Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Astra A-100 45 ACP

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tcs#1, Jan 2, 2013.

1. tcs#1

tcs#1 oregon Member

I inherited this gun back in 2011 and didn't think much of it at the time...I just put it away with the others as a reminder of an old friend

Made in Spain It looks like a Sig Compact and I recently decided to take it out to the range and try it out, I was Impressed! With Fiocchi 230 gr FMJs it tore the center out of the target (10 Yds) I had a couple of boxes of Misc. ammo that I found in the estate, both FMJ and HPs and they too fed, fired and tore the center out...Then a friend of mine gave me a box of cast loads and again, no issues and accurate

I loaded up 25 rnds each, Berry's 230gr RN plated and 25 hard cast 230 gr RN using the LEE Deluxe dies/ WLP primers and 5.5 gr. of W231 all of them fed without a hitch and shot accurate, (and I never cleaned this gun after the 1st 200 rnds I shot thru it)

I now have 500 pieces of brass and cast bullets and I'm loading up for this one... it is definitely a shooter and not just a keeper

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Yep, good pistol and pretty accurate.

3. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

Too bad you found out how nice a gun they are... I was going to offer $200 and see if you were sufficiently uninformed enough to bite. :laugh:

They're keepers and shooters, but if you ever want to sell it...

;)

4. tcs#1

tcs#1 oregon Member

I could not sell this as it was my friends, Even if it didn't shoot I would keep it, I also inherited a little Savage 340 in 30-30 that is practically brand new that I have not shot yet

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had an Astra 6" .357 revolver that was my only center fire handgun for about ten years. It was very accurate, shooting with my pals similar US made revolvers and it really took a licking! Loved that old, cheap azzed gun! It's nice to have a firearm that belonged to a lost friend. It's a little like he's at the range with you.

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wifes carry gun is an Astra A90. 9mm 18+1 steel frame DA/SA with all the bells ans whistles. Whats not to like.

7. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

I have the Astra A-75 in 40 cal will eat anything you feed it.