JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
1603769264859.png

^. Didn't click. (@Certaindeaf would approve. :p)

So I've made a couple updates as I'm reading more about this, including the main title change.

The summary is, the ATF may reclassify what a "pistol" is. The characteristics may eliminate ARs or AKs from being a pistol. It may make them a SBR or AOW.
There's been a couple importers that have had their pistol applications rejected by the ATF and said they are actually a SBR or AOW. Read the link above from the law firm that is reporting this.

In the end it could just be fear mongering, but thought people should be aware of it.

What does it make this firearm;
1. over 26" overall length (end of extension to muzzle).

2. not shoulder stocked (braced), therefore not a "rifle"

3. not a "pistol" or "AOW"

12" barreled AR platform with adjustable brace, coming in at 28.5" OAL.
:s0092: I know California has a specific OAL requirement? (Clarification, I don't live there)

Remember, the only definition that clearly states an OAL threshhold of 26" is that for the AOW class, and it must be less than that number to be considered concealable.

There are prior rulings that states "anything under 26" OAL and is not a rifle, or shotgun, or AOW, are "pistols"" :rolleyes:

So now a AK pistol with 10" barrel and a brace is what? I heared they go by weight now for handguns? I'm nor worried about the AR platform, its just gonna get a longer muzzledevice permanently attached, I am REAL worried about my US made AK pistol.

So now a AK pistol with 10" barrel and a brace is what? I heared they go by weight now for handguns? I'm nor worried about the AR platform, its just gonna get a longer muzzledevice permanently attached, I am REAL worried about my US made AK pistol.
If its under 26", and they determine its 'not a pistol' then it an unregistered SBR or AOW? :s0092:

I don't think their goal is that we understand their "rules". Their goal is to keep "changing their interpretation" until everything is illegal.

An agency run amok can hide a lot of atrocities amid ambiguity.

Last Edited:
What does it make this firearm;
1. over 26" overall length (end of extension to muzzle).

2. not shoulder stocked (braced), therefore not a "rifle"

3. not a "pistol" or "AOW"

12" barreled AR platform with adjustable brace, coming in at 28.5" OAL.
:s0092: I know California has a specific OAL requirement? (Clarification, I don't live there)

Remember, the only definition that clearly states an OAL threshhold of 26" is that for the AOW class, and it must be less than that number to be considered concealable.

There are prior rulings that states "anything under 26" OAL and is not a rifle, or shotgun, or AOW, are "pistols"" :rolleyes:
What is, Other "Firearm".

Unless they determine braces are no longer braces but stocks. It seems like they may be leaning in that direction.

I'm an AK guy, don't care too much if I have that brace on the ak pistol or not, I care much more about that unbraced AK Pistol now becoming an SBR or AOW. That would suck hardcore

I'm an AK guy, don't care too much if I have that brace on the ak pistol or not, I care much more about that unbraced AK Pistol now becoming an SBR or AOW. That would suck hardcore
I know people that still have bump-stocks that refuse to turn them in. I never saw the point of them, but I support their stance.

This really blows!
I've written my congresswoman asking her raise hell with them
The more folks that write their representatives the better. So get on it folks!

ETA Write the president as well.
When they feel the heat, they'll see the light!

Last Edited:
First they came for the bumpstocks, then they came for the braces, then they came for the pistols. Regardless of whether we care about an item or not, we should find it disturbing how the batf makes up rules willy nilly.

First they came for the bumpstocks, then they came for the braces, then they came for the pistols. Regardless of whether we care about an item or not, we should find it disturbing how the batf makes up rules willy nilly.
We don't need any gun laws, the only one that matters is the 2nd Amendment, everything else is an infringement.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top