JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to change some end caps and muzzle devices for quicker on and off of the can on different rifles.

I have 3 rifles threaded in 5/8x24 that I'd put a brake on for can swapping. When I can make it happen, I'll end up with another brake in 5/8x24 and one more in 1/2x28.

My can's internal threads are 1-7/16x20.

I'm lost in all of the terminology ANQ's, JPR's and FDW's etc. it's all Greek to me.

Simply put....

5/8x24 -> (unknown adapter) -> (unknown endcap) -> Suppressor.

I'd prefer to try and limit each muzzle device 'around' $50-70. I'd like to avoid the spring tension design, ratcheting is preferred but I may be hunting a unicorn on that one.

Any assistance?

My two Rimfire cans use the same inside threads but I'm not buying 10 adapters for my Rimfire devices.. just the .30 cals

Probably better recommendations will be given if you tell us the brand/make of the can you want to adapt to your rifles.

Homebrew. This is a Form1 can.

There isn't a brand name attached to the outside other than my name, and other info as required by law.

You could use a Griffin taper style adapter on the Can and put Griffin minimalist brakes on the hosts.
I'll look into that Griffin taper mount.

My threads being as they are, lead me towards needing to purchase from SD Tac, if I had the x24 as you do, DM would be the option.

Thanks!

Looking to change some end caps and muzzle devices for quicker on and off of the can on different rifles.

I have 3 rifles threaded in 5/8x24 that I'd put a brake on for can swapping. When I can make it happen, I'll end up with another brake in 5/8x24 and one more in 1/2x28.

I'm lost in all of the terminology ANQ's, JPR's and FDW's etc. it's all Greek to me.

Simply put....

I'd prefer to try and limit each muzzle device 'around' $50-70. I'd like to avoid the spring tension design, ratcheting is preferred but I may be hunting a unicorn on that one.

Any assistance?

My two Rimfire cans use the same inside threads but I'm not buying 10 adapters for my Rimfire devices.. just the .30 cals

You free this afternoon? I will come over with my adaptor and can. We can take a look at them for your setup.

What an effing great community!
Isn't it?

@Baseacegoku and many more around the Albany area that have met up are a pretty stellar group if I can say so myself. I won't even hold it against him that I think he still has my scope level... ‍:eek::eek::eek: Not that I need it.

Simply put....

Any assistance?

The solution that I was looking for did work out.

SD Tactical had a Titanium end cap that had their muzzle brake design threads. I opted for those and have been running them with no issues.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top