JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
for the record I ask a question and never claimed any facts I was asking because I was unsure AH's !

You did not ask A question. You made several statements. You made several statements of ignorant or opinionated origin that are far from truth. Then you reply with childish name calling. Real adult like.

An actual question about guns IF that was your actual intent might have gone something like "what do you enjoy about shooting guns like AR-15's". What you asked was FAR from that though.

To those that answered logically thanks I got my answers.

To the others who sniffed to much Gun powder when they were younger and you can you not read a simple question. And to the ones that answered a question with a question after asked not to.
I also thank you too cause now know what a Liberal Conservative is, they are they only ones that never answer a question and only respond with a question.

Thanks again, seems the normal people many people have them just because they see it as any other weapon and not what society makes one out to be. The other people I will never know because they can not read, and for the record I ask a question and never claimed any facts I was asking because I was unsure AH's !
Wow, I never thought of myself as a Liberal Conservative. I guess I always avoid claiming any title other than freedom loving American. But you're right. I answered your question with more questions and I apologize for not paying closer attention to your directions. I guess I got distracted by some of the other good points that others had made. So, let me respond directly to your question. What are they good for? They're an example of one of the freedoms that we, as law abiding Americans, are afforded under the constitution. Remember the constitution? It's that little document that also gives us the right to voice our opinions on subjects like this without persecution. Honestly, your whole premise is pretty flawed since the term "assault weapon" can't be clearly defined.

The second amendment is for one and only reason to defend with some semblance of effectiveness the other 9 amendments in the bill of rights,the second puts the teeth in the bill of rights.The reason for a high capacity rifle such as the ar-15 is precisely that they designed for are effective self defence or offence. If you read federalist papers or writings of the founders it was to keep our government in check not just for hunting,self defence ect

The second amendment is for one and only reason to defend with some semblance of effectiveness the other 9 amendments in the bill of rights,the second puts the teeth in the bill of rights.The reason for a high capacity rifle such as the ar-15 is precisely that they designed for are effective self defence or offence. If you read federalist papers or writings of the founders it was to keep our government in check not just for hunting,self defence ect

Have you seen what the Taliban has done to our government in Iraq and Afghanistan? They don't have any airplanes or tanks, but have managed to create nightmares for our government with small arms and improvised devices. They do it by looking like, and hiding amongst civilians. I think they are the best example of why your theory doesn't hold water.

Let us not forget that we live in a country that has the most deadly military on the planet. So our government already understands that superior firepower is a huge advantage in deterring those that would infringe upon our rights and freedoms. They just would prefer that we, civilians, don't have that same kind of deterant.

In addition we would be mostly fighting on our home grounds and fighting for our lives and liberty while government goons fight for a paycheck. Huge advantages

The germans stg 44 was the first fully automatic weapon,that was called a assault rifle.. stg(sturmgewehr) is german for storm/assault rifle. The liberals in the early 90s started calling semi auto military guns "assault guns" Check out Wikipedia for stg 44. Also I heard that "assault guns" are illigal in Conneticut?

There's a stringent ban there on certain features and I think capacities but if you register the pre bans you can keep them..

Someone I know really well refused to register his semis under the commiefornia "AWB".. he packed them and all "high cap mags" lovingly in space containers and buried them under a buddies 100 year old barn floor until he could escape to America

Guess what? That guy was joined by 90% of the targeted gun owners in commiefornia.. that's right, even in the land of fruits and nuts ~ only 10 % compliance

full Auto's are already banned and anyone ever see a semi auto- with Nato-223 spraying out of a 30 round clip will tell you they are destructive. What would one argue to keep assault weapons

I have many weapons and not one assault weapon never have and never will.

Should there be required training for new gun purchasers ?
I am not saying a person needs a license to own a gun. However I am asking do you think people should be trained before they are allowed to have one.

Theme?

As a citizen of the USA I can only say that I reserve the right to protect my family, friends, neighbors with any weapon I choose. If I want a high capacity rifle and pistol in my safe in case the day comes that there are many threats and a 10 shot pistol is suicide against a large group I damn well deserve to have that peace of mind.

Remember this? Were the guns to blame? Who was the enemy? Why am I worried? Why do I need to own an "Assault" style weapon? copied and pasted

The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre[2][3][4]—occurred at Kent State University in the U.S. city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5]

Kent_State_massacre.jpg

It is this type of talk that will force your assault weapons from your hands. Hopping around yelling about it won't stop it.

I am a gun right supporter, I am 2nd amendment supporter.
And saw not one good argument for anyone to have a assault weapon moreover with large clips.
If this is all people have to give in support of keeping assault weapons then they will be lost.
In fact most of what I read would change the minds of those maybe thinking of support.

The news is pretty clear that this time it is not going away, I asked this question to see why people have them.
Some are legit, and some are ones that should never have one as in chaos I would not want to be 10 blocks from a
civilian with a assault weapon that thinks it is toy in defense of the government. Sounds even more crazy when I typed it.

This forum is awesome and I learn allot on here about my guns and rights and about my CHL, umm but some are crazy as loons
gees and they are armed to boot. :s0054:

As the shootings have brought to light the assault weapon a gun of choice I was curious outside of the obvious 2nd amendment, why Assault Weapons and What are they good for?

The modern semiautomatic rifles incorrectly called "assault weapons" are good for everything any firearm is good for: sport (target) shooting including competition, hunting, self-defense, and collecting.

Full Auto's are already banned

No they aren't. Here are people shooting machine guns in Albany, OR earlier this year

[video=youtube;sc5mW_dUdL0]

and anyone ever see a semi auto- with Nato-223 spraying out of

Semiautomatic rifles don't "spray" bullets. Except in movies. Maybe that is what is confusing you.

a 30 round clip

Magazine. 30-round magazine. Only people who don't know much about guns call magazines "clips".

2ag23o0.jpg vsdm5z.jpg

I have many weapons and not one assault weapon never have and never will.

I have many military-style or ex-military semiautomatic rifles, including an AR-15, an AK, a L1A1, a SKS, a SVT-40, a MAS-49, multiple M1 Rifles and M1 Carbines, a semiauto M14 clone, as well as several .22LR semiautomatic rifles, but I don't own any "assault weapons" either. Do you know the difference?

I personally for me see no use for them.

As I said earlier, they are used for everything any firearm is good for: sport (target) shooting including competition, hunting, self-defense, and collecting.

If you want to win in NRA High Power Rifle competition, you use an AR.

SGT Sherri Gallagher wins 2010 National High Power Rifle Championship
image.axd?picture=2010%2F8%2FDSC_0160.JPG

Which brings me to the forum question, out of the second amendment right to have arms
Why and what purpose do you see for them or think others should have them. I am not asking to rehash the second
this is a strictly ownership and why even get one ?

As I said earlier, they are used for everything any firearm is good for: sport (target) shooting including competition, hunting, self-defense, and collecting.

As a citizen of the USA I can only say that I reserve the right to protect my family, friends, neighbors with any weapon I choose. If I want a high capacity rifle and pistol in my safe in case the day comes that there are many threats and a 10 shot pistol is suicide against a large group I damn well deserve to have that peace of mind.

Unfortunately liberties must be paid for from time to time. No one wants to be the one to pay but the price must be paid, or liberty will flee

The tree of liberty must be refreshed occasionally with the blood of patriots and tyrants

Thomas Jefferson

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads