JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a vortex 3x magnifier on my Kriss vector I had a sig Romeo on there and it was completely blurry. I got a vortex strike fire and put the green dot on and it was the clearest circle I have ever seen with my screwed up eyes. I got rid of it and got a green Trijicon mro and put that on. It's all screwed up and blurry for me. What is it about the vortex Strikefire that works for my screwed up eyes. I would like to get something with a smaller moa dot than the Strikefire but ya not really sure what to do here. Any advice is appreciated

No but I was under the impression that corrective lense will make the reticle look good but when you look down range at the target it will be blurry af.
I went ahead and ordered a green eotech today. I looked at one magnified at sportsman's today in red and it seemed better. I was still kind of seeing doubles on the center dot but I'm hoping it will be better in green and it honestly didn't look too terrible. The rest of the reticle did seem a little pixelated but I can live wit it if my center dot looks somewhat sharp

No but I was under the impression that corrective lense will make the reticle look good but when you look down range at the target it will be blurry af.
I went ahead and ordered a green eotech today. I looked at one magnified at sportsman's today in red and it seemed better. I was still kind of seeing doubles on the center dot but I'm hoping it will be better in green and it honestly didn't look too terrible. The rest of the reticle did seem a little pixelated but I can live wit it if my center dot looks somewhat sharp
Did you adjust the eyepiece to focus correctly with your eye?

Depends on the type of corrective lenses! I wear Ultra Long Distance lenses which I find make for the best combo of sight acquisition, as long as any sights are about 24 inches or further away from my eyes! Sucks for up close things like reading, but that's what cheaters are for! Mine also correct astigmatism quite well, especially at dawn and dusk when I had the most trouble, and they are awesome! Bonus is they work really well with Optics like Binos and N.O.D! :cool:

I have a slight one which is corrected with my contacts, but I still have to be picky with my red dots. I cannot use an Eotech period, they look overly pixleated and washed out. Ive had great luck with Holosun as well as Bushnell TRS25s. True 1x glass "red dots" witg etched reticles are awesome for me also.
Everyone is different tho, youll need to try out a bunch and see what works for you.

That kind of slather doesn't get much response around here, so you know.

I have Eotechs, Aimpoints, and Holosuns.
My Eotech magnifier works with all, excellently.
I do have astigmatism

IMHO, Holosun (green) is superior to Eotech. Hands down.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads