JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this is my first suppressor and I've been seeing the Form 4 wait times at 9+ months. I submitted my Form 4 paper copy early last month (May). I just checked my bank account and the ATF cashed my check 06/12/2014! I was told that once the check gets cashed its a 1-2 month wait. If that was true, purchase to approval (I hope) would have been 2.5 months. Can anyone here give me more info on this part of the process?

I hate to rain on your parade....but you may have heard 1-2 months to go "pending" status. Sounds like you have a bit of a wait ahead of you.

Here's a handy website to keep tabs on wait times:
<broken link removed>

Thanks for the link, that does help. I'm not getting my hopes up, though those wait times don't look as bad as I expected. I also have a couple of friends who submitted their forms over 3 months before me and are still waiting for their checks to be cashed.

Here's how it works,

You send in your stuff and they cash your check right away.
Then you try to stop thinking about it, and every time you do, time goes slower.

There will be some merciful days when you forget to think about it. But then you will start obsessing on the wait and that'll make up for those 'missed' days.

You will visit the NFA tracker site WAY more than you should, and will study the photos and blueprints of your can until you know it better than your wife or girlfriend. The tracker graph may become your computer's desktop wallpaper.

About six months in, you think you're gonna die and wish you never started this whole thing, but you somehow live, anyway. About this time you will have a bunch of screen shots of the bar graphs showing "35% of people have their stamps by now."

Then about the 8th month you are wondering why it doesn't get any easier, because it seems worse than ever. This continues unabated, until finally you get the call. Your stamp is here.

For me that was 10 1/2 months from start to finish. Good luck. ;)

Thanks everyone for the information. I guess I'll just try to put it out of my mind (as though that is going to happen) and start playing the waiting game. Maybe if I buy a new gun that will take my mind off it for awhile. Only one way to find out.

I like that this site exists, but the recent downward trajectory seems fishy to me. I know more than a few people that have experienced 10+ month wait times and got their stamp recently. Me thinks the chart should show a reversal of fortunes soon.

Part of the reason for the downward trend is that NFA branch hired more people, are working overtime, and are working weekends and holidays.

I tell everyone its a year plus from the time you buy the NFA iteam to the day you actually get to take it home

Never buy from one dealer and have him send it your FFL. that adds 3 months. find a dealer in your state that has what you want. even if its a six hour drive. six hours is less then 3 months

I tell everyone its a year plus from the time you buy the NFA iteam to the day you actually get to take it home

Never buy from one dealer and have him send it your FFL. that adds 3 months. find a dealer in your state that has what you want. even if its a six hour drive. six hours is less then 3 months

:s0101:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads