JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
  • ATF has a list of the origins of over 6.8 million firearms linked to criminal activity. Sounds juicy! A group files a FOIA request seeking to find out how many of those guns were owned by law enforcement (not the identities of those officers). ATF: No way; searching the database would create a new record, and we aren't required to do that. Ninth Circuit: If running a search across existing databases creates a new record, much gov't info will become forever inaccessible under FOIA, "render[ing] FOIA a nullity in the digital age."

NTC will trace a gun from crime scene( Or alleged Crime/Criminal )
From MFG, to dealer, to purchaser through the 4473's.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I can tell you for a fact that they have traced guns that have gone from a MFG to another FFL and never had a 4473.
Still in inventory and neither party was suspected of a crime.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**** THEY DO ILLEGALLY keep track when they do a MFG's FFL inspection. Or a regular FFL inspection. ****
( FOPA of 1986 ) Strictly prohibits this.

FWIW The only "Origin" would be the manufacture. If I mail a letter to Florida there may be many stops along the way however only one origin.

Interesting what is kept in their secret database:

(i) information about the law enforcement agency requesting the trace, such as the agency's name, address, case number, and investigative notes provided by the agency;

(ii) information provided by the requesting agency regarding its recovery of the firearm, such as the date and location where the traced firearm was taken into custody by the requesting agency;

(iii) information about purchasers of the traced firearm;

(iv) information about possessors of the traced firearm and any associates (i.e., persons with the possessor of the firearm when the firearm comes into police custody), such as their names and addresses, driver's license information and social security numbers, and any related vehicle information;

(v) information identifying each [Federal Firearms License] that has sold the traced firearm; and (vi) information about the traced firearm such as the manufacturer, importer, model, weapon type, caliber, and serial number.

FWIW The only "Origin" would be the manufacture. If I mail a letter to Florida there may be many stops along the way however only one origin.

Bad people gonna do bad stuff buddy.

Gonna poke the bear and find out who they are.

Just leave the rest of us alone please.

BTW:
I don't think your that bad of a human to try.
Or you could go full Waco and see what's gonna happen ...o_O
Might cost you everything...... Or Nothing, but your soul..
If you haven't sold it yet.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews