JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Watch this real quick and go make your comment accordingly.
The ATF made it more difficult to get the comments in, but there are instructions in the video that will be really helpful.

Heeeeeere we goooooooo!

Pistol Brace Proposed Rule Change/BAN: https://www.federalregister.gov/docum...
Pistol Brace Comment Area: GREEN BUTTON NOW WORKING

And in case you didn't get your comment on the
frame /receiver, get that done, what are you waiting for Wilburforce?

Frame/Receiver Definition Rule Change: https://www.federalregister.gov/docum...

The more comments the longer their processing takes. As MAC and a rep from the GOA says, keep comments civil and refrain from vulgarity in order to haveyour comment count. The more comments the longer the process.. the more comments the more it bolsters a legal case for "sporting purposes". Millions are now owned.. so that should be hundreds of thousands of comments that clog the system they have to sort through. (Which the supposedly "have" to).

My only comment to them is...You suck, are un-American and should be dissolved.
I was a little more long winded, but the intent was the same. I also pointed out that they are the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. I reminded them that alcohol and tobacco killed more people last year than AR15s have in the last decade, and pistol variants even less. If they actually cared about lives over politics they may actually want to work on the other two parts of their job, but we all know it's purely about money and political intimidation.

Last Edited:
Chipman said repeatedly that the ATF is charged with stopping Bad Guys.

So, how does making millions of new Bad Guys fit into their mission statement?

They have a hard enough time keeping up with REAL criminals... is minting a few million more nothing but a ploy for funding? More agents? More authority? Or all of the above?

Yeah but. At least he doesn't say mean things...
How would we know? SFB Biden can't put a cohesive sentence together, except to comment on a 19 yerar old female and how she crosses her legs...
He could be calling everyone every swear word in the book, but all he can get out is um, uh, scratch the head, uh, um ...

100% agree that lots of comments are needed to either kill or reduce the impact of this B.S.

However, it seems to me the comments must be persuasive to be effective. Fe emotion based comments will do nothing imo other than increase the tally of "negative comments received".

By persuasive I mean comments should refer to statements by the ATF that r not true or are inaccurate -of which there are many from what I read. Someone needs to make a list of all the fallacies in the ATF's statements so that commenters have a laundry list of arguments to choose from when marking thoughtful comments. Just one example might be how many braces have been used in crimes or mass shootings.

Another thought that is totally unrelated to comments is we should put together a list of what we think they mean for each scoring component in the scorecard. This is probably best done after the ruling (in whatever form) becomes final. that way we can evaluate our current braces to come up with a score, and modify if needed. For example, it's clear to me that adjustability of the stock to increase length of pull is a huge scoring factor (and length of pull in general). Eliminating adjustability of a brace that is currently adjustable should reduce or eliminate that scoring factor. Similarly, modifying length of pull (if needed) could be looked at as a way to reduce scorecard points.

Also many of the terms the atf uses are not well enough defined. For example mrgunsngear has a good video where he says he doesn't know what "counterbalance" means. To me it's clear that the atf is referring to devices such as the tailhook brace that rely on counterbalance to work, not straps.

in short, yes we should try to kill the regulations via comments, but if that doesn't work then being smart and making our current braces fit their "scorecard" (in whatever its final form is) seems like the best way to go.

this assumes a person doesn't want to stamp each gun that has a brace. Relating to stamping guns also note that some braces such as sig mpx type that attach to a pic rail (1913) can be swapped from gun to gun in about 30 seconds. So if u have a brace that meets the scorecard u can have multiple guns sharing that brace and not have to stamp any of the guns which saves u $200 per gun and also the huge hassle and delay if u ever want to sell it (ie u can sell as a pistol, not a nfa-registered gun where new owner would have to have a stamp and incur the $200, long delay, and paperwork involved).

Last Edited:
No matter what you submit - and everyone should submit comments - make sure you bury an easter egg somewhere in your comments.

And that egg should be, "Chipman is a c*nt"

How would we know? SFB Biden can't put a cohesive sentence together, except to comment on a 19 yerar old female and how she crosses her legs...
He could be calling everyone every swear word in the book, but all he can get out is um, uh, scratch the head, uh, um ...
Actually it was a small girl who he said looked like she was 19 - he's been having difficulty hiding his pedophelia in his old age.

Pretty much everything printed between "Action:" and "BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P" is fallacy and bureaucratic double talk.

Exhibit A:

"Installed sights are also indicators as to the intended use of a firearm with an attached "stabilizing brace." ATF has examined numerous AR-type firearms with "stabilizing brace" accessories that lack any sight or that incorporate rifle-type flip-up or back-up iron sights ("BUIS"), which are only partially usable when firing the weapon with one hand. As such, the presence of this type of sight or lack of any sight will accrue 1 point."

Sights = 1 point
No Sights = 1 point

What rifle or pistol has ever been designed to be used without at least a rudimentary sight for aiming? Exactly how many "numerous" AR type firearms did the ATF actually examine without sights? How in the heck do iron sights have anything to do with a pistol being an SBR? How in the heck is partial usability of a sight a determining factor? If I have an astigmatism that makes all sights only partially usable, does the astigmatism potentially make every firearm I use an SBR? What if my eyes are watering from allergies? Or the bill of my hat gets in the way?

Exhibit B:

"Certain hand-stop attachments have been determined to protect a shooter's off-hand from being placed in front of the barrel and do not, in and of themselves, redesign a pistol to be fired with more than one hand. However, the presence of such an attachment is an indication the weapon may not be intended to be fired with a single hand, but rather intended to be fired from the shoulder."

Here we are back to ATF's argument that how you hold the firearm redesigns it as an SBR. Apparently they think firearms safety = SBR and that nobody ever shoots a pistol with two hands...

Last Edited:
Actually it was a small girl who he said looked like she was 19 - he's been having difficulty hiding his pedophelia in his old age.
I've heard similar things from people who work the fields of Alzheimer's, dementia, degenerative brain diseases. As the patient's cognitive ability declines so do inhibitions, decorum, and the ability to control one's urges and emotions. Secrets people keep to themselves start leaking through the cracks. I think we will see more behavior that is harder to hide as it progresses.

Last Edited:
All these points systems and related blather just serve to illustrate how outrageously stupid NFA34 is. Does anyone, in their right mind, think that completion of that worksheet and industry compliance with said translates to "shazam, violent crime reduced!" It is a farce, but one us taxpayers get to pick up the tab for. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top