, at any time they wish, for any reason. The rest of their form and their points system is just theater.
Who else does that sound like?

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime."
--Lavrentii Beria, KGB scumbag and all-around human garbage on my Graves In Need of Massive Defecation Upon list

--Lavrentii Beria, KGB scumbag and all-around human garbage on my Graves In Need of Massive Defecation Upon list
Yep, this is the reason to fight this B.S., not because u own an 80% lower, brace, or whatever else they r targeting at the moment (assault rifles r next imo), but because they r seeking to establish precedents that gives them power to eliminate our constitutional rights and ultimately eliminate gun ownership. Imo they r trying to establish the building blocks to have that power.

Not trying, they've been DOING so for a long time--the average person commits three Federal felonies a day without ever realizing it in even small and ludicrous ways, so pretty much once Big Brother has you on the radar it's just a matter of watching and waiting and they have you.

Yep. We didn't beat communism in the late 80's. It just changed venue. We've been importing it into our universities since the 60's....and the products of these universities are sitting on benches, and in House and Senate seats, and living in Governor's Mansions today.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top