JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had missed the 1300' asteroid that is supposed to nearly miss earth on Tuesday. News articles say that this large mass will travel between the earth and the moon. Experts say not to worry, because the chances of it impacting earth is "nill". It just got me thinking that this would be the exact same thing we would hear if impact was imminent. I guess that is why we should always be prepared. Never know what the threat might be, or when it might present itself. Stay safe.

According to the info on JPL's website, there is an "uncertainty" rating of 2 (0 being "good" and 10 being "goodbye") on Earth impact; and the margin of error on their time calculation says it's less than one minute. Given that the estimated approach distance is 201,700 miles, and earth travels through space at... Oh, bubblegummit, these are the same guys that miscalculated the metric conversion for a billion dollar spacecraft and crashed it into Mars... I'm worried...

being a literalist, pre-millenialist christian, i find myself incapable of worrying.

interesting, though... i'm not aware of anything this big passing this close for as long as we've been paying attention

Not too worried, but Ill be playng MW3 all day long since I took Tuesday off. Not too concerned, but have been following this for a good minute, its not "new"s. lol It is is what it is

.82 lunar units so they say, closer than Id like... But it at the end of the day... If you put time into perspective the odds are VERY much in our favor that this isnt "it".

IM GOING TO GO MAKE ME A FOIL HELMET REGARDLESS SO THAT i CAN JOIN THE PARTY

As a prepper I'd have to say that with something like this you really can't worry too much about it. If it hits us there isn't much we can do anyways except stick our heads between our legs and kiss our arse goodbye.

What is the best caliber to use against an asteroid 9, 40 or 45? Haha
Mike

best "stopping power" is probably gonna come from a 22" cal...

150px-W-87_warhead_diagram.svg.png

If something that big was going to come "close" to hitting earth, there are plenty of agencies around the world that would give warning but I believe alot of press would be altered for fear of wide spread panic. Could you imagine what would be going on if the world knew it was about to be the end. OMG, I would fear what everyone would be doing the days before hand more than the impact. Please don't tell me when it is going to happen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top