JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Live Action Role Players ? Truly a terrifying force of unwashed foam weapon weilding, basement dwelling nerds :rolleyes::p:p:p
Sorry, Air Force dude, so Army lingo aint in my vocabulary! Long Range Patrol is what i was refering to!
In the A.F. we would send Ol' Sparky or Rivit Joint to keep watch, along with a couple F-15s to keep folks from getting froggy!

If you are referring to the Rajneeshees, that was Antelope in Wasco County. Netflix released a 6 part documentary earlier this year. https://www.netflix.com/title/80145240

This was a most excellent series; highly recommended. (We used to live in Gilliam County, but the wife taught school in Wheeler County. Many a time we drove through Antelope to the "the city". We really enjoyed the time in that part of the world. :))

Another serious move to get Mexico to play ball:
Close the border both ways, no shippments of foodstuffs, or any other products north, no tourists south, no migrants north, no aid south! Lock the damn border down tight, post armed National Guard troups with Rifles on the damn border and stop all movent, fail to stop and the the bodies start to pile up and rot!
Turn it into a feast for crows says me!
Won't work. The American leftist support poverty. They support the cartels whether knowingly or not. Democrats don't mind spilling blood it just has to be the right blood.

Seriously. First take a year or two building the case of the cartels being macho homophobic killers and really really mean. So far all the truths about them raping little girls. beheading, extortion has fallen on deaf American ears.

Unlike the middle east, Mexico is binocular close. The people calling for blood might have to see it. I hope Trump doesn't pull an Obama and draw a line in the sand. He better chose his words wisely.

Im just gonna drop a name here and leave it at that!

Eric Prince!

If you dont already know who this is, time to excercize your Google-fu! :s0140:
Careful, the rabbit hole goes deep!

Long Range Recon Patrol... believe @AndyinEverson has more knowledge and experience with this? :)

Yep...
I was in several LRRP / LRSD units ( Peace time and in Combat )
We did a lot of reconnaissance missions , bomb damage assessment and "direct action" types of missions .
( sniping , long range ambush , prisoner taking , calling in of air strikes etc...)

Working and surviving behind enemy lines requires lots of training and a very open mind as well as out of the box thinking...
Unfortunately the Army did away with LRRP / LRSD units in 2015....:oops:
Andy

These Mormon of-shoot sects tend to trade their daughters off to much older men when they are old enough to menstruate. They need to increase the numbers of their group of course. That pretty little blonde holding the twins in the video could be 13-14 years old. I got nothin' against multiple wives as long all parties are fully cognizant of the situation and agree with it. When you're born into a lot of those groups you're brain washed to believe some creepy arsed stuff. You grow up believing it's a normal thing to be treated and bred like live stock.

Same thing holds true for those refugees I mentioned. What I question is why it is ok for them??? If society has a problem with such behavior, why is it ok for certain populations and not others???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm???????

Same thing holds true for those refugees I mentioned. What I question is why it is ok for them??? If society has a problem with such behavior, why is it ok for certain populations and not others???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm???????

:s0076: I dunno'

Follow up - from someone living in Mexico

Scroll down, it's Fred's second story. Mormonicide

Polygamy should be legal, and shouldn't matter when it comes to a drug cartel murdering people.

Well said. And from an anthropological perspective, polygyny is quite common among human populations; most assuredly historically, but also in the present period. According to the Ethnographic Atlas Codebook, of the 1,231 contemporary societies so recorded, 186 were primarily monogamous (one man, one woman). 453 had occasional polygyny (one man, more than one woman), 588 had more frequent polygyny, and 4 had polyandry (one woman, more than one man) as forms of marital unions. It is all rather fascinating. Or I as I would put it, ever so wacky.

Try living it, it may sound like a lot of fun, but I can tell you, a few naty hens can really grind your mental gears! :s0107:

Historically, Polygyny was for multiple females to be under the protection of One strong warrior/hunter type who would protect them, feed them, provide for their needs, and in return, they would provide him with male offspring, care for their dwelling, cook and prepare the food, and raise his children!
Somehow, that got changed through time into some kind of sin, where Historically, it was neither a sin, or even a bad thing to have more then one wife! I'm not saying its good or bad, but that it has been done that way for millions of years, and just with in the last few centuries has that been changed by simple minded and prudish dolts who think they know better what and how of the world, AND, I blame the churches/religions for a lot of this!

Well said. And from an anthropological perspective, polygyny is quite common among human populations; most assuredly historically, but also in the present period. According to the Ethnographic Atlas Codebook, of the 1,231 contemporary societies so recorded, 186 were primarily monogamous (one man, one woman). 453 had occasional polygyny (one man, more than one woman), 588 had more frequent polygyny, and 4 had polyandry (one woman, more than one man) as forms of marital unions. It is all rather fascinating. Or I as I would put it, ever so wacky.
Try living it, it may sound like a lot of fun, but I can tell you, a few naty hens can really grind your mental gears! :s0107:

Historically, Polygyny was for multiple females to be under the protection of One strong warrior/hunter type who would protect them, feed them, provide for their needs, and in return, they would provide him with male offspring, care for their dwelling, cook and prepare the food, and raise his children!
Somehow, that got changed through time into some kind of sin, where Historically, it was neither a sin, or even a bad thing to have more then one wife! I'm not saying its good or bad, but that it has been done that way for millions of years, and just with in the last few centuries has that been changed by simple minded and prudish dolts who think they know better what and how of the world, AND, I blame the churches/religions for a lot of this!

This is still common in the USA today. How many men have children with multiple woman? Many.
Being "married" to them is a different story. Having mistress' / affairs / multiple girl friends is not uncommon.

Is serial monogamy the same (married to one at a time, then after a breakup on to the next) ? In effect a mans seed gets spread around which may be beneficial to his line. In other cases a man ends up raising an others children.

As for me, I have enough challenges keeping one happy.

I would not want to be married to a man who wanted more than one wife or wanted to have other females on the side. Olden days or in modern times. NO thank you!

I would feel the same way if I was not a Christian too.

Most women that I personally know would NOT want to share their home or homestead with other women.

Women like to rule their own homes in their own female ways. That goes for most men when it comes to their homes too.

(I believe that women and men are DIFFERENT in specific ways, many ways, and not only physically. They think differently in some things even if they both work outside of the home or if one person stays home. Children or no children!)

I don't care if other people want to do that in or out of their religion or lack thereof. Their choice not mine.

I know that people get divorced and some of them remarry. Males and females. Some of them never remarry too.

I never thought that I would remarry after being a widow and being married to my late husband for a LONG time. I had a very happy marriage and he was literally my soul mate for lack of a better word or getting too MUSHY or sentimental here. We were only married to each other and he was 5 years older than me. He was my BEST friend and tons more. NO one could ever fill his shoes/boots and I don't expect that in my MT husband either.

I did remarry but I gave it very serious thought. Pros and cons. I did not enter into a marriage at an older age willy nilly. My MT husband did not either. He is a Christian too.

I wonder if all of those multiple Mormon wives, modern times, had prenuptial agreements with their ONE husband at any age? Plus how many children do each of them plan on having? How do they figure out their budgets and household chores? Who chooses what PAINT COLOR they want or type of furniture or china or whatever in their homes? Do they have small homes and one big house or only one BIG HOUSE?

Does the MAN only do the outside work - JOB, bring in the money, and share his bed to breed x amount of children per wife?! Do they even use birth control?

One group had home based businesses. I can't think of the name of that off shoot Mormon group now.

Man alive! I could never be in that type of marriage in HISTORICAL times or in this day and age!

I am the LADY of my home. My MT husband is the gentleman of our home.

I am VERY old fashioned and I like things done MY way in my home not some way that some other woman wants it from a to z!

I figured out how to make a happy home with my late husband even when he was dying of cancer in our home that we built together. Vice versa.

I try to do the same thing with my MT husband. Vice versa. We split up some 'chores' even though we are old and retired. He does his thing and I do my thing yet we do things together.

Any marriage is give and take and you have to compromise in some things. NO two people always think alike even if they are extremely close! It is hard enough to do this with one spouse sometimes so I can't imagine doing this with a BUNCH OF OTHER WOMEN in my home! LOL

Old Lady Cate

Follow up - from someone living in Mexico

Scroll down, it's Fred's second story. Mormonicide

I used to read FRED on and off.

Thanks for the updated link.

I saw something about the water wells elsewhere too.

Cate

Side note:

If the off shoot Mormons and other people, in and/or out of ANY religion or belief system, are not allowed to be in multiple marriages legally in the US of A - how can one specific religion (Islam) allow it in Michigan and in other states here in this country?

They get married by their leader and have MANY children and if the man aka husband can't afford to CARE FOR ALL OF THEM - the U.S. TAXPAYER pays for the wife and children on WELFARE!

Some of us have mentioned this here on THIS thread too.

I did read that some off shoot branches of other religions had some people who were collecting welfare and other BIG benefits in the past too. It was all over the national news when the one leader went to trial several years ago. They had home based businesses BUT they did not make enough money for their old and very young brides and all of their children.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads