JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just caught another lie from him. He said that the "Gun Industry" had a marketing term called "Assualt Rifle" before the Clinton ban and dropped that marketing term after the ban. THE WAS NEVER ANY MARKETING TERM OF ASSAULT RIFLE EVER!

You sure? 'Cause this kind of looks like marketing:

1623096879084.png

Or maybe you prefer this one:

1623097033585.png

I don't understand why this is a sticking point or why this matters. "Assault Rifle" is a made up term. It was made up to sell rifles. Who cares?

If anything, gun owners should jump on this fact: Yes, the gun industry and marketing teams *made up* a word in an attempt to sell products. It doesn't accurately describe anything that could be considered a legislative class of weapon because *it's made up.* So why use it, then, in legislation?

It's the gun marketing equivalent of Sport Utility Vehicle.

You sure? 'Cause this kind of looks like marketing:

View attachment 900600

Or maybe you prefer this one:

View attachment 900602

I don't understand why this is a sticking point or why this matters. "Assault Rifle" is a made up term. It was made up to sell rifles. Who cares?

If anything, gun owners should jump on this fact: Yes, the gun industry and marketing teams *made up* a word in an attempt to sell products. It doesn't accurately describe anything that could be considered a legislative class of weapon because *it's made up.* So why use it, then, in legislation?

It's the gun marketing equivalent of Sport Utility Vehicle.
Curiously it is kind of the opposite with SUV's, as they were created because of legislation.

Laws were put in place in the 70's because of the oil crisis in regards to passenger vehicle fuel economy and such that made things like the then super-popular Station Wagon's very hard to manufacture economically while meeting those requirements. However, work vehicles, meaning trucks and van's did not have those restrictions, so they started making Mini-van's and SUV's to get around the new laws. So an entire class of popular, and slightly more fuel efficient vehicles (Station Wagon's) were indirectly legislated out of existence, and Mini-van's and SUV's were indirectly legislated into existence.

This got tedious... as ATF honcho he can't MAKE law. We get it.

How 'bout endless revisions, Chipman?

How 'bout bending to the whims of administration flunkies who happen to propose changes you agree with?

How 'bout minting new felons out of thin air?

How 'bout that unwillingness to define AWs and deferring to the policy geniuses in congress, but being eager to suggest fundamentally changing the NFA? Gots helpful suggestions on what new stuff to criminalize and everything!

How 'bout that, Chippie?

How 'bout that, senators?

Last Edited:
Curiously it is kind of the opposite with SUV's, as they were created because of legislation.

Laws were put in place in the 70's because of the oil crisis in regards to passenger vehicle fuel economy and such that made things like the then super-popular Station Wagon's very hard to manufacture economically while meeting those requirements. However, work vehicles, meaning trucks and van's did not have those restrictions, so they started making Mini-van's and SUV's to get around the new laws. So an entire class of popular, and slightly more fuel efficient vehicles (Station Wagon's) were indirectly legislated out of existence, and Mini-van's and SUV's were indirectly legislated into existence.

Those are good points. I was more thinking along these lines:

An SUV is...well it's a 2-wheel drive vehicle...or AWD...or 4-wheel drive,
well it's built on a car frame...or a truck frame,
well it's got 4 doors...or 2 doors,
well it's got a fuel efficient 4 cylinder engine...or a 6 cyl...or an 8 cyl...

You see what I mean? The SUV is whatever a marketer wants it to be...thus, it's useless from a legislative perspective.

Did you notice that he conflated the terms Assault Weapon and Assault Rifle? Any honest person properly informed on the subject would have corrected themselves immediately or more likely never done it in the first place.

Part of one of the "Assault Rifle" definitions that he quoted included the term "over 22 caliber". He should be familiar enough with firearms to know that 22 LR is .224 caliber. Did he ignore that, or not know it? Either way, that's not a good look.

On "Silencers" :s0140:

Does he really need to thank him for every question he's asked. this is like a skit for SNL. One of the ones that you never liked.
I took it as a tactic to buy time to form an answer.

Is there any possible way you can trust a person that says "UM" so many times? :confused: How in God's Name do these people get high positions in the United States Government!? Dood's been to the "Joe Biden school of public speaking"!

To get to the advanced higher "um" levels in the world of apparatchiks, they first must practice with the "mmmggmmpohhh, slurp, slorp, mmmggnnthhh" while on their knees until they can do it without gagging or making a mess on their political boss's shoes or expensive carpet….. then they slowly move up into the "um" stage.

I'm sure his jaw is pretty tired.

[h3][/h3]

To get to the advanced higher "um" levels in the world of apparatchiks, they first must practice with the "mmmggmmpohhh, slurp, slorp, mmmggnnthhh" while on their knees until they can do it without gagging or making a mess on their political boss's shoes or expensive carpet….. then they slowly move up into the "um" stage.

[h3][/h3]
And all the while, not getting any slurp overflow on his expensive Gov. issue Fed. suit!
I bet that suit cost the tax payers a whole $197.95 at Feds-R-Us!

Is there any possible way you can trust a person that says "UM" so many times? :confused: How in God's Name do these people get high positions in the United States Government!? Dood's been to the "Joe Biden school of public speaking"!

To be fair, I've done a few technical talks and, during a replay of the recording, been appalled at the number of times I said "um". To be fair to me, a lot of those were while I was typing and talking at the same time, reading my class notes or trying to remember some technical term I never use. And it's the last thing I ever remember to address when I'm preparing for a talk. I can only imagine how poorly I'd do in front of the nation with a bunch of politicians going after me.

That said, I think the guy is a terd and wouldn't put him in charge of shoveling my driveway.

To be fair, I've done a few technical talks and, during a replay of the recording, been appalled at the number of times I said "um". To be fair to me, a lot of those were while I was typing and talking at the same time, reading my class notes or trying to remember some technical term I never use. And it's the last thing I ever remember to address when I'm preparing for a talk. I can only imagine how poorly I'd do in front of the nation with a bunch of politicians going after me.

That said, I think the guy is a terd and wouldn't put him in charge of shoveling my driveway.
Not saying you...

Many, many people are terrified of public speaking - and just like any high adrenaline activity, there's a sort of time dilation that makes 1 second feel like 10 to you.

So, you fill the time with "ums" when really, it's just a second or two. No one will mind the silence. As a great example of this, check out Paul Harrell's YouTube videos and the Charisma On Command YouTube channel. Toastmasters is a professional club allowing you to practice as well.

Not saying you...

Many, many people are terrified of public speaking - and just like any high adrenaline activity, there's a sort of time dilation that makes 1 second feel like 10 to you.

So, you fill the time with "ums" when really, it's just a second or two. No one will mind the silence. As a great example of this, check out Paul Harrell's YouTube videos and the Charisma On Command YouTube channel. Toastmasters is a professional club allowing you to practice as well.
I'm pretty comfortable around the groups I usually address and I still say "um" way more often than I like. If I did talks more often I'd probably work harder at it. I think I was mostly saying give the guy a break on the ums, hang him for his appalling anti 2nd Amendment rhetoric.

To get to the advanced higher "um" levels in the world of apparatchiks,
I like learning new words! Even if I can only guess the pronunciation.

Some how I expect people in this guys position to speak better. Hell, even Donald Trump didn't do what Chipman did! But Donald didn't seem to mind saying dumb stuff. 🤷

Last Edited:
I like learning new words! Even if I can only guess the pronunciation.

Some how I expect people in this guys position to speak better. Hell, even Donald Trump didn't do what Chipman did! But Donald didn't seem to mind saying dumb stuff. 🤷

"App-ah-rat-chick"….. basically boiled down thusly: a toady "yes-man" for communist elites, hoping to gain favor, status, and the "table scraps" of his overlords at the expense of his fellow human beings…. An "Igor" if you will.

"App-ah-rat-chick"….. basically boiled down thusly: a toady "yes-man" for communist elites, hoping to gain favor, status, and the "table scraps" of his overlords at the expense of his fellow human beings…. An "Igor" if you will.
I look bubblegum up if I don't know what it means! I also look up words to make sure I'm using them properly. I didn't do too well in school ya' know.

It's pronounced "Eye-Gor
6531E414-01BC-4E81-BE0E-FD3537A604F1.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews