JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ATF: In-Home inspections are just one of the many services we offer!
Posted on August 2, 2011 by Brad Kozak
You gotta hand it to those overachievers at the ATF(E and sometimes RBFs). Up to their butts in alligators over Fast & Furious, called in to investigate a local law enforcement peccadillo, and yet they still find time to reach out and touch someone(s). In this case, the someones would be those buyers who made the faux pas of buying more than one gun inside a five-day period. So how does this new Community Outreach Program work? Let's check in for the exclusive from PrisonPlanet.com and see . . .

So let's say you have a cordial, long-standing relationship with your local sporting goods emporium. You buy all your stuff there – guns, ammo, supplies. Been dealing with them for years. Over the decades, you're into them for some serious coin, and they know it. Which is why, as one of their best customers, you're treated like family. (Not like MY family mind you – but "family" in the Norman Rockwell sense of the word.)
You buy that 30.06 you've had your eye on for a while. Later that week, you get to thinking that it might be a good idea to check out those series 4 Glocks for home defense. Can't be too careful. So you buy one. No worries, you hand over your CHL and the store does another instant check, which you pass with flying colors. You head home. A few days later, you get a knock at your door.
A couple of guys that look as if they stepped right out of Men in Black greet you from behind their Ray Bans. They're from the ATF, and have some questions for you as to why you bought more than one firearm in such a short period of time. You wonder, "why are these guys bothering me, an upstanding citizen?" This thought is followed shortly thereafter by "What business is it of theirs how many guns I buy – or own," and "How in the Sam Hill did they know about my recent gun purchases?"
How did they know? Well, according to our compadres at PrisonPlanet.com, the ATF is putting the screws to your friendly neighborhood gun dealer, and forcing him to rat you out.
According to several gun dealers in Austin as well as one of our own staff members, the ATF is visiting people's homes, demanding to be allowed inside without a warrant, and implying that gun owners could be terrorists for purchasing two or more firearms at a time.

Nice. Warrantless, forced/coerced searches. Intimidation. Threats. All in day's work over at Jackbooted Thugs ‘R' Us, but the home delivery angle is a new wrinkle. The "softer side" of the ATF? Hardly. Here's the kicker:
This is all based on a directive from the federal government that is completely outside of the law and unconstitutional. The law that would have required gun dealers in border states to report sales of two or more semi-automatic rifles to the ATF was "stripped entirely from the text of the regulation" when it came up for a vote in Congress on April 15, but as part of the Obama administration's dictatorial zeal to accomplish its agenda outside of the law, the program is going ahead anyway.
The federal government is enforcing a law that was never passed.
If you'd like to lay your peepers on the letter going out to the gun dealers, head on over to PrisonPlanet, where they have links to the PDF. If this doesn't scare the pants off you/make you angry/agree that the ATF has got to go, then you're not paying attention.

I'm sorry, did you say you had a warrant? No? well I'm sorry I don't feel like letting you violate my civil rights today. What? you say its part of what law? Do you bother to read the laws before you try to enforce them? That law you are quoting, It does not say what you think it says. I'm sorry - you are the weakest link - good bye.

First, why are you opening your door.

Second, any legitimate cop doesn't mind if you call 911 to check them out.

Third, pick a fence post and do the sit and spin.

Fourth, I have nothing to say. At all.

Actually this entire scenario is pure BS. Now, if you were to buy two handguns, it could take place. Or, if you live in one of the four border states & buy two long guns, it could happen. I think that sucks, but at least know what you are talking about, so you don't have to fabricate something that doesn't exist.

from the OP: "According to several gun dealers in Austin"... This leads me to believe that the original article was written by a Texan, who would be living in one of the four "border" states.

And it is still wrong, regardless...

Actually this entire scenario is pure BS. Now, if you were to buy two handguns, it could take place. Or, if you live in one of the four border states & buy two long guns, it could happen. I think that sucks, but at least know what you are talking about, so you don't have to fabricate something that doesn't exist.

We shouldn't be put through the ringer even IF we purchase two or more handguns!

Say you have 2 sons and buy each a hunting rifle for CHRISTMAS, that makes you suspect and the TFA will be at your door in due course

Prior to 9-11 the ATF had burned, beaten, shot and in other ways killed more US citizens in a single, or multible planed and organized incident(s) than any other force on US soil in the preceeding 50 years.
Since 9-11 the ATF has used millions of tax dollars to smuggle arms to Cartels and Terrorists

Prior to 9-11 the ATF had burned, beaten, shot and in other ways killed more US citizens in a single, or multible planed and organized incident(s) than any other force on US soil in the preceeding 50 years.
Since 9-11 the ATF has used millions of tax dollars to smuggle arms to Cartels and Terrorists

Do you know this for a fact? And yes there are MANY government agencies which use monies that aren't their own to accopmlish goals that aren't its people's!

I'm actually not surprised at all by that.

so, last year i went to my local gun store, and had my eye on a small sub nose job. I decided to get it, while i was there i saw a auto i thought looked cool, and had good reviews form my peers and magazines and such. so 5 days later i went back and bought it too. the dealer remembered me and was asked when exactly i had bought that revolver, and checked his records, it had been less than a week (not sure if 7 days or 5 working days was interpreted), so he had to fill out some special atf paper not sure if he called that one in separate or not , in addition to my background check. if i had known this sort of thing was happening i would have just waited a few more days to go back and not been a squeeky wheel.

If you're stupid enough to let the cops into your home to search it without a warrant, I have precious little sympathy for what happens to you. -PSGWSP

But this has been going round the internets for a few weeks now and I haven't seen much in the way of any verification. -Prison Planet is about as reliable as the Weekly World.

I'm not sure that "Jack-Booted Thugs are Us" will knock on your door. I believe that their modus operandi is to smash their way into your home and leave a bunch of wreckage behind. I further believe that it does happen a lot.
A few years back, a gang of these Black Shirts came to Eagle Point (a local town) to arrest somebody. They went to the Eagle Point Chief of Police and outlined their nefarious scheme. "OK, half of us will go around back and half of us will stay here in the front. Now, everybody synchronize your watches. At exactly blank hour, we'll smash our way in from both directions."
However, the Chief said "Wait a minute! Lets go knock at the front door, first! Let's give him a chance to surrender peacefully."
And, that was how it went down! They knocked on the door, the suspect answered and was take into custody with NO shooting or destructive vandalism which is so common with these trigger-happy cowboys.
Afterwards, while they were being interviewed by reporters from the local paper (Medford Mail Tribune), they said that they couldn't believe that it could be done that way (I can't remember exactly how it was done, but this is the gist of it. I could research the story again in the paper's morgue, I guess.). This story was reported in the paper at that time and I read it.
So, I would not expect any Federal Goon squad to knock. they will probably shoot first and ask questions later!
Those of you who are so enamored of the BATFE should make a list of all of your guns complete with serial numbers and send them in to this agency. It might save them some work and time in the future!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top