JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where in the laws relevant to this, are shoulder stocks slavishly defined and laid out as detailed as possible? Because I do not see such things.

Only that intended/designed to be fired from the shoulder versus designed to be fired by a single hand for firearms under GCA1968 and NFA only defines firearms as any of the following;

Short barreled rifles
designed to be fired from shoulder
Under 16" barrel

Short barreled shotguns
designed to be fired from shoulder
Under 18" barrel

Any Other Weapon
made from a rifle or shotgun or pistol
Concealable( held by ATF to be less than 26" OAL)
May have Two vertical grips

Maybe a few other things?

Destructive Device
bore greater than .50 inches, and rifled, not counting shotguns
Any and all artillery pieces not demilled, and not based on blackpowder antiques (no idea if replicas are counted?)
Antipersonnel rounds for 37mm/40mm launchers makes launchers and ammo D.D.s
Firearm (a "none of the above", not even "any other weapon")
Smooth bore, under 18" barrel, more than 26" overall length, no stock.
An example of a "firearm" is the Mossberg Shockwave.

When are you gonna get a new avatar? I'm getting stressed out with just the big "S". It's so unlike you...
I vote for this one.

49386814948_95df47919a_o.png

Firearm (a "none of the above", not even "any other weapon")
Smooth bore, under 18" barrel, more than 26" overall length, no stock.
An example of a "firearm" is the Mossberg Shockwave.
Troy has a 12.5" bbl, >26" OAL AR15 Title 1"other firearm" with no stock, and this is the same needle that the original 1927A5 Thompson pistols threaded by mounting longer barrels to get above 26" so they could keep the signature vertical foregrip. (Today's TA5 uses the 10.5" SBR/SMG barrel, so VFG's are No Bueno.)

Technically my 12" barreled 6.5 Grendel AR firearm falls in the "not an AOW firearm" and could be considered a GCA Firearm as opoosed to a "pistol" but... remember, the 26" threshhold is really about concealability :rolleyes: with regards to the AOW class.. so its more a "not concealable pistol" than a "firearm that doesn't meet the definition of a pistol/rifle/shotgun" :rolleyes:

New braced pistol test. The determination test for pistols with braces starts off by stating that the test applies to firearms that are between 12 and 26 inches in overall length (accessories are not included in length measurement). What would be the shortest length barrel that could be used on an AR15 with carbine extension tube and stay above 26 in oal?

New braced pistol test. The determination test for pistols with braces starts off by stating that the test applies to firearms that are between 12 and 26 inches in overall length (accessories are not included in length measurement). What would be the shortest length barrel that could be used on an AR15 with carbine extension tube and stay above 26 in oal?
Is that in writing

Just measuring from the shortest buffer tube to the chamber is 12" on my AR-15

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads