JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I am looking at building my first SBR, I actually have everything together to build it now using a Sig Brace and KAK buffer tube, but I am debating selling those and processing the Form 1, and giving me more time to save for an optic and possibly the UBR stock.

The Form 1 seems pretty self explanatory with the exception of section 13-Law Enforcement Certification. How does this exactly work?? I live in Tacoma, WA and what would I do, schedule a meeting with the City of Tacoma Chief of Police??

You can do Chief of Police, but as they are "appointed" so generally they are not the most gun friendly. Most people go with the Sheriff. Basically, all they are signing for is saying that it is legal for you to own in their jurisdiction. It's not an approval, or rather it's not supposed to be.

I don't understand making a SBR in wa when you can carry your AR pistol, with a sig brace, loaded in your car and not a sbr.
I can think of other things to do with $200 than give it to the gov
Then you don't bring the popo into your world when they don't need to be there

Should of been in the NFA section, BUT

The Sheriff is probably your best bet, and you can't use a deputy, it has the be the guy or gal that was elected to the position.

You can also form a trust for a little extra and never have to go meet the Sheriff, submit photos, or fingerprints. Though the trust thing is under scrutiny right now and may cease to exist in its current state in years to come I still submit mine as a trust. Also, SBR'ing the pistol/rifle/whatever it is now allows you to stick fore-grips up front and stuff.

Should of been in the NFA section, BUT

The Sheriff is probably your best bet, and you can't use a deputy, it has the be the guy or gal that was elected to the position.

You can also form a trust for a little extra and never have to go meet the Sheriff, submit photos, or fingerprints. Though the trust thing is under scrutiny right now and may cease to exist in its current state in years to come I still submit mine as a trust. Also, SBR'ing the pistol/rifle/whatever it is now allows you to stick fore-grips up front and stuff.
Incorrect, it doesn't have to be the actual Sherriff. It can be an appointee. I've had Washington County Sherriff watch commanders sign off several.

Have you tried an AR pistol? Recoil is so light on them that you don't really need a stock at all. Even without the wrist brace it's very comfortable and controllable as long as you have a padded buffer tube (Try the brace though!). As mjbskwim says, the pistol is so much more convenient. You can loan it to a friend, take it across state lines and sell it without permission from Big Brother.

"You can loan it to a friend, take it across state lines and sell it without permission from Big Brother."
Well that rules out a SBR for me for sure,cause I build ARs and get bored with 'em an sell,build ,get board ,sell............

You can sell, and transport the firearm where ever as long as it's not an SBR during the process. So if you want to get rid of the lower, you can throw a 16" upper on it and sell it without any paperwork, or just sell the lower sans SBR upper. A phone call to the ATF would also remove the firearm from the registry.

You only have to do the stamp-transfer if you are selling the firearm as an SBR. If it sells as a rifle then it doesn't matter. The new owner would then need to re-engrave and send off another 200$ stamp.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top