JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a feeling things are going to get really ugly if Georgia goes blue. Dems in controll of both legislative branches and thw Whitehouse??? Scary. I myself am partial to a divided congress. The less they can accomplish the less the people get screwed. I don't feel either side has the best intrest of the USA in mind.

A while back I was talking to a fellow union member and Obamacare came up, and he ACTUALLY blamed republicans for how crappy it is and how they sabotaged it when it was being drafted.

I reminded him that republican committee members were actually physically locked out of the room during the entire process and the legislation received ZERO republican votes in congress and the senate before Obama signed it into law.

The cognitive dissonance response and eye rolling rivaled some July 4th displays..... :s0140:

"Not only were Republican senators deeply involved in the process up until its conclusion, but it's a cinch that the ACA might have become law months earlier if the Democrats, hoping for a bipartisan bill, hadn't spent enormous time and effort wooing GOP senators — only to find themselves gulled by false promises of cooperation. And unlike Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's semi-secret proceedings that involved only a handful of trusted colleagues, Obamacare, until the very end of the process, was open to public scrutiny."

USA Today
August 1, 2017

Bear in mind that in general, the POTUS does not make laws, Congress does. It is the GOP in the Senate that will at least try to protect us from new gun control laws, not the POTUS. It is also the courts, which now have more conservative 2A friendly judges.

Bear in mind that in general, the POTUS does not make laws, Congress does. It is the GOP in the Senate that will at least try to protect us from new gun

Indeed. Hopefully the GOP retains Senate control so things will stay nicely gridlocked until the midterms. At which point in time it is entirely possible the anti-2A crew will lose more seats.

"Not only were Republican senators deeply involved in the process up until its conclusion, but it's a cinch that the ACA might have become law months earlier if the Democrats, hoping for a bipartisan bill, hadn't spent enormous time and effort wooing GOP senators — only to find themselves gulled by false promises of cooperation. And unlike Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's semi-secret proceedings that involved only a handful of trusted colleagues, Obamacare, until the very end of the process, was open to public scrutiny."

USA Today
August 1, 2017

If USA Today says so then it MUST be true... :rolleyes:

Nevermind video showing republican committee members standing outside locked doors and not being let into the committee proceedings.

Besides, even if everything is false theater and there was actually bipartisan cooperation behind the scenes (which wouldn't surprise me actually) the legislation was passed and signed into law without ONE Republican voting for it... the DNC owns it.

BTW- I'm neither a Dem or a Rep. ;)

Anyway.... back on topic. :rolleyes:

We had a chance to defund the ATF it was on her campaign Jo Jorgeson
Let's be honest, it was less than a snowball's chance in a very warm place.

I'm curious if you ever heard of Unity2020? It was a small movement hoping to get a combined ticket that would act more like a third party - something like a Tulsi Gabbard + Dan Crenshaw ticket. It wasn't such a different strategy than what we started the country with and maybe there is some merit to ending the oligarchy this way...

But, they had their Twitter account permanently banned for...not being a part of the system. And that is the problem: you now have tech giants actively shutting down any movement that is not establishment politics.

I'm seeing a pretty bleak future: whereby all politics is nothing to the common man because it's all establishment, no matter what side you choose. and with information streams actively supporting such a system...it's going to be tough to change. At some point, gun owners will no longer be a worthwhile constituency and, at that point, there will no longer be any party for us.

USA Today
August 1, 2017
Really!
Then why did Pelosi say You have to pass it in order to see what's in it? Was that what they meant by transparency?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top